• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

Who said?
I'm sure Lilbaz said £17m as a compromise fee between the 14 and 20 quoted, the 14 and 20 quoted doesn't specify pounds or euros.

Whatever currency. Get it done and move on. We bought him for €25m 3 years ago 5 year contract (according to transfermarkt). So on the books he's worth €10m.

Whatever currency. Get it done and move on. We bought him for €25m 3 years ago 5 year contract (according to transfermarkt). So on the books he's worth €10m.
Whilst I agree we want to get rid and should accept a compromise fee, the whole amortisation/accountancy thing is a red herring IMO.
Say we had signed Romero 5 years ago so his book value was zero, we would not accept a paltry 10m bid of course.

People say Spurs/accountants don't want to take a loss on the book value, but say we signed Ndombele for 60m and realised after 6 months he was a useless twonk, we should have sold him for 40m just to get rid of him and take the hit i.e. don't worry if it IS or IS NOT a good deal based on amortisation, we should just make a deal based on current market value and the book value is pretty irrelevant.
Accountants will say you made a 15m loss, I would say good riddance and better than losing 60m over a painful and protracted 5 years.

Whilst I agree we want to get rid and should accept a compromise fee, the whole amortisation/accountancy thing is a red herring IMO.
Say we had signed Romero 5 years ago so his book value was zero, we would not accept a paltry 10m bid of course.

People say Spurs/accountants don't want to take a loss on the book value, but say we signed Ndombele for 60m and realised after 6 months he was a useless twonk, we should have sold him for 40m just to get rid of him and take the hit i.e. don't worry if it IS or IS NOT a good deal based on amortisation, we should just make a deal based on current market value and the book value is pretty irrelevant.
Accountants will say you made a 15m loss, I would say good riddance and better than losing 60m over a painful and protracted 5 years.

For psr it matters.

Royal seems to be surplus to requirements now (after signing gray). Romero is a key player. So not comparable.

Unless there is truth to the barca rumours and we can get a bidding war going i can't see a better offer coming. £/€17m could be used elsewhere.

For psr it matters.
Royal seems to be surplus to requirements now (after signing gray). Romero is a key player. So not comparable.
OK then, how about Hojbjerg. Surplus. £15m signing on a 5 year deal 4 years ago, so £3m book value, shall we accept £5m for PSR? No. The book value is irrelevant.
PSR requires us to be well run; it doesn't require us to get more than the book value of a player, the book value is a red herring.

OK then, how about Hojbjerg. Surplus. £15m signing on a 5 year deal 4 years ago, so £3m book value, shall we accept £5m for PSR? No. The book value is irrelevant.
PSR requires us to be well run; it doesn't require us to get more than the book value of a player, the book value is a red herring.

You just ignored the rest of my post. 17m is probably as much as we would get for him. It can be better used. Ofcourse we should get as much as we can for a player.
There is 0 point in keeping a player that we are not going to play. We might aswell cash in.

You just ignored the rest of my post. 17m is probably as much as we would get for him. It can be better used. Ofcourse we should get as much as we can for a player.
There is 0 point in keeping a player that we are not going to play. We might aswell cash in.
I agree and I was agreeing. I was making the point that book value is a red herring. Yes we need to conform to PSR rules, but it doesn't matter if one player's sales value is above or below book value. We need to take the cash available and move on, as you said.
If 17m is what we can get for Royal, we should do it, whether his book value is 20m or 10m. Take the money and move on, regardless of book value.

I'd take 5m

No Royal at pre-season training by the looks of it, although Regulion was there. Could suggest the Milan deal is fairly imminent?

Back