• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I wouldn't bother coming at all mate.
Berahino is going to Utd, Pogba is going to Cheatski. Spurs are going to sign a 13 year old girl and a teddy bear.
Melt. Down.
No worries, I'm happy to enjoy my pre and post match pint then, without using my ticket ;)

When is does the trasfer window close? 6pm on a Tuesday? If so, do you remember the last signing we made on a Tuesday deadline day at 6pm?

levy isn't gonna get involved in a "gentlemans agreement" and at best, bearing in mind relative values, Fazio would be nothing more than a minor make weight in a Berahinho deal

I think the official lines are the honest ones

When is does the trasfer window close? 6pm on a Tuesday? If so, do you remember the last signing we made on a Tuesday deadline day at 6pm?
No.
I remember the Tuesday just gone when I spent half the day hitting F5 and scouring the web for news of our latest signing who I felt sure must sign because we have a game coming up and because... I'd spent the previous Tuesday scouring the web and waiting, waiting, waiting... and the Weds Thurs Fri Sat Sun Mon too... and this week... tomorrow is Saturday, still nothing... just some unproven kid called Clinton.

I'd like to see us tie up the Berahino deal sooner rather than later, simply because I'm a little concerned that Arsenal and Man Utd are both still looking for a striker and I suspect he's somewhere on their list of possibilities (albeit further down than he would be on ours). I'm worried we might open the BBC website one of these days and read that Arsenal have given up their pursuit of Benzema and whoever their second choice might be (I don't know - not been following gooner gossip) and Wenger has switched focus to Berahino.

Or else we'll hear that van Gaal has decided to buy him for £36m. It turns out van Gaal's transfer strategy is to throw darts at a map and see what happens. Today he hits Cameroon and suddenly Berahino is in his plans. And yes, West Brom are only asking £25m but with Woodward in charge of negotiations for United, £36m turns out to be a bit of a bargain for them.

Or maybe Chelsea will buy him and loan him back to West Brom (effectively paying £25m out of sheer spite).

I've been preaching patience for a while, and I always had this strange feeling that we'd end up signing Berahino. Now though, I'm starting to get a bit concerned. Ultimately, if a Champions League club are interested in him; then there's not much Levy will be able to do. And I'm worried that might be the case (or might become the case as deadline day approaches and other teams switch targets out of necessity). So fingers crossed we can get this deal done before van Gaal picks up those bloody darts.

Short memories, for all those who think managers are the most honest people on earth. Only 2/3 weeks ago, Poch said that Soldado was firmly in his plans.

The fact is, no one knows much about transfers and get yourselves tied up in the nonsense is just going to make the summer harder and cause you to hate the chairman for a reason you probably can't really explain.

So, I'm coming over for the Everton game. Anyone thinking he will be in our line up then? I'm afraid I dont think so.
If we get him, it will be late next Monday or up to deadline the day after IMO. Hope I'm wrong though.
The window is closing 6pm on Tuesday?
Mate he's a decent player with potential, but would be nowhere near our best player anyway and would do well to be in our first eleven originally. I'd suggest there are much better reasons to get excited about coming to WHL to watch Spurs play over Berahino whether he's signed for us or not...l

Mate he's a decent player with potential, but would be nowhere near our best player anyway and would do well to be in our first eleven originally. I'd suggest there are much better reasons to get excited about coming to WHL to watch Spurs play over Berahino whether he's signed for us or not...l
But if Kane suffers an injury, is too knackered to last 90 minutes a game, then Berahino becomes our best striker, in lieu of us signing another. Otherwise we are reliant on Lamela and Chadli up front. That's the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in. i like Dublin's post above and is a worry that has more than crossed my mind.

But if Kane suffers an injury, is too knackered to last 90 minutes a game, then Berahino becomes our best striker, in lieu of us signing another. Otherwise we are reliant on Lamela and Chadli up front. That's the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in. i like Dublin's post above and is a worry that has more than crossed my mind.
True, I have him pencilled in as one of those behind the striker but as it stands he'd obviously be next in line to play up front. I'm hoping we are in for an out and out striker also, but not convinced we are...

cannot wait to hear what Pulis says about leaving Berahino out of the squad

hopefully hopefully a deal is close

cannot wait to hear what Pulis says about leaving Berahino out of the squad

hopefully hopefully a deal is close

Seemed to only talk about how tinkled off he was that the window stays open when the season starts, seems annoyed he had to omit him, good sign.

Seemed to only talk about how tinkleed off he was that the window stays open when the season starts, seems annoyed he had to omit him, good sign.

yeah i saw that. He never really answered why Berahino was out, like you say he just went on a rant about the window :)

Back