• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I think it's pretty obvious from Pulis' comments that we are prepared to sell Fazio to West Brom without Berahino as part of the deal. This tells me that it is more important to get rid of Fazio, a player we bought for a considerable amount last summer, than to get a player that the manager wants.

Actual swap deals don't really happen - mainly for accounting reasons i would imagine. So any 'deal' in place would involve one player moving before the other.

Now if you think we'd sell Fazio at a loss after only a season to a club we have been in discussions with about one of their players without it being a precursor to that deal being done then that's fair enough - personally the Fazio to WBA transfer all but confirms Berahino is on his way here (imo)

Haha, what the hell? You're just going to assume that we're selling Fazio and not getting Berahino in return? That makes absolutely no sense. Pretty much everything going on now points towards Fazio to WBA, Berahino to us. I'll eat my knickers and film it if we sell Fazio to WBA without getting Berahino in return.
I don't get why you're assuming that we do get him in return. if we got him in return, wouldn't it be part of the deal? Pulis said quite clearly that it was not related to any Berahino deal.

Wow. We actually sell them Fazio without demanding Berahino in return. This proves two things:

1. Our recruitment strategy is an absolute joke. We sell two of the players we brought just a year ago for a big loss.

2. Levy is much more concerned with getting rid of players to save money, than getting the players we need. Whichever way you wanna look at it this leaves us with eiter three centre backs or no dms.

This window started excellent, but is turning into an absolute nightmare. I'm pretty confident we won't be signing Berahino at all this summer. Our club structure needs to change when it comes to transfers, and fast.

If you are proved correct and this happens, my faith in the club will diminish a little more

Actual swap deals don't really happen - mainly for accounting reasons i would imagine. So any 'deal' in place would involve one player moving before the other.

Now if you think we'd sell Fazio at a loss after only a season to a club we have been in discussions with about one of their players without it being a precursor to that deal being done then that's fair enough - personally the Fazio to WBA transfer all but confirms Berahino is on his way here (imo)
I hope you're right...

Come on lads, this does stink of a "sexy" thing to do. Levy says yes ok you sign Fazio first, but we shake on it and have Berahino afterwards? Yes of course Mr Levy you are a trustworthy guy so we will do this for you.

Boom. Mugged off proper like a towie geezer in Sugar Hut.

Isn't that excactly what we did when we sold Stambouli to PSG?

Wow. We actually sell them Fazio without demanding Berahino in return. This proves two things:

1. Our recruitment strategy is an absolute joke. We sell two of the players we brought just a year ago for a big loss.

2. Levy is much more concerned with getting rid of players to save money, than getting the players we need. Whichever way you wanna look at it this leaves us with eiter three centre backs or no dms.

This window started excellent, but is turning into an absolute nightmare. I'm pretty confident we won't be signing Berahino at all this summer. Our club structure needs to change when it comes to transfers, and fast.

iWKad22.jpg

Isn't that excactly what we did when we sold Stambouli to PSG?

No, we made a profit iirc

I suppose you're referring to Rabiot though? Don't think the level of interest there is close enough to be an even comparison. We were selling Stambouli to Watford and then PSG come in with a better offer, we weren't negotiating with PSG for Rabiot and then sold them Stambouli on the cheap...

I think it's pretty obvious from Pulis' comments that we are prepared to sell Fazio to West Brom without Berahino as part of the deal. This tells me that it is more important to get rid of Fazio, a player we bought for a considerable amount last summer, than to get a player that the manager wants.

It tells me that West Brom don't want anything clouding Saido's sale so they can just point to a big block of cash and say "Look, we tried our best but the offer was too good"
But the 'separate' sale of Fazio makes them willing to go ahead with the sale.

But we are both spitting in the wind as regards something that hasn't happened yet. So let's not be speaking with certainty and ascribing motives and blame just yet.

No, we made a profit iirc

I suppose you're referring to Rabiot though? Don't think the level of interest there is close enough to be an even comparison. We were selling Stambouli to Watford and then PSG come in with a better offer, we weren't negotiating with PSG for Rabiot and then sold them Stambouli on the cheap...
Ok, so not excactly the same. But we definately had interest in Rabiot. Didn't he hand in a transfer request to join us?

It tells me that West Brom don't want anything clouding Saido's sale so they can just point to a big block of cash and say "Look, we tried our best but the offer was too good"
But the 'separate' sale of Fazio makes them willing to go ahead with the sale.

But we are both spitting in the wind as regards something that hasn't happened yet. So let's not be speaking with certainty and ascribing motives and blame just yet.
My sense is that a £23m bid will seal it. Our initial £18m plus the £5m from the Fazio sale. It makes for a number that's close to the £25m WBA are asking and on our end we can always claim we essentially got him for £18m, since Faz was on the way out anyway.

don't medicals usually occur AFTER agreeing personal terms? It's been confirmed by Pulis he was having a medical.

Back