• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

elaborate please?

Giving him the benefit of the doubt... would like to think this place is free of shameful attention-seeking ITK. Definitely see where you're coming from but as I said in the above post, it is still plausible he is to some extent ITK. If/when Soldado doesn't sign, then I will denounce him. On the other hand, if he does sign that doesn't mean I will take whatever he says as gospel.

:lol: He claims to have called Gallas and Chadli, who both signed, if Soldado still signs after all these delays he will still have a decent record. After all we can't persecute him until he is flat out wrong about something. Announcements, medicals and the like I'm sure can be delayed (all that's left might be the way the money is paid, after all), but if someone says categorically a player is joining us and then doesn't they have to be called out, not worth doing so until he definitely isn't coming though.

the chadli one is a complete farce. He says AFTER it's already all over twitter and Belgium media that "this one looks done"...i mean a poster actually did a timeline of this but can't remember the thread he posted it on. The Gallas one i don't remember tbh.

Sorry but with all the evidence, to say Soldado will sign isn't rocket science. He was specific though about Day/days of announcement and medicals. That's what a true itk would know...specific details.

The true bit of itk i remember in recent history was jjetset saying we'd sign Nelson and Saha...i mean that's true itk (to bad he started lying and talking brick afterwards).

:lol: He claims to have called Gallas and Chadli, who both signed, if Soldado still signs after all these delays he will still have a decent record. After all we can't persecute him until he is flat out wrong about something. Announcements, medicals and the like I'm sure can be delayed (all that's left might be the way the money is paid, after all), but if someone says categorically a player is joining us and then doesn't they have to be called out, not worth doing so until he definitely isn't coming though.

it was more in anticipation of seeing KD come in to the thread and put you right - it's almost like in Batman when they put up the light with the bat symbol in it when they need some assistance :lol:

it was more in anticipation of seeing KD come in to the thread and put you right - it's almost like in Batman when they put up the light with the bat symbol in it when they need some assistance :lol:

Yeah, the :lol: was at your post, the rest was in similar anticipation!

the chadli one is a complete farce. He says AFTER it's already all over twitter and Belgium media that "this one looks done"...i mean a poster actually did a timeline of this but can't remember the thread he posted it on. The Gallas one i don't remember tbh.

Sorry but with all the evidence, to say Soldado will sign isn't rocket science. He was specific though about Day/days of announcement and medicals. That's what a true itk would know...specific details.

The true bit of itk i remember in recent history was jjetset saying we'd sign Nelson and Saha...i mean that's true itk (to bad he started lying and talking brick afterwards).

Of course you might be, and even probably are totally right. Gallas was his own claim that I personally do not remember and first heard of from him less than a week ago in reference to his credibility.

I would just hope that posters here do not get themselves involved with the nonsense of fake 'ITK' info, and until it is proved beyond all doubt that this is what Mumorn has done, I'm unwilling to add to the often antsy and hostile atmosphere on here by denouncing him. If Soldado doesn't sign believe me, my position will be exactly the same as yours is now.

There is still a degree of uncertainty, however small, about everything you (and he) say and like I said, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt irrespective of how big that doubt is. While I expect and value posts like yours criticising purported ITK, I have absolutely no time for flimflam 'ITK' and would not like to tar anyone with that brush until it is proven beyond doubt that they're full of brick.

Two and half pages of brick.

Is nobody happy we might sign this guy and talk about that for a change? Why are you all so hung up on who said what when. It's hardly important is it.

Two and half pages of brick.

Is nobody happy we might sign this guy and talk about that for a change? Why are you all so hung up on who said what when. It's hardly important is it.

I just want to see him in a Spurs shirt a week on Saturday v Espanyol. Each morning I wake up hoping to see this thread title to have the world *Official* at the top. Looks like it is going to be Aug 3rd the way its dragging along, just as long as its not Aug 23rd.

I personally dont watch Spanish football, so I'm hoping this guy is good as his stats suggest, because he could be the difference this season

I just want to see him in a Spurs shirt a week on Saturday v Espanyol. Each morning I wake up hoping to see this thread title to have the world *Official* at the top. Looks like it is going to be Aug 3rd the way its dragging along, just as long as its not Aug 23rd.

I personally dont watch Spanish football, so I'm hoping this guy is good as his stats suggest, because he could be the difference this season

If its any comfort in it, I guess we are about 400-500 who do the same as you do every morning now for about a week ;)
I've seen Soldado a lot in the last two years, and the best with him - beside scoring goals - is his football brain. He reades the game very well, and is more often than not playing the pass when he sees it better than shooting himself. Quite an big upgrade on Defoe. Pray to GHod we get him, and keep Bale. We could be a contender for top 3, I seriously think we can be challenge for the title.

If its any comfort in it, I guess we are about 400-500 who do the same as you do every morning now for about a week ;)
I've seen Soldado a lot in the last two years, and the best with him - beside scoring goals - is his football brain. He reades the game very well, and is more often than not playing the pass when he sees it better than shooting himself. Quite an big upgrade on Defoe. Pray to GHod we get him, and keep Bale. We could be a contender for top 3, I seriously think we can be challenge for the title.

Cheers for the info

The recent developments with regards to Bale make me even more fecked off that we haven't done this deal yet. All hearsay about it being a "done deal". No excuses if he's 100% medically ok and we still don't get it done in the next couple of days.

The recent developments with regards to Bale make me even more fecked off that we haven't done this deal yet. All hearsay about it being a "done deal". No excuses if he's 100% medically ok and we still don't get it done in the next couple of days.

Someone else already alluded to it, but if Bale does go and as a club we get 80-100m there is a chance our targets change along with that sale.

Someone else already alluded to it, but if Bale does go and as a club we get 80-100m there is a chance our targets change along with that sale.

And sadly the asking prices of said targets will change too, especially if money only comes in a few hours before the transfer deadline

"I can see why Spurs fans would be excited about Soldado coming because I am excited myself about the prospect of playing with him. A guy like Soldado can only strengthen us. Maybe if we’d had him last season as well as Adebayor we would already be in the CL. We’re just like the fans. When we get new signings we can’t wait to see them in training." - Defoe

This potential signing of Soldado makes me think back to January when a striker being bought then could have made all the difference in the race for top 3, never mind top 4.

IIRC we passed on signing another Spanish striker, Alvaro Negredo (or Meh-gredo as GB called him).

Some questions for those who watch Spanish footy regularly:

- What are the differences in attributes between the two?
- With those differences in mind, what is it about La Liga tactics, defences etc that seems to have allowed these two strikers to consistently top (or nearly top) La Liga goalscoring charts in recent seasons?
- why did we pass on Negredo then (and now) but are happy to seemingly pay almost double for Soldado now?
- From a physical build point of view is Negredo more suited to the PL than Soldado?

"I can see why Spurs fans would be excited about Soldado coming because I am excited myself about the prospect of playing with him. A guy like Soldado can only strengthen us. Maybe if we’d had him last season as well as Adebayor we would already be in the CL. We’re just like the fans. When we get new signings we can’t wait to see them in training." - Defoe

Source?

Back