• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

On another topic, the Assisted Dying Bill seems to be a bone of contention for the church who would rather see their "Children of GHod" suffer in their last days. I find that astonishing and frankly an example of how spiteful religion can be. I get there are ethics involved in terms of who decides, but having see a good friend of mine die of stomach cancer, sound of mind he would have made the decision to have ended his own life earlier, who has the right to stop that? Its the utmost level of pain and suffering I have ever seen or care to ever see
Let religious people choose to suffer for their gods, and let the majority be able to choose a bit of dignity

Yes. Property value would almost certainly decrease and investors would leave the market. The flood of properties on the market would mean huge amounts of previous tenants would then become owners. Also that would result in lower competition for rental properties resulting in lower rent. Brilliant isn't it?
"UK buy-to-let landlords are selling up in record numbers due to worries about the prospect of higher taxes...a fifth of homes currently for sale were previously available to rent...a jump from around 14% over the past five years"

On another topic, the Assisted Dying Bill seems to be a bone of contention for the church who would rather see their "Children of GHod" suffer in their last days. I find that astonishing and frankly an example of how spiteful religion can be. I get there are ethics involved in terms of who decides, but having see a good friend of mine die of stomach cancer, sound of mind he would have made the decision to have ended his own life earlier, who has the right to stop that? Its the utmost level of pain and suffering I have ever seen or care to ever see
I'm 100% behind this bill passing
As you say it could end a lot of suffering for the person affected and also the family/friends struggling to cope whilst it's happening

Watched my mum die a terrible death last summer over a period of many weeks as a result of COPD. I was horrified that we allow people to die in this way; I was probably very ignorant, but I just didn’t know it happened in the modern medical world. The staff did everything they were legally allowed to do, but it just wasn’t enough to ease her suffering. I joined the Campaign for Assisted Dying shortly after her death.

Watched my mum die a terrible death last summer over a period of many weeks as a result of COPD. I was horrified that we allow people to die in this way; I was probably very ignorant, but I just didn’t know it happened in the modern medical world. The staff did everything they were legally allowed to do, but it just wasn’t enough to ease her suffering. I joined the Campaign for Assisted Dying shortly after her death.

Sorry for the loss mate, terrible, my dad has COPD and dementia so we have it to come there too (although granted trickier with dementia as the sound mind stuff).

Honestly the suffering I saw was scary and it just seemed cruel in the end. Like with your mum they did the legal requirement but gave him the morphine to control which like popularly said, finished him off, but by that time he was even unable to control that.

We have to do better IMO

Sorry for the loss mate, terrible, my dad has COPD and dementia so we have it to come there too (although granted trickier with dementia as the sound mind stuff).

Honestly the suffering I saw was scary and it just seemed cruel in the end. Like with your mum they did the legal requirement but gave him the morphine to control which like popularly said, finished him off, but by that time he was even unable to control that.

We have to do better IMO
For sure we do. Hope your dad is as comfortable as he can be.

"UK buy-to-let landlords are selling up in record numbers due to worries about the prospect of higher taxes...a fifth of homes currently for sale were previously available to rent...a jump from around 14% over the past five years"
I'm not sure how significant a 6% 'jump' is over 5 years?

With the tax changes, increased interest rates and the proposed AST law reforms I'm not surprised some people are jumping ship.

The supply of homes onto the market will increase choice and theoretically prices may slide BUT we usually have a standoff period, where sellers still want what they want and buyers still have affordability issues/mortgage rates to navigate.

Back