• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Let's see... he's played two games this season, one where he played really well and scored and another in which he didn't show anything, much like the rest of the side in difficult circumstances.

Like many, I was happy to give him a clean slate after he finally had a break this summer and has had a chance to work with the new manager. Let's allow him more than one indifferent performance before getting on his back again :barnet:

I'm happy to view him objectively, but I have a question for the people that rate him....why? Explain to me, other than a decent goal ratio, what he offers to a team?

The biggest thing for me is, I genuinely cannot tell - and I don't see many others stating it either
I really want him to succeed, as a goal scoring midfielder would be like go(a)ld dust

please enlighten me.....

Has been stealing a living for the past 14 months

That's exactly how I see it and it's infuriating. He's like a solider that's perfectly happy just ducking and hiding whilst his colleagues are charging towards the enemy. Jenas did not hide as much as he has since he's joined and Jenas got helllllll for it.

We can give him the season as backup/a different option to Eriksen. Hopefully he can do well in the cups for us. We almost certainly over-paid for him, likewise Soldado and Lamela, but that doesn't mean he won't be of some use to us this season.

We've also got a season to see how Holtby and Carroll do out on loan, and then we can re-evaluate Paulinho in the summer.

That's exactly how I see it and it's infuriating. He's like a solider that's perfectly happy just ducking and hiding whilst his colleagues are charging towards the enemy. Jenas did not hide as much as he has since he's joined and Jenas got helllllll for it.

Jenas got hell for it, but primarily in the second half of his 6 year Spurs career (not counting his loan spells away from the club).

Even 2-3 years into his Spurs career a lot of people, including myself, were still hoping that he would turn it around and become the player he clearly had the talent to become early on in his career.

At this point Paulinho has had one very messy season and one EL game. He's not being played regularly in the league so it's not like his shortcomings are currently costing us. To the extent that his shortcomings are ducking and hiding I think Poch will either work it out or figure it out and get rid.

In a slightly sad way it did make me laugh when he showed some really nice footwork in our own half when being closed down, took a touch, looked up, saw two players standing 4 metres apart completely free and pinged a pass in between them in to the crowd....It looked so classy just for a second and it all went downhill again.

I like to be positive and today again I thought that here's another great opportunity, coming on with half an hour left when we need something from anywhere, my hope fades game by game if I'm honest

So average.

That's very generous.

Had this discussion last night, there is a case for arguing that he is our worst central midfielder of the last decade. Livermore was pretty crap but at least he worked hard. Zokora couldn't pass or shoot to save his life, but he was insanely fast and had great stamina to keep doing those surging runs with the ball through the middle of the pitch. O'Hara was **** too but he had a decent left peg on him to score a few goals and deliver a few good set-pieces. Palacios was dire at the end of his time here, but when he first joined he was a monster in midfield, giving us some much needed backbone.

Paulinho is consistently the worst player on the pitch. He gives the ball away a lot, he misses a lot of chances, doesn't cover much ground, is an absolute pansy, doesn't have much pace or strength and generally offers approximately zero to both our attack and defence. Seriously, what is he good at? What attributes to his game make people think that he's a better option than anyone else in our squad to be on the pitch at any given time? The fact that he's Brazilian with a fancy name and tries the odd backheel really seems to blind a lot of people. If he was a 26 year old English player that we'd paid £17m for and was putting in this kind of **** every week, he'd be used as a key example of English players being so overpriced.

It's all well and good needing time to "adapt" to a foreign league, but he's absolutely miles off where the likes of Ramires, Fernandinho, Elano, Gilberto etc were after their first year, and the key about waiting for a player to adapt is that the basic technical attributes need to be there in the first place. I've seen absolutely nothing from Paulinho to convince me that they are. I've love for him to come good, but I just don't see it happening. Should be looking to cut our losses on this one as soon as possible.

In a slightly sad way it did make me laugh when he showed some really nice footwork in our own half when being closed down, took a touch, looked up, saw two players standing 4 metres apart completely free and pinged a pass in between them in to the crowd....It looked so classy just for a second and it all went downhill again.

I like to be positive and today again I thought that here's another great opportunity, coming on with half an hour left when we need something from anywhere, my hope fades game by game if I'm honest

What annoyed me slightly there was that either of those two players could've quickly run and kept that ball in play.... Perhaps it sums up our motivation that neither of them thought they should do so (or perhaps it was just one of those unfortunate ones where it was right in the middle of both of them and they were both just leaving it to each other?)

I have never really used a forum before but have basically felt compelled to just by how poor this guy is. I need to vent. Even tonight, his weight of pass, touch and positioning was really poor.

I genuinely think that a lot of spurs fans get duped my names and price tags. If he was a youth prospect he would be getting death threats by now.

To compare him to Jenas is a disgrace to jenas - this guy runs in straight lines, has limited ability, has little athleticism and bottles out of tackles. He can pop up with goals and does find himself in good positions (largely due to fact he has zero discipline), but so far for us he has been woeful. Can't stand him or his almighty attitude. Him for whatever is manageable.

Sad case of disadvantages of the separating the buying and coaching of players. I'm still rooting for Paulie but I agree that he doesn't look half as interested as the rest. I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere, maybe a change of scenery is the best for all parties involved.

Sad case of disadvantages of the separating the buying and coaching of players. I'm still rooting for Paulie but I agree that he doesn't look half as interested as the rest. I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere, maybe a change of scenery is the best for all parties involved.

I thought this season he may come back invigorated. Last season I thought he had his mind on the World Cup after January, you could see him shirking tackles to avoid injury. With no WC this year, I thought he may plough on and produce for us, but so far it hasn't happened. I think he is a centre midfielder in an old-fashioned sense, probably more suited for a 442 formation, but in the current system he isn't defensively good enough to hold, nor is he sharp or intricate enough to play behind the striker.

His closest friends at the club since arriving have left in Sandro and Gomes. He may be rather isolated at the club now

I still hold hope that he can be a good player. Until he has left the club, that hope will still be there.

I don't normally like to be negative towards our players. But he is so disappointing in pretty much everything he does. He had the one good game against Stoke last year and that's been it really.
I was hoping he was just saving himself for the world cup, but he doesn't even show glimpses of being a special player. Even David Bentley showed glimpses now and again.
Sad to think he's taking the spot of the likes of Mason and Carroll who may or may not be as good but at least they haven't hidden and haven't cost us millions of wasted pounds.

The question for me was he always this bad or has his form just gone down the toilet since he came to Spurs? Surely we must have seen something in him to spend all that money? He wouldn't be the first player we 'broke'.

I thought he had a **** poor first touch after seeing him for about 5-10 games but was happy to give him some time to come good. Still waiting, but I just feel he's a luxury player who will get goals every now and then but never really command the midfield.

Back