• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

Was Ziegler ever a world cup winner? he played for Germany quite a bit when he was with us. Can not actually remember when they last won the World cup.

Was Ziegler ever a world cup winner? he played for Germany quite a bit when he was with us. Can not actually remember when they last won the World cup.

unified germany have never won the worldcup. same record as england then i guess ;)

Why? He's a Brazilian international. I don't know if he was in a WC winning squad though.

Nope. But he was in the Brazilian squad in the 2006 World Cup and scored a goal (against Japan). But Brazil were poor that year and lost to France in the quarter finals (Gilberto was an unused substitute in that game).

So have we worked out who the last world cup winner we had in our squad was? Surely it's not so far back as Jurgen the German.

For some reason I remember this coming up before and being completely underwhelmed by the answer, which is why my first guess was Gilberto.

So have we worked out who the last world cup winner we had in our squad was? Surely it's not so far back as Jurgen the German.

For some reason I remember this coming up before and being completely underwhelmed by the answer, which is why my first guess was Gilberto.

It's Klinsmann.

Lots of "almosts" though. Kaka, Rivaldo, Villa, Iaquinta, Zidane, Dugarry

Any bets on Paulinho coming back as a World Champion and Golden Boot winner?

It's Klinsmann.

My guess is: Paulie will be a very important player as Brazil will struggle to break down a lot of teams parking the bus, and his runs in the box will give some much needed space to the Neymars and Hulks. He will chip in with 2-3 goals (probably important ones), he will win the World Cup - but not the Golden Boot :)

After today's game he may lose hos place, he was so anonymous!

A whole season of that at Spurs hasn't stopped him from getting in the team, why would it now?

It's Klinsmann.

I don't think you should include people who never signed for us as the 'almosts' but include players who actually played for us. In which case the answer lies in 06 with Pascal Chimbonda. :lol:

Last edited:

Extraordinary that this guy is likely to feature in the Brazilian starting lineup, based on what we've seen last season.

we must have bought him for £17m for a reason though.. so something clearly isnt right

Extraordinary that this guy is likely to feature in the Brazilian starting lineup, based on what we've seen last season.

still managed to score 6 goals though.He looks good in an organised team like AVB's.Looked abit at sea in Sherwoods old fashioned 4-4-2 though which is no suprise really.

still managed to score 6 goals though.He looks good in an organised team like AVB's.Looked abit at sea in Sherwoods old fashioned 4-4-2 though which is no suprise really.

For me he has looked a far better player when he has had Sandro doing the 'donkey work' for him, leaving him to roam further up the field

Back