• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Premier League Matches Thread

The time on the board should be the minimum to be played but the ref can whistle when he likes after that - doesn't matter where the ball is, although it should be in play.

Would agree that at the professional level it should be a separate time keeper a la rugby union and the ref just indicates when he wants the clock stopped and started.

I think it is really all up to the ref, there's no rule that says he has to see an attack through, although they usually do that (for obvious reasons). The Championship in Sweden was decided on a decision like this a few years back, Helsingborg actually scored from a cross to make them 3-2 winners (which would make them the champions), but the ref had blown the whistle a split second before the cross hit the attacker's head. Ridiculous.

Funny you should mention Sweden, because probably the most famous example of this situation involved the Swedish national team and ref Clive Thomas in 1978:

[video=youtube;S0JFuWqwFg4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0JFuWqwFg4[/video]

Who says the BBC doesn't have a sense of humour?

Bjo9hb2IQAAOkjm.jpg

Gives goons a throw that wasnt to try and will in the winner, then blows up for FT when Swansea have a great chance to score. Some refs are deffo bent, what a c**t.
that will be the decisive 1 point which will be the difference between Arsanal finishing 4th rather than 5th........

[AuroRaman;532586]That accent....[/QUOTE]

MUST be fake. No area in Manchester talks like this. Terry Christian-like.

It's been kinda lost with United's humiliation, but I thought Rooney was absolutely fantastic again last night. He made a contribution in every part of the pitch at one point or other from FB through to CF. A pearl amongst swine.

Liverpool so confident. I don't think there is a shred of doubt in their heads that they will just swat Sunderland and Spurs out the way.

It's been kinda lost with United's humiliation, but I thought Rooney was absolutely fantastic again last night. He made a contribution in every part of the pitch at one point or other from FB through to CF. A pearl amongst swine.

Haha a pearl amongst swine. Brilliant

I know they've been good, but I look at that Liverpool side and think we should beat them.

Bloody hell, Ki isn't playing!!! Noooo

I love how there was such a big atmosphere before KO, then 5 mins in you can hear a pin drop :)

First time I'm watched a full Liverpool game in ages, at the risk of tempting fate, they look good at keeping possession in their own half but otherwise haven't even had a shot in the 1st 25 mins.
The only thing of note a blatant dive and roll around act by Suarez that should have been a yellow card.

Back