• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

AVB and the team must avoid getting sucked into any of it. It has to be another game to the players and coaches...I have to say, one of the quotes in there just made me laugh.

Hopefully Allen's testament there puts the boot into the argument that us collapsing so far last season was simply the club falling back to it's natural level after over-performing to a massive degree in the first half of it.

Sadly, I doubt that would be the case, mate. Not until the end of time. It was all down to Lennon's injury, don't you know :-" ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/10/tottenham-andre-villas-boas-harry-redknapp

Tottenham's André Villas-Boas refuses to rise to Harry Redknapp's jibe

• Redknapp: 'You'd have to be a dope to mess up Chelsea job'
• Villas-Boas: 'You have to experience it and survive it'

Paul Doyle

The Guardian, Thursday 10 January 2013 22.30 GMT

André Villas-Boas, the manager of Tottenham Hotspur, believes the north London club are poised to reach new heights. Photograph: Ian Kington/AFP/Getty Images

André Villas-Boas refused to be drawn into a war of words with the man he replaced at Tottenham after Harry Redknapp was perceived to have mocked the Portuguese for failing to achieve success at Chelsea.

Redknapp was accused in some quarters of firing a sly jibe at Villas-Boas last week when, in response to a question about the likelihood of Rafael Benítez thriving at Stamford Bridge, he remarked: "You'd have to be a dope to mess it up with that group of players." Villas-Boas was sacked by Chelsea last year nine months into a three-year contract and his assistant, Roberto Di Matteo, took over and led the team to Champions League and FA Cup triumphs.

Villas-Boas professed to being unruffled by Redknapp's remark, simply noting that the Queens Park Rangers manager is in no position to venture an opinion on the singular goings-on at Chelsea since he has never worked at that club. "Only when you manage it you can find out about it," said Tottenham's manager. "You have to be able to access a club like that to experience it. It's a different type of club and you have to experience it and survive it."

Villas-Boas said his reputation was dented by his stint at Stamford Bridge but believes he and Tottenham are poised to reach new heights. He is relishing the stability he has found at White Hart Lane – he took care not to contrast overtly that atmosphere with what he endured at Chelsea or, indeed, with the uncertainty that engulfed Tottenham last season when Redknapp refused to rule himself out of the running for the England job, a stance that was said to have annoyed the club's chairman, Daniel Levy, and contributed towards the decision to seek a new manager in the summer.

"That was a club decision and I can't really expand on the reasons for it," said Villas-Boas, who said he and his team are revelling in their unity of purpose. "Stability is always important," he said. "Even on the players' confidence, and they are the ones that make the difference. When they feel comfortable about their football, they do things better on the pitch and I think that is what they are doing now. Maybe that is why you see so many players feeling good about their football and playing extremely well."

Villas-Boas said that beyond shaking hands with Redknapp before previous matches, he has never so much as spoken to his predecessor.

The pair will come face to face at Loftus Road on Saturday when Tottenham will attempt to compound Redknapp's relegation fears and boost their own upward momentum.

The Portuguese labelled the match a must-win duel for his side given that Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal are playing against each other this weekend and Manchester United take on Liverpool. "What I want is for us to profit from a weekend where the top teams meet each other. It will be excellent for us if we can get Emirates Marketing Project into this battle between ourselves, Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton. That is our objective, to shorten the gap to the top and open the gap to the teams who are below us."

The Tottenham manager said his club are unlikely to make any new signings this month even though Emmanuel Adebayor will leave for the Africa Cup of Nations after the QPR match, meaning he will miss between two and five matches.

Villas-Boas denied reports that the club is interested in the Montpellier midfielder Younès Belhanda. He admitted that he is an admirer of Internacional's striker Leandro Damião but said it is "extremely unlikely" that Tottenham will be able to do a deal for the Brazilian due to interest from richer clubs.

"Not many people walk away from a club as popular as I was at that time. Normally when you leave a football club, you go out with the fans shouting for you to go but I never had that."
Harry Redknapp

He doesn't come on here much I gather

"Not many people walk away from a club as popular as I was at that time. Normally when you leave a football club, you go out with the fans shouting for you to go but I never had that."
Harry Redknapp

But Aitch, you wanted to 'walk away' for the Engerland job. And in the end the only reason you 'walked away' is because Levy told you to do one.

I like Harry. But as 90291 says Harry hardly walked away, and his popularity really divides the Spurs fans. I wonder does he really think he is universally adored?

Harry Redknapp

I would shake Harry's hand if I met him and I would love to have a drink with the guy.
But he made a host of bad decisions which cost us trophies and top 3/4 places and a load of fudging dough.
But it is like asking a Ford Cortina to compete in Grand Prix. Nothing wrong with the Cortina..just not good enough.

Harry Redknapp

Southampton and West Ham fans all universally adore you Harry. ;)

What Redknapp Said to AVB - Exclusive

Spurs take on Queens Park Rangers on Saturday lunchtime and it will be the first time new Rangers boss Harry Redknapp has faced his former side since leaving the club last summer. In a PickOurTeam exclusive, we listened to the pre-match conversation between Redknapp and his successor at White Hart Lane, Andre Villas-Boas. This is how it went:

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS: Harry, how are you?

HARRY REDKNAPP: Gnnnnnnnggghr!

AVB: I beg your pardon?

HR: Gaaaaaargh!

AVB: Are you ok? Should I send for a doctor?

HR: Bah! 'Allo Andre, mate. Sorry about that. I'm 'aving a right 'mare with this new smartphone Jamie gave me. I've been trying to text Sandra for the last hour, but I can't get anywhere with it.

AVB: Harry?

HR: Yes, Andre?

AVB: That's a pocket calculator.

HR: Is it?

AVB: Yes.

HR: Well, that explains why I've only been able to type 'boobies'. I did wonder about that. How are you, Andre? How's Tottenham treating you?

AVB: (shrugs) It is as it should be. They feed me on time, my quarters are satisfactory, the training grounds are fit for routine perambulation and calisthenics. And you? How is Queens Park Rangers?

HR: I'll level you with you, Andre, it's a bleedin' nightmare. I've got 48 players and only seven of 'em are on the Redknapp Scale.

AVB: The Redknapp Scale?

HR: Yeah, well there's Clint Hill, Shaun Derry, Samba Diakite and Jamie Mackie. They'll run through brick walls. Then you've got Adel Taarabt. He's a top player. You've got Julio Cesar. He's even better. He's a top, top player. And then you've got Esteban Granero.

AVB: What is he?

HR: He's t'riffic.

AVB: I see. I must thank you, by the way, for leaving me such a well appointed squad.

HR: Top, top lads, aren't they? Bale's t'riffic. You know the secret to Bale?

AVB: No!

HR: Tell him to run about a bit.

AVB: I see. I found it hard at first to override their natural instinctitude for simplicity. I had to re-route their primary sub-routines and recode their aware-iables.

HR: You've lost me.

AVB: I wrote a dossier.

HR: Ah, yeah. Dossiers. Bit modern, that. You know what really works? Putting smiles on faces. These lads, they're good lads, top lads, but they don't like brain-sweat. Take Jermain, for example. Simple lad. Stick the ball in front of him and he'll score. Or he'll be caught offside. But sometimes he'll score. Simple.

AVB: Actually, I've instructed him to diversify his diffusion.

HR: Eh?

AVB: I told him to run about a bit.

HR: Ah, that's just science though. Anyone can do that. You got a clipboard?

AVB: I have seven.

HR: I've got one. It's brilliant. Kevin uses it to carry coffee mugs out from the office to the training ground. Very handy. Anyway, I've got to get back to the dressing room. Bobby Zamora's crying in the shower again and Rob Green keeps writing 'Come and get me' on the walls in his own poop. No rest for the wicked, eh? One more thing, who you got your eye on for the transfer window?

AVB: Leandro Damiao. He is mobile, intelligent and a potent force in the final third. The amorphous nature of his movement makes him the perfect target for the verticality of our passing, allowing us to eviscerate rear quarters with extreme perspectivication.

HR: You wot?

AVB: (sighs) He's t'riffic.

HR: Lovely jubbly. I'm making a move for Crouchy. Top player, lovely lad. All the best, Andre! Be lucky!

http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/queens-park-rangers/news/10-01-2013/what-redknapp-said-to-avb-exclusive

Harry Redknapp

Put simply, the man bends the truth better than Uri Gellar bent fudging spoons...

Harry Redknapp

Put simply, the man bends the truth better than Uri Gellar bent fudging spoons...
That's borderline offensive, lol!

Harry Redknapp

I was looking forward to a good even game tomorrow but having read brick like that (along with the AVB swipes) - I truly hope we trash them to bits now. Humilation. No mercy. A proper finding out

Back