• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Agreed. Let's just accept that AVB wil NEVER be Harry Redknapp. For some on here that means unless he wins every game he is automatically under pressure

People wanted Redknapp gone after the first two games last season.

He doesn't have to win every game, winning one would be start. Can you really blame people for being skeptical based on his record in England?

why should we go easy on him when people didnt go easy on redknapp at the first sign of trouble? He did what no other manager in the premiership has done for us, and he did it twice. If his eyes werent wandering he would have kept us 'title relevant' till the end of the season. but ONLY 2 and half months of woes and people totally disregarded all the good he has done as wanted him out

i see no reason why people should cut AVB any slack...poor guy is going to have to be a victim for the deeds of the people that wanted harry out in favour of him

ah going over Redknapps time here once again but . . .

it wasn't only two and a half months of woes though was it ? we fell apart the season before in the new year in similar fashion to season just gone ;)

and as for why should we go easy on him ? how about because, like it or lump it - he is our new manager and should be given a fair crack of the whip.

it seems to me that people just can't let go the way Redknapp has been dismissed and replaced so they are choosing to act a certain way on here with regards to his replacement as some kind of crusade to highlight how they feel some people treated Redknapp.

It scares me that you don't actually know what trolling is, do you? You are a mod, and you literally have no idea of what a forum (not just GG) troll is. Unbelievable.

And at least two of the mods you've stuck stars against there have stuck the knife into Redknapp or posters who have defended him, on more than one occasion. A couple of others rarely post. So you've proved my point. Well done.

Hang on.

YOU were the one who made the accusation of trolling, not me.

And YOUR description of trolls is someone "sticking the knife into Redknapp and making dumb, unfunny digs at him".

That is just as valid if they have a point to make as your staunch defence of him.

Do YOU know what a troll is?

And why does all this scare you ? I believe you are taking this all too seriously.

As for the mods and their opinions.......does being a mod stop you from having an opinion now? And even if one or two have had a pop in the past, I didn't star every mod purely because I simply couldn't remember if thet were pro or anti HR. Not that it matters, because, like everyone else, they are also entitled to voice their opinion on an open forum, whether you agree with that opinion or not.

ah going over Redknapps time here once again but . . .

it wasn't only two and a half months of woes though was it ? we fell apart the season before in the new year in similar fashion to season just gone ;)

and as for why should we go easy on him ? how about because, like it or lump it - he is our new manager and should be given a fair crack of the whip.

it seems to me that people just can't let go the way Redknapp has been dismissed and replaced so they are choosing to act a certain way on here with regards to his replacement as some kind of crusade to highlight how they feel some people treated Redknapp.

People are always going to compare AVB to previous managers, even after 3 games rightly or wrongly.

He doesn't have to win every game, winning one would be start. Can you really blame people for being skeptical based on his record in England?

As is often the case, half of AVB's problems with certain Spurs fans will be the Spurs fans who wanted him. I have no problem with AVB, but I have a real problem with the fans who wanted AVB in and wanted Harry out claiming that he had taken us as far as he could, and now they've got their wish they all of a sudden lower the expectations of what we should be achieving. But that's not AVB's fault.

The problem I have with AVB is the same problem I'd have had with any manager who has done what he has done. Even the majority of those that wanted Harry out (most of whom have magically changed their mind now it no longer suits their agenda) said that we didn't need anything radical. I said when his job was under threat that if Harry goes we'll probably go backwards and I was shouted down by several posters who claimed I was talking gonads. Harry was doing such a terrible job thta any half decent manager would have achieved what he achieved apparently.

So a new manager comes in and takes over a top four side that plays possession football, and usually very attractive football too. Even during our poor run of results I said at the time I didn't believe our form was that bad and also it WAS a tough run of fixtures. Ironically Norwich at home was the one result which was disgusting and I solely laid it at Redknapp's door for picking Livermore as a starting centre mid when he isn't that good defensively. A mistake that AVB has made in all three matches IMO.

So the LAST thing I wanted a new manager to do was dismantle all of Redknapp's work, change the system, change the playing style over night. Do it gradually. And then AVB is announced and where did he go wrong with Chelsea? Tried to change too much, too soon. I'd hoped he'd learned his lesson but sadly from the first three matches this season I don't think he has.

I'm prepared to give AVB time (I've said several times as long as he tries to have us playing entertaining football and we seriously aren't in relegation danger then he definitely should get two years) but that doesn't mean I am happy with the way the start of the season has gone. We have looked very poor, and worst of all for me is we aren't even trying to play entertaining football and that concerns me greatly.

I've said it before, but I feel sorry for the fans who spent the Redknapp years moaning and bitching. 4th, 5th (despite also have a debut CL campaign to deal with), 4th was something to celebrate. Instead a lot of our fans decided it simply wasn't good enough or seemingly hated every minute of it because they didn't like the Manager on a personal level. Very sad that they didn't enjoy what was a great little golden era for us.....and one we may not have again for years to come.

Hang on.

YOU were the one who made the accusation of trolling, not me.

And YOUR description of trolls is someone "sticking the knife into Redknapp and making dumb, unfunny digs at him".

That is just as valid if they have a point to make as your staunch defence of him.

Do YOU know what a troll is?

And why does all this scare you ? I believe you are taking this all too seriously.

As for the mods and their opinions.......does being a mod stop you from having an opinion now? And even if one or two have had a pop in the past, I didn't star every mod purely because I simply couldn't remember if thet were pro or anti HR. Not that it matters, because, like everyone else, they are also entitled to voice their opinion on an open forum, whether you agree with that opinion or not.

Yes I do, and your statement clearly demonstrates that you do not. For a mod on a popular forum I think that is unacceptable.

To be honest i do not give a brick about his record last season only what he does here, however seeing as you are now scraping the barrel he had a better points per game then RDM.

Good for you. But I'm worried that he will repeat some of the mistakes he made last season, alienating certain players, leaking too many goals and looking shaky at the back.

Not really saying a lot, Di Matteo is a bad manager, albeit a very lucky one.

Good for you. But I'm worried that he will repeat some of the mistakes he made last season, alienating certain players, leaking too many goals and looking shaky at the back.

Not really saying a lot, Di Matteo is a bad manager, albeit a very lucky one.

I think the PPM comparison with RDM is a false one anyway once put under scrutiny, especially when other games are taken into consideration. The PPM was a lot higher under RDM until the last 4 games. The reason is neither manager really had a lot of games to perform a decent sample size.

A manager should be judged on a full season as a bare minimum IMHO, which is why I find people who focus only on a short run of negative (or positive) form as not being worthy enough to debate with.

I think the PPM comparison with RDM is a false one anyway once put under scrutiny, especially when other games are taken into consideration. The PPM was a lot higher under RDM until the last 4 games. The reason is neither manager really had a lot of games to perform a decent sample size.

A manager should be judged on a full season as a bare minimum IMHO, which is why I find people who focus only on a short run of negative (or positive) form as not being worthy enough to debate with.

remind me, what is it that you are basing your concerns of AVB on ?

Actually his record in England only looks 'bad' when you compare how he did in Porto the year before AND you neglect to look at the poisoned chalic the Chelsea job was in the first place.
Time wil tell, and I'm prepared to gve him that time (not that I don't worry about certain things myself)

Actually his record in England only looks 'bad' when you compare how he did in Porto the year before AND you neglect to look at the poisoned chalic the Chelsea job was in the first place.
Time wil tell, and I'm prepared to gve him that time (not that I don't worry about certain things myself)

I agree, he does deserve time. I didn't say I wanted him gone, but I'm worried. What do you expect football fans to do? After the start we've had, it's natural to be worried. I can't pretend that I know that everything is going to be hunky dory because I don't know.

To be honest i do not give a brick about his record last season only what he does here, however seeing as you are now scraping the barrel he had a better points per game then RDM.

he sure did, but RDM had an FA Cup and CL win to his name.

I think most fans, and indeed pundits and other media mongs, accept the circumstances at Chelsea were such as to make an assessment of AVB's time there difficult. As widely reported he was given a brief and tried to act on it before the Russian got Siberian feet.

Similarly it is very hard to judge RDM because the success he achieved was so fortuitous as to defy belief. Is that a bona fide managerial tactic i.e. to be a lucky ****? It helps I suppose.

I guess my point is the jury is still out on both, but to judge after three games, and only one defeat when you think about it, is fickle (even faecal) to say the least.

Back