• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur VS Some Gauche Middle Eastern Oil Money ***

I don't think we could have been much worse there, irrelevant of how good they are.

We haven't passed it in midfield at all, just nervously prodded it in the general direction of one of our players, usually handing it back to them.

Passing between the back four has been 1mph.

When we have had a little opportunity going forward its been wasted.

we are rushed and pressed, hardly any time on the ball, bullied rest of the time, and they keep it better than us

this is a very, very high tempo game, even they are rushing their chances - we need to keep our head, and yes, possibly sissoko and aurier on for trippier and winks for a bit of meat and strength with speed

Well, 1-0 at half-time probably flatters us - they were good, and we were sh*te.

Winks is being overrun, and needs help. Trippier likewise. Dembele's been anonymous.

We need another player sitting deep to start our attacks, to give us a passing option and to man-mark. Three up front behind Kane with only Winks and Dembele sitting deep isn't working.

First off, I'd get Aurier on for Trippier. When Trippier is beaten, he is left *for dead* - he has no pace and no real physical strength, so he can never really catch up when it happens, which is all too often. So get Aurier on for Trippier.

Secondly, we need someone good on the ball to sit deep ahead of the defense, to give us a passing option. Someone who won't get pushed off it, who can defend reasonably well and give us another option. The one time we tried that (with a certain AM dropping deep), City backed off from their press and we could build.

Pull. Alli. Back. Pull him into central midfield alongside Dembele, and sit Winks even deeper to be that passing option. Go 4-3-3, with Son on one side of Harry.

And get Eriksen off for Lamela, to put Erik on the *other* side of Harry. It's unfair on Eriksen, but we have to go for it, Lamela presses better, is a little bit quicker, and in a 4-3-3, he can form a mirror image of Son on the other side. So get Eriksen off for Lamela.

Or, alternately, get Alli off and sit Eriksen deeper. Either works. But something has to change, because our build-up is being *destroyed*.

A very poor first half, unfortunately. They are simply a far better football team than us, although we can obviously do better than we have done. We look nervous and many of our players have poor touches on the ball more frequently than they have good ones.

The way we set up tactically didn't work either. The diamond in midfield gave them too much space down our flanks and Trippier simply can't deal with Sane. Aurier should have played instead as he is quicker and better one against one. We looked a bit better defensively after switching the formation to a 4-4-1-1, or whatever it was. Trying to close down high up the pitch also backfired. They play a longer ball and comfortably establish play in our half when we have many players high up the pitch.

The positive thing is that there is only one goal in it, and it's definitely possible to score against them. When we have managed to play through their press, we have lots of space in their half. Better precision and decision-making and we could easily be in.

No thanks. This is the sort of game where Aurier gives a goal away, a pen away or gets sent off. Too much of a liability.

But if Sane keeps running round Trippier like he has already they are going to score as a result. I don't think Aurier is likely to do much worse.

It's like they know they are going to lose, it's like the Arsenal game

Simply appalling...

When the Spammers played Emirates Marketing Project, literally every one of the wham players played to their maximum ability. We simply can't say the same. Nowhere near.

Winks and Trippier are having a mare. Poch needs to shore up the midfield and that right hand side. They need to control De Bruyne somehow.

But....taking my obvious Spurs bias aside - City are one hell of a team going forward.

I dont know how Poch can stop them...i hope he has an idea

They are, but we are making all the chances for them.

Commentators just said the last 3 goals we've conceded away have been from corners, we need to tighten up. I miss Toby.

When the Spammers played Emirates Marketing Project, literally every one of the wham players played to their maximum ability. We simply can't say the same. Nowhere near.

What West Ham did against City, we did against Madrid. It's clear where our hearts have been this season. But that can't be helped - the now is what matters.

But if Sane keeps running round Trippier like he has already they are going to score as a result. I don't think Aurier is likely to do much worse.

I disagree but take the point. Trippier has been poor. I just think Serge would do even worse. The City right back looks pretty good though...cheeky bid?

been like that all season, they need a massive kick up the arse

But today in the context of playing these it looks so much worse. I'm talking basic football like passing it 10 yards, not trying to break down Burnley.

Ps we've been good in quite a few games.

But today in the context of playing these it looks so much worse. I'm talking basic football like passing it 10 yards, not trying to break down Burnley.

Ps we've been good in quite a few games.

good, yeah, we were smashing teams by 5 goals at the end of last season, when we turn up we are a great side

Back