• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

What a club, their directors and manager have to appeal to their fans to behave decently before, during and after the game on Wednesday.

And yet they proclaim these gas chamber noises we 'invent' are actually just boo's.

No matter what the result this weekend they'll always be small time. Their epitome of legends, Bobby Moore, tried to push through a move to Spurs repeatedly and despite being out of contract was not allowed to do so.

And then Defoe, Kanoute, Parker & others who I forget also decided it was better with us. Mean whilst they scrap the bottom of our barrel with an out of form Robbie Keane on loan, Bobby Zomora and Sergi Rebrov.

That said I expect this to be a very tough game. Their partners in idiocy Milwall are nowhere to be seen and they're left with us as their last ever cup final at Upton Park. They'll be well up for it and I fear this game more than the scum game.

If we do end up going behind at any point you just know we're gonna have "You're fudging brick" used against us after last time...

As they have no recognised right back, how do you see playing it in terms of line up, down our left and tactics?
do you think he will deliberately target this area?
any other known areas of weakness they have, other than being filth?

Article from Jenas. Nice take on the hatred they have towards us (and his thoughts on Lasagnegate).

Playing Tottenham seems to rile up West Ham like nothing else - something that when I first went to Spurs I didn't really understand.

I still don't in some ways. Tottenham's number one derby will always be Arsenal. If any derby intensified in the years that I was at Spurs, it was the one against Chelsea. But the players never viewed West Ham as one of the big derbies, and that's probably one of the things that infuriates West Ham fans.

I even remember having conversations trying to work out what the West Ham thing was all about. Granted, they were close geographically, but so were Charlton, for example. I didn't get the hatred they were trying to create, which I didn't feel ever materialised from Tottenham's end. The biggest derbies remained Arsenal, followed by Chelsea, and I don't think it's any different now.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/je...ottenham-derby-is-even-greater-121921202.html

As they have no recognised right back, how do you see playing it in terms of line up, down our left and tactics?
do you think he will deliberately target this area?
any other known areas of weakness they have, other than being filth?

I'd be tempted to go with Rose and Chadli on our left hand side of they have no recognised RB. Try to pull them about a bit and draw other players out of position to cover.

I'd be tempted to go with Rose and Chadli on our left hand side of they have no recognised RB. Try to pull them about a bit and draw other players out of position to cover.

would agree, but i suspect he'll rest Rose and play Davies, who seems to play slightly further back than Rose, imo. You may be right tho.

Without a doubt, that is why we should take it one game at a time and the next one is always the important one, win that and then focus on the next one and then so on.
Which is exactly what Poch and the players will be doing. It's the pundits who are getting ahead of themselves. Poch has shown he has steely eyed focus, it will come in handy.

Credit to Davies. He has a decent read of the game and gets forward when he can. He tends to do smart things upfield, too. But he plays responsibly when the game calls for it. I'd have Rose on the bench in case of a late need for a goal. Him coming on with fresh legs at a tiring makeshift backline could be hard to stop.

We'd take 4 points from the next two games. But we will be going all out for 6. And with our form, we wouldn't take 4 if offered it. Heady days where everything is possible.

Provided at least 4 of Lloris, Alderweireld, Dier, Eriksen and Kane (our spine) are fit no game is beyond us. I wonder how Dembele and Verts are getting on - they could be a huge boost rejoining and strengthening the squad.

Because of Payet Walker has to play. Trippier is great going forward but picks up dodgy defensive positions.
We also need Lamela on the right to track back and help Walker against him.
Alli wont be risked. Chadli maybe deserves a start but its hard pick him over Son.

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Wimmer Davies
Dier Mason
Lamela Eriksen Son
Kane

We'd take 4 points from the next two games. But we will be going all out for 6. And with our form, we wouldn't take 4 if offered it. Heady days where everything is possible.

Provided at least 4 of Lloris, Alderweireld, Dier, Eriksen and Kane (our spine) are fit no game is beyond us. I wonder how Dembele and Verts are getting on - they could be a huge boost rejoining and strengthening the squad.

I would definitely take 4 points from the next two games. They are difficult games

I would definitely take 4 points from the next two games. They are difficult games

Slightly contradictory from me. In short, we'll be going for a win in both games and you wouldn't bet against us winning each one. Yet we'd take 4 points. I hope we squeeze out 6 tho! We can...

Because of Payet Walker has to play. Trippier is great going forward but picks up dodgy defensive positions.
We also need Lamela on the right to track back and help Walker against him.
Alli wont be risked. Chadli maybe deserves a start but its hard pick him over Son.

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Wimmer Davies
Dier Mason
Lamela Eriksen Son
Kane

That's the team I'd pick. Think you're right about Walker.

Although Trippier has improved , I still worry about him against class acts.

I think we have to trust Trippier, he's earnt his way into being considered an equal to Walker having had ground to make up when he joined. It's that kind of trust that makes everyone fight for each other behind a common cause, when they all know they have a role to play. No superstars, but everyone good enough to contribute. And Trippier is a talent - what Poch has shown is reputations mean nothing when you can trust talented players and give them a structure to get the best out of them.

'Tomorrow night, tomorrow night'

sounds like one of my fave songs from South Park Movie.

anywhoo baggies have just given us another incentive...as if we need it! cant be arsed with talking too much regarding this game or the other orrible lot...

concerning both...

Lets just farkin smash em!

COYS!

That's the team I'd pick. Think you're right about Walker.

Although Trippier has improved , I still worry about him against class acts.
He's definitely getting better. But he is no way near as good as Walker defensively just yet. Going forward he has a lovely delivery on him and is very skilful

If anything, Leicester drawing a game they were expected to win, will soften the potential blow of us losing tomorrow. Which could happen, it's gonna be a really tough game for us. I'd be happy with a point.

Back