• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland, Saturday 7th December KO 17:30***

5th choice centre back.
3rd choice left back.

We've done fine. Now lets get an early goal in the second half.

With a cobbled together team it's no wonder we've looked disjointed. But we haven't approached the game with any spirit or gameplan. They don't look cohesive in possession or without the ball. Individuals rather than a team.

AVB get them psyched and working together second half.

To be fair we've looked like that most of the season. Such a shame Eriksen is out. Would have liked us to persist with Siggy Eriksen and Lennon on the right for a bit

I'd quite like to see Lennon Lamela and Townsend all on behind Defoe. Every time Lennon gets it he looks to turn and go forward and he used to play in the middle when he was younger.
Think their speed and willingness to get at defenders would certainly speed up our play and commit defenders. Plus they could all interchange between the three positions behind the striker.

Lloris doesn't need to come for that. no opposition player even challenging for the cross.

is it Tyler commentation? HTF did he think that was an OG? Mug.

It didn't look like Walker called. Lloris can't tell from his angle if he needs to come, Walker needs to shout there.

Holtby and Lennon looking good. Lennon has made a massive difference to our attacking play since coming back into the first team.

If Lloris hadn't made that **** up it would have nearly been a perfectly executed away first half game plan.

Well aware that we are slowing down the counter opportunities, and I expect Hoddle and Redknapp to have a lot of fun criticising it now too. But to me it's so obvious it's by design. These are elite footballers and they know how to move, but they clearly don't want to get sucked in to an end to end slugfest yet.

We will step it up second half and we will start countering with pace. I am confident of a win. I was fearing a draw before the game but we've imposed ourselves on Sunderland well. They haven't disrupted us and I think we will carry it through before full time - barring any more ridiculous individual errors.

We look disjointed, and very poor. The only thing that changed after the Sunderland goal was motivation: suddenly, we seemed to want to score as opposed to being frightened to score.

Good interplay for the set-piece goal. One instant way to guarantee goals is to get Chadli playing more as an inside forward on the left. We already have Lennon being a pure winger on the right: tell Chadli to come infield at the far post, where his height and power in the air could be used to great effect knocking down those deep crosses from the likes of Walker and Lennon for Defoe or an onrushing Paulinho/Holtby to score from. He stays too far wide, which is not something that suits him: he's not the fastest, and not the best at dribbling, which means the opposition right-backs are finding him easy to deal with on a weekly basis. Get him infield, let him look for headers at the near post more and offer an option in the box for Lennon and Walker to aim at when crossing.

Come on, Andre. Get this team playing like a bloody team. COYS!

At least our bench will give us options, particularly if we want to shore-up (Sandro) or kill them off (Andros).

Reckon Andros would thrive in this, although I want him on the left - looking at how flat the Sunderland back four look when we attack - it may actually suit him on the right.

Think we can (and will) win this. Sunderland do not look like a good team at all.

Reminds me of last year, I always said I'd rather concede first and then equalise then the other way around. Once the momentum swings it's tough to turn it again. We need to be the team in the ascendency and not let up

There's so so much wrong with our style of play today (well i'll just talk about today) it's unreal.

1) Lewis Holtby - The guy drops super deep to collect the ball, he does the same when the opposition are attacking too which is all well and good BUT when we eventually get the ball Defoe is isolated.

2) Lennon - where is he playing? i get he's on the right side but he definitely not playing as a winger. He's like a couple of yards behind play all the time.

3) Paulinho and Dembele partnership - It doesn't work imo. The do not compliment each other, you can't tell who's the attacking one and who is the sitter, they're slow in possession.

4) Chadli - good worker i guess but he's such a 'meh' player. I guess he provides height and commitment.

Back