• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *Tottenham Hotspur v Pacos De Ferreira*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope we take this serious.

Sadly once again we thought a team and bench full of second team players would get the job done. I understand the first eleven pick but our bench was shocking and we had no one to get us out of trouble. Reminds me of some of the decisions old " rent a quote" made in our early Europa matches. :(:(:(

That was fudging disgusting. I know we don't care about this competition and are somehow above it but Nuno that was just unacceptable.

Winks and Lo Celso were fudging shocking. Third tier of European football or not we and our players have no fudging right to think its beneath them.

Problem is, it’s not beneath them. They were playing against a team who are at least on a par with them.

I honestly dont know how we find takers for people like Sissoko, Aurier, Doherty, CCV, Winks, Ndombele. Utterly unsell-able
Add Davies to that too. Going to be tough with the wages they are on. I'd agree to CCV going on a free just to get rid, absolutely no point in him being there.
The others you could make an (bad) argument as squad players until we get one or two new players in.

Well, that was pretty poor. Trying to create some perspective here. So, what did we we learn from today's performance?

1. It all felt very Europa League of last year. Different manager, different players - about half of them anyway - but watching us felt exactly the same as Plovdiv away, Antwerp away, Zagreb away. I think we'll qualify next week, but it would be nice for a change to win a game like this one convincingly. Clearly we're not there yet, we're not even near.

2. It appears to be pretty difficult for our players, same as last season, to be sufficiently motivated for games likes this one. As a fan, I find that hard to stomach. Or does it just appear to be the case?

3. The squad is very thin. How we could do with a solid addition in every line, say, for argument's sake: Lewis Dunk, James Ward-Prowse, and Ollie Watkins. That is the kind of meat we require on our pretty bare bones. I'm not sure two more fancy foreign signings (the Japanese defender, the midfielder from Cagliari etc.) would help us as much.

4. Impossible to judge the new signings based on this game. The goalkeeper looks solid, but that's really just a hunch because he had very little to do. What strikes me is that a stellar international player like Lo Celso cannot place his mark on a game like this one. Not sure he is the answer to any of the questions we are facing anyway. The only player to come away with any credit for me was Sessegnon - the only one willing to take the game to Pacos in the second half.

5. And: focusing on the PL (as fans) means we tend to underestimate teams like Pacos (or: Antwerp; or: Zagreb etc). These are decent sides.

Gil looked promising first half. Thought Sessegnon was OK. Clarke looked to be trying when he came on, as did Patoski and Bennett. So a newbie, two returnees, and two kids.
Our senior players out there should be hanging their heads in shame. None of them did their own cause any favours, and they were hardly inspiration for our young players out there.

Is it really a bad thing if we go out of this tournament?

Not sure on prize money or what competition it gets us into next season If we win it, but less games and travel means better first team for the other cups and chase for the CL.

Yes it would be embarrassing for a few weeks but would be forgotten if it helped our league form. Can't remember the last time we weren't in Europe but wonder if it would help.

A one nil loss with resting all the first team is a great result. And it exposes the real ability or lack of it in our second 11.

No second eleven, we have an u23 team and under18. There is no reserve football. We have a group of players who may not be in the first team but they never play together enough to build a team. Putting names on a piece of paper doesnt make a team, after years of seeing this people still dont get it.

Predicable result. This is not how you instill confidence and introduce young players into the team! You put 2-3 of them in with the rest of the 1st XI, not throw them into a disjointed reserve team.

I agree, it should be common sense but we keep shooting ourselves in the foot, by making the same mistake.

Gil looked promising first half. Thought Sessegnon was OK. Clarke looked to be trying when he came on, as did Patoski and Bennett. So a newbie, two returnees, and two kids.
Our senior players out there should be hanging their heads in shame. None of them did their own cause any favours, and they were hardly inspiration for our young players out there.

My only hope is they player like brick because they have been told they have no future here.

I feel sorry for the youngsters, they were trying to play it quickly and our “experienced” players kept losing it.

Scarlett literally had no service and they were giving the ball to John in no mans land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back