• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v EVERTON ***

For me the game is won and lost in midfield. Everton's defence is known more for its offensive capacity than defensive capacity. The midfield battle will be tough . Koeman will likely play Gueye, Davies or Barry, and Schneiderlin. Spurs will start with Wanyama and Dembele. Gueye is a player I hoped Spurs would get because I rate as high as Kante when it comes to working hard in midfield. However I have hope that Spurs midfield can handle Gueye the same way they handled Kante. Both sides have dangerous strikers and I much prefer Toby be fit. I do not trust Dier vs. quality forwards.

I am going to say a draw is likely due to Rose still missing out. His loss has handicapped Spurs offensive drive. But then we all know what happens when the boys get down to business for real - Stoke and West Brom look out.

You're right about Gueye and Schneiderlin, impressive midfield for a team like Everton. Then a load of other fannies like Davies, and a big lump up top.

If Kane, Toby, and Jan are fit, the team picks itself, imo.

---------Lloris---------
---Dier--TBA--JV
Walks---------------Davies
---Wanyama--Dembele
Eriksen--Kane---Dele

However, if they all miss out it could get tricky. Maybe this?

---------Lloris----------
KW--Dier---Wimmer--Davies
---Wanyama---Dembele---
Sissoko---Dele---Eriksen
----------Son-----------

Hmm, thanks Denmark. So clearly Pock Tock will go to Barca if offered. He understands the business alright. Damn you DubaiSpur.

Hmm, thanks Denmark. So clearly Pock Tock will go to Barca if offered. He understands the business alright. Damn you DubaiSpur.

Where the fudge do you pull that from then?

He said he saw there was a list of 100 names, he understands the business (ie the media make brick up) and he is happy where he is..

Not once did he even hint that he'd leave if offered.

He'll never get the Barca job.

Just hope that zidane keeps winning because it's Madrid we should fear.

Even then I don't think he would be tempted by Madrid for at least a few years, as no doubt he wants to take us to the new stadium and will know that a bad 4-6 months at Madrid and he'll be sacked.

We should have signed Schneiderlin imo.

Getting him and sessegnon would have completed our squad whilst booting out sissoko, njie and sending N'koudou on loan.

Where the fudge do you pull that from then?

He said he saw there was a list of 100 names, he understands the business (ie the media make brick up) and he is happy where he is..

Not once did he even hint that he'd leave if offered.
In January he was asked about Barca but he said he had a bull on his arm, which I assumed was some espanyol reference?? Now he says "erm... ball" and winks and does very little to play it down

I would be shocked if Pochettino closed the door to Barca at this point.

As for the game I really hope Vertonghen and Alderweireld are ready, we need them for this one. Particularly with Rose still missing.

Most of the team picks itself.

We should have signed Schneiderlin imo.

Getting him and sessegnon would have completed our squad whilst booting out sissoko, njie and sending N'koudou on loan.
We have no need for Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Dembele, Winks and Dier all give us better options in his position. Sessegnon would not get game time ahead of Rose. So basically neither would "complete" our squad imho.

We have no need for Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Dembele, Winks and Dier all give us better options in his position. Sessegnon would not get game time ahead of Rose. So basically neither would "complete" our squad imho.

I agree, it's creatives and scorers we need most. Sessegnon would be a good acquisition though. Don't want another Dembele mi situation.

I agree, it's creatives and scorers we need most. Sessegnon would be a good acquisition though. Don't want another Dembele mi situation.
Sessegnon would be a good acquisition but he is still young and developing. Imo he would be better served developing at Fulham for at least 2 more seasons where he will in the next year or so become their first choice left back.

Schneiderlin is currently a better CM than Winks or Dier, imo - but these two both have age on their side so it would be counter productive to block their development.

Sessengon i think fits the Rose understudy role quite well, i would sign him now and develop him here rather than chance him attracting bigger offers by staying at Fulham and doin well there

We wouldnt be signing Sessegnon to be first choice - he'd get enough games, especially if Davies plays in cups/europe etc as our left sided CB in a back 3

Schneiderlin is currently a better CM than Winks or Dier, imo - but these two both have age on their side so it would be counter productive to block their development.

Sessengon i think fits the Rose understudy role quite well, i would sign him now and develop him here rather than chance him attracting bigger offers by staying at Fulham and doin well there
He won't get enough games to develop here whereas at Fulham in a couple of years he will be playing week in week out.

I expect Koeman to use the same tactics he did last season with Southampton, hitting long balls to the corners of the field, by-passing the midfield and pressing us in our own half of the field. An early goal is a must in this game as they will make it hard for us as they can (no different than any other home game). I'm not that impressed by Everton or Koeman and if Lakuku is controlled this is a game I think we can win providing we put in the effort and remain switched on.

He won't get enough games to develop here whereas at Fulham in a couple of years he will be playing week in week out.

We seem to value training ground development higher than loans these days so i dont see that as a problem and if he continues his development at Fulham and gains more exposure then we could potentially be out bid so it makes sense to get it done early if we are interested.

We are at our best by some distance with the 3 at the back system, it frees Walker and Rose and we see Eriksen and Dele performing at their optimum supporting Kane.

So we need to stop thinking of Dier as part of our 4 central midfield options or even an emergency alternative. He is part of the first choice back 3 and if Wanyama is injured or in need of a rest it should not mean Dier moving to midfield and a disruption to our amazing back 3 partnership or worse still a move away from the back 3 system altogether - keep in mind that with our best team we are irresistible in the back 3 system.

So we cannot make do with just Wanyama, Dembele and Winks as our central midfield options. As a second holding midfield option Schneiderlin would have been ideal.

Also keep in mind that we are a side most likely playing CL football and in order to compete in two top level competitions you need a deep squad so that you can rotate and still retain the same level of quality.

Quite clearly Schneiderlin would have been a perfect signing and completed the squad with regards the 4 central midfield options.

With regards Sessegnon we simply need an alternative left wing back to Rose that others something similar and Davies quite clearly doesn't do that. Davies should be a central defender option in the squad.

If you can recommend a better left wing back signing to Sessegnon then I am all ears.

Last edited:
Back