• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea FC *****

Who exactly has said Moutinho would be a pointless signing?

I'm not 100% convinced, and what I've seen of him I don't think he looks like a 25/30m player but I certainly haven't said he would have been a pointless signing, who else has?

If Dembele is injured I'd have Livermore in there before Hudd if he's fit. The game will pass huddlestone by and he will be run ragged, Ramires and Mikel don't stop working throughout the game. Jake's got an engine on him that will be able to deal with this. I would love Hudd to prove me wrong, I really would.

Lloris
Walker/Naughton - Gallas - Caulker - Vertonghen
Sandro - Livermore
Lennon Siggy Bale
Ade

Whichever Kyle is fittest and in best form in training. Rest of defense how it is. Livermore to hold, harry and pass the ball on, Sandro doing much the same but with more forward runs. Seems harsh to drop Dempsey but I think without Dembele we'll need some creativity from somewhere and I think we'll find it if we play Siggy in behind Ade, he's got a lot more to show us than what he has done. Defoe as a very useful option on the bench if needed, he's started pretty much all of our games for a while now, and with the England annoyance I think a rest could benefit him in the long run. Lennon and Bale standard. If Dembele is fit then Dempsey back in the line up.

It has been suggested that due to us now having Dembele we should be looking into other areas of the pitch as neither Dembele or Sandro would want to be removed from the first XI. And that they effectively perform the same role.

I'm not going to trawl through posts to find "evidence" as I can't be arsed, but the sentiment was there.

No Dembele? ffs ffs ffs.

Parker should be back now shouldn't he? i'd be tempted to throw him on from the start OR give sigurddson a deeper role and play dempsey amc.

No Dembele? ffs ffs ffs.

Parker should be back now shouldn't he? i'd be tempted to throw him on from the start OR give sigurddson a deeper role and play dempsey amc.

Throw on a player who has been out for two months and hasn't been back in training for long, if at all?

Would never work with parker, he's all or nothing, he'd be exhausted before half time.

It has been suggested that due to us now having Dembele we should be looking into other areas of the pitch as neither Dembele or Sandro would want to be removed from the first XI. And that they effectively perform the same role.

I'm not going to trawl through posts to find "evidence" as I can't be arsed, but the sentiment was there.

I'd have to disagree that it's been suggested, I haven't seen that opinion on this board. As I've said, I've got doubts about Moutinho, simply money wise but I do see that the area needs strengthening as Livermore Parker and Hudd there is not quality creative cover, there's cover for Sandro imo but not Dembele.

I'd have to disagree that it's been suggested, I haven't seen that opinion on this board. As I've said, I've got doubts about Moutinho, simply money wise but I do see that the area needs strengthening as Livermore Parker and Hudd there is not quality creative cover, there's cover for Sandro imo but not Dembele.

I can confirm - it was suggested by many a like. Bizarre comments to say the least.

I can confirm - it was suggested by many a like. Bizarre comments to say the least.

Really?!

My apologies Steed Train, don't want to seem like I'm hounding you out but often claims like that are made to back up a poster's opinion when the evidence really isn't there. As I've said, I'm still on the fence Moutinho wise but to be fully on the other side of it claiming the transfer would be pointless would be a fairly silly thing to say.

Why do you 'doubt'?

He seemed to be moving / playing ok in the 1st half of the game. Belgium weren't playing great though and not really creating chances, I think it was partly a reason to get Hazard on the pitch. Dembele probably said he's got a knock and Wilmots said ok rest it and was happy to get Hazard on.

ALL of the above is guess work though, apart from knowing that Dembele didn't seem in too much discomfort in the 1st half.

Not sure what you found funny as that seemed like a genuine question from spursalot.

Anyway to answer your question i'm probably not thinking too rational but i really don't want to see Livermore start.

True, the alternatives are not exactly great..

Guess i'll just stick to hoping Dembele isn't that that bad. :p

I can kind of see the opposing argument to Moutinho there, if in Sandro and Dembele we have one of the best performing premier league midfield partnerships, perhaps it wasn't so bad that we missed out on spending 25m and high wages on a player who plays in a similar position to those two.

I think we definitely need reinforcements as Hudd will always be managing an injury and Livermore and Parker are both very good players to have in the squad but just aren't creative enough to replace Dembele. But there isn't a need to spend that much on a player who may or may not be able to adapt to the premier league, it still seems like a massive gamble. If we do end up getting him in Jan I'll support him 100% but I do think there must be cheaper and just as effective options elsewhere...

But anyway.....fudging dreadful OMT.

Back