• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton - Sunday 6 October at 4.30 pm **

What can you say about this game other than this is purely down to weak mentality. Weak mentality from the players who looked like rabbits in headlights as soon as the momentum swung against them. And weak mentality from the manager who stood and watched practically crying as it was all falling apart. Tactical change should have been made at half time. Just see it out. This isn't the Scottish league. Yet at 2-0 up away to a decent team you've still got everyone bombing forward leaving big gaps at the back.

Unlike our last manager?
I actually can't remember which one it was!
Conte?!

The only time I've seen a manager looks like Ange did in that interview is when they know time is. When they've either lost the dressing room or run out of ideas.

I'm really concerned by it.

The top managers react to these results with determination and rushlessness.
The likes of Ferguson and Wenger would get some fire in the team.
Fergie would have loved Romero. But he wouldn't have tolerated him. He'd be in the "I love the things you do well son" camp, "but you have to buck your ideas up"

how many times have we thought we have turned a corner..and then this....
can you imagine a club like Liverpool behaving this way...NO because that club is mentality strong and the ethic runs through that club
from players to management.

You know what bugs me with football... Sometimes when we play well I look at some players on the opposition and think "Thank GHod we don't have him in our side, He looks shocking today" For example Joel Veltman! Then I see our players make stupid mistakes that always seem to get punished and think 'fudge me.....'

Bit harsh from Les Ferdinand to blame Bentancur for Brighton’s winner, surely Udogie + Maddison + Werner should’ve stopped Rutter getting to the byline between the 3 of them!

Everytime I see that it looks worse from Romero. Welbeck is in front of him, then walks behind Romero, walks off his back and has an easy header to score. Not once did he look to see where Welbeck was once he walked behind him, shocking standard of defending.
Udogie was weak in being beaten and Bentandur should've slid in and blocked it as well.

Bentancur should have slid that out, or cleared to row z. Trying to get his body inbetween to win a foul was stupid and tinkled me right off.
He got out muscled a few times before that in the 1st half where he should have just cleared it and walked it back into trouble and lost the ball

Everytime I see that it looks worse from Romero. Welbeck is in front of him, then walks behind Romero, walks off his back and has an easy header to score. Not once did he look to see where Welbeck was once he walked behind him, shocking standard of defending.
Udogie was weak in being beaten and Bentandur should've slid in and blocked it as well.
Feel like Rom just checks out regularly and when he does it costs us a goal

Porro played well in my opinion. Romero was next best. Van Der Ven was next. Udogie was bad! I don't know why Ange didn't take him off but he was baddddd!!
Porro was the worst of the back 4, he dont close down in defence leaving the wing 2-3meters all the time. He didnt know what to do in defence today

Why would that concern you, it's an emotional game and he's being asked about it right after the game - of course he's going to be down, pointless trying to make out things are all rosy after that. Think you're looking for something that's not there....
Ten Hag manages to come up with some Incredible alternative narratives after games

Not expecting to win anything or finish in the top 4 but as long as we make improvements that’s all you can ask.
We finished 5th last year, so not sure why 4th should be ruled out as a reasonable aim, especially given we’ve spent money over the summer.

Not having a go at you, but the ‘as long as we make improvements that’s all you can ask’ shows how we’ve been brainwashed as a fan base.

Porro was the worst of the back 4, he dont close down in defence leaving the wing 2-3meters all the time. He didnt know what to do in defence today
In fairness he was up against a top player. Ange should've tweaked things to give him more cover. Take BJ off, put Kulu to the right and bring Sarr on. it would've given a lot more cover over that side.

Back