• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton - Sunday 6 October at 4.30 pm **

I’m shocked but not shocked. What a first half. Absolutely dingdonged them. But once our backs were against the wall, we folded.

This is what we are. You merge our history with a manager who has admirably naive opinions on how the game should be played and it is an amplified version of what we’ve always been. Entertaining as fudge, breathtakingly brilliant but always liable to collapse and will never threaten a league title because we’ll never be consistent enough.

This is what we are and always will be under Ange. Could he win us a pot? Maybe, but I’ve always said I think his system will collapse under pressure and I think that’ll be true in a cup semi final or final if he gets us there.

Top 4 and entertainment is the best Ange will ever offer us. I’m okay with it, if you’re not, he isn’t the man for you IMO.
Collapse just like Pochs system did in finals and semi finals and Redknapps?

We seen the good, the bad and the lack of the ugly of Ange today. First half was brilliant, but if we're ever going to achieve anything under him he needs to allow the team do the ugly side of the game and stop the other team playing. It's just as important as the attacking side if you want to win things.
I do like the fact he doesn’t believe in brickhousing albeit I don’t know if you can win without it.

But you’ve got to do more to settle the game down when they get one back. You can manage a game without being a clam. Ange does neither. It’s admirable but it’ll be his downfall at this level I fear.

When are we ever going to learn to kill the momentum of the opposition? After they score the first, all we need to do is slow the game down, keep the ball, make fouls if we lose it. Just kill the tempo for 10 minutes!
We never ever learn!!!!
Takes a leader to make that call on the pitch
Second half was played at their pace

Exactly like that. In fairness to Poch, we were never favourites in any semi or final but you’d have expected him to win one of those big games given how many we were in.
It's not Ange you are describing. It's Spurs!
And when we do get to a final with a manager that plays a system and normally has a game plan that might not collapse under pressure we sack him five days before the thing !

I do like the fact he doesn’t believe in brickhousing albeit I don’t know if you can win without it.

But you’ve got to do more to settle the game down when they get one back. You can manage a game without being a clam. Ange does neither. It’s admirable but it’ll be his downfall at this level I fear.
I don't think it's admirable, to me it's naive. Most start becoming more pragmatic as they become older, guess it's not Ange though.
It doesn't even have to be about being a clam to manage the game. Slowing it down, changing shape to counter the opponents threat etc.
Ange is either incapable or not interested in doing any of that. As you said, it'll be his downfall. It's a pity though, because I think he could be a really top coach if he wasn't so idealistic all the time.

Just seen the Welbeck goal again. Romero was ball watching while Porro didn't anticipate the danger and allowed Welbeck to run into space in the centre of the goal for a free header. Of course the ball should never have come across. But no one comes away with any credit from that goal.

Romero, lost wellbeck in the first half for the one wellbeck should have scored, didn't learn.
Tinkle poor "tackle" on mitoma, no pressure on wellbeck for the winner, sorry but this guy is not as good as he thinks he is. And what the f u c K was that floated fk across the back line to vdv all about. Brighton are pressing and plays a ball like that!
Maddison, disappeared when the going got tough.
These are two of our leaders ffs.

With hindsight, might’ve been better if Wellbeck had slotted home Romero’s gift in the first half so that our team didn’t think the job was done at half time and then proceed to collapse in such embarrassing fashion. Maddison once again showing why the very top teams didn’t fight us for his signature.

IMG_4281.jpeg

That’s not the issue for me
It’s the lack of players who do the basics when the work has turned

Were we actually? Serious question.

That’s the one I actually did think we had a great chance in.

The one I can never forgive is Redknapps loss v a bankrupt Pompey. I had banked that one.
Yep
The one where we were a champions league side and they were rebuilding … again

Ange-
Unacceptable second half
Worst defeat since he's been here
Mentality issue

All correct.
However, I am very very worried by his demeanour in that interview. He looked really down, like he'd just been dumped.
Honestly, the tone in that interview is someone that doesn't believe. It certainly wasn't something you'd get behind and feel galvanized by.

That was concerning.

Back