• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Bayer 04 Leverkusen ***

I very much doubt this will be the team but:

------------------Lloris----------------------
----Walker--Dier--Vertonghen---Rose
-----Sissoko----Wanyama--Dembele-----
-----------------Lamela--
--------Janssen------------Son------

Dropping Alli, Eriksen to the bench for this ...

Think we will need to play a compact game as I can see them employing the extra man in midfield, just as they did in the second half at their ground.

Our front three to press their back line and score some goals!

I'm just a little concerned as to where our goals are going to come from tonight. We have been very poor at taking chances recently and, at times, haven't even looked like going close, let alone putting them away. I don't expect them to break through us that often, which is all good, but we need three points. Desperately need a win to get ourselves into a nice position.

I very much doubt this will be the team but:

------------------Lloris----------------------
----Walker--Dier--Vertonghen---Rose
-----Sissoko----Wanyama--Dembele-----
-----------------Lamela--
--------Janssen------------Son------

Dropping Alli, Eriksen to the bench for this ...

Think we will need to play a compact game as I can see them employing the extra man in midfield, just as they did in the second half at their ground.

Our front three to press their back line and score some goals!

Leaving out Eriksen, Alli and Winks?

AVB?

Leaving out Eriksen, Alli and Winks?

AVB?

Eriksen is now in for the injured Lamela....

I feel we can benefit by Alli coming on from the bench ....

It's Europe , ball retention is very important so yes I'd like to see Winks get some minutes .

I think it will be

Lloris
Walker Dier Vertonghen Davies
Dembele Wanyama
Sissoko Alli Eriksen
Son

Poch will end up resting someone for the nld. My guess is Rose after Walker has been rested in the CL a bit.

Sissoko is actually suited to playing in these tight games and not trying to break down the likes of West Brom. Similary N'koudou is better off against a team sitting back where as he struggled against Liverpool.

Son has played well wide left in the 4141 but now that it looks like we are back to 4231 with Dembele's return he really isn't as suited to being one of the 3 in behind.
Leverkusen's defence will be pushing up as usual and there should be loads of space in behind for Son to run into. Janssen completely failed to exploit their high line in Germany. Son could turn in another performance like he did against the high City defence.

I would play Wanyama and Dembele,
Then Alli, Eriksen and Son coming in off the left.
Jansen up, Alli and Eriksen to go beyond Jansen when possible.

No resting anyone, play to win one game at a time.

Any t-e-a-m n-e-w-s yet ?

A bit worried about this match. We badly need a win after being winless in 5 matches. But not sure where we are going to get the goals from with Kane still not fit and all the rest being poor in front of the goal lately. And with Lamela out injured, not sure who are going to create our chances as well. Remember both our goals in CL have been assisted by Lamela, so we are going to miss him badly if he is out injured. Let's hope the likes of Alli, Eriksen, Son and Dembele will lift their game and help us beat Leverkusen.

Eriksen is now in for the injured Lamela....

I feel we can benefit by Alli coming on from the bench ....

It's Europe , ball retention is very important so yes I'd like to see Winks get some minutes .

Ball retention means fuk all if you cannot do anything with it. Eriksen has done nothing recently to start this evening

Last edited:
Back