• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sept***

Re: *** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sep

The last time Spurs beat Aston Villa in a Domestic Cup game was in the FA Cup 5th Round on 13th February 1982.

Mark Falco scored the only goal of the game at White Hart Lane.

Re: *** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sep

League Cup is always our best chance to win a trophy. So, want us to take this competition seriously, as always. Too bad we didn't get a weak team from any lower divisions this time. That would have allowed to us to relax and enjoy the match more. Instead Aston Villa have a good tradition in League Cup and can see them taking this competition seriously as well. I think we can rest a few players and still field a strong team as we have a big squad now. Don't want us to include any inexperienced youngsters.

Hope Defoe is fit for this match as he loves scoring in Cup matches. After not starting any league matches so far, he must be fired up to score in all the Cup matches. Similiarly, Lamela mustl be fired up to prove his 30m price tag as well. Lamela has 2 assists so far despite not playing much but badly want to see him score for us. I think scoring his first goal will help Lamela settle in at Spurs. I won't mind if Soldado gets to play some part as he also needs to score more goals to settle in. Wish we can play Adebayor as he might want to prove a thing or two as well.

I think Sandro and Holtby will do well in midfield. Sandro has not played much since his injury and so might want to prove his worth again. Holtby did well to create our winning goal against Cardiff. Want to see him create more chances like that. Wish Chadli is fit as he will be very usefull. Otherwise, I think Townsend might want to show what he can do against another PL team. I think Townsend really needs more games to improve his finishing.

Don't mind if Friedel start in goal. I think Lloris might need some rest after playing almost all the matches so far. Want to see our new defender Chiriches with Kaboul in defence. I think Dawson and Vertonghen might need some rest as well. Don't know anything about Chiriches but hope he will do well. We really need to avoid any unforced errors in an important Cup matches like this. Want to see us to get another clean sheet.

It was really disappointing the way we made the exit from League Cup last season. We played a strong team which included Bale but still lost to Norwich despite leading until 5 minutes from time. Vertonghen's own goal and the missed penalty by Dempsey was hard to accept. Hope we do much better than that and go all the way to win the Cup this time.

Soldado and Defoe arent line leaders either but AVB has faith in them

Soldado definitely is. It's what he's done for his whole career. Agree about Defoe, but I don't think he'll be here come January when we get a proper back-up for Soldado.

If Ade dont play this game I dont get it...

I know about the death, but he say his ready to go.
So if we dont play him now, why would he still be at spurs?

If AVB dont want to use him, I expect that tottenham told him this summer that if he want to play football he has to change club.

The team is hard... I want us to play all games 4-2-3-1 but if Capoue is not playing Sandro has to play again... and I think maybe he has to rest before this weekend, same with Paulinho..

Lamela and Holtby should start. and Vlad should get his first game here. Im not shoure if AVB want to use Fryers, when he played Noughton on left.
Dembele has to play this game, but I would like to rest him...

I have to go with a 4-4-2 and with Benteke out it shoul be ok.

Team:

------------------Friedel--------------
Noughton---Kaboul---Vlad---Fryers
Lamela---Dembele---Holtby--Siggy
-------------Kane---Ade

Is it on TV anywhere?

Stream sites do show listings for the game so should be a river or two, failing that game is live on 5 live sports extra (in the uk at least!)

Bit frustrating that injuries put us in a bit of a bind here.

Very much doubt AVB will put out a truly weak side (regardless of what he says in interviews).

Vlad, Kaboul, Holtby, Sandro and either Siggy/Lamela (both won't start on Saturday) should start, Kane +hopefully JD

Might be interesting to see a more 4-4-2 type line up.

What about Villa, any mention if they have any injuries, putting out best side etc?

What about Villa, any mention if they have any injuries, putting out best side etc?

A lot of players are doubtful for them I think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24122241

Villa have no such luxury. Paul Lambert could be missing up to 10 players, with Saturday's league win at Norwich coming at the cost of injuries to key men Christian Benteke and Gabby Agbonlahor.

Libor Kozak proved an able deputy for Benteke with the winner at Carrow Road and he seems to have a liking for cup competition, having finished as the Europa League top scorer last season with 10 goals in 11 games for Lazio. Villa will need him to continue in that vein if they are to earn an all-too rare home win against top-flight opposition.

If Benteke is out, as seems likely, that would be a massive boost for us.

Probably been mentioned already but Aston Villa face Emirates Marketing Project on Saturday. Presumably if Benteke isn't close to full fitness they'd save him for the City game?

Our U21s or Spurs XI are playing Brighton & Hove Albion in a behind closed doors friendly this afternoon.

No team news as yet (as it could well effect the Villa game tonight) but Bentaleb has scored one of Tottenham's goals, so I doubt he'll be involved tonight.

For those wondering if it is going to be on TV. I'm in Portugal at the moment and its listed on Sport TV3 for tonight. So rivers will be around. I'll be watching in a pub in the sun :)

So nobody who played in Cardiff will be involved? Struggling to think of what our team could be then? I am assuming those that started won't play

-----------------Friedel-------------------

Fredericks-----Kaboul----Chiriches----Fryers

-----------Sandro-----------------------

Lamela----------Holtby------------McEvoy

------------Kane-------Defoe/Ade/Lancaster---

Good news is we won't see Benteke or Agbonlahor. Delph and Weimann really the only threats I can think of

So nobody who played in Cardiff will be involved? Struggling to think of what our team could be then? I am assuming those that started won't play

-----------------Friedel-------------------

Fredericks-----Kaboul----Chiriches----Fryers

-----------Sandro-----------------------

Lamela----------Holtby------------McEvoy

------------Kane-------Defoe/Ade/Lancaster---

Good news is we won't see Benteke or Agbonlahor. Delph and Weimann really the only threats I can think of

Kozak or Helenius (or both) to start? The first rather bizarrely was the EL top scorer last season for Lazio without scoring a single Serie A goal for them. Helenius is a young, reportedly highly rated, Danish striker.

has anybody actually said that?

Kozak or Helenius (or both) to start? The first rather bizarrely was the EL top scorer last season for Lazio without scoring a single Serie A goal for them. Helenius is a young, reportedly highly rated, Danish striker.

Yep I bet we will see both of them, its early days but neither of them look like setting the league alight

has anybody actually said that?

Straight quotes from AVB

"It (the Capital One Cup) is not our absolute number-one priority but I don't think we have been given a fair chance to play in this competition this year.

"It could be possible for the players who played against Cardiff to play this game, but I am not sure I want to risk the players who played getting a hamstring injury which could take them six weeks to recover from when the Premier League is more important.

"This team has not experienced having to play again after just two days and we have not been given the same chance as the other teams. So we will have to rotate our squad as the players who played in Cardiff will not be involved.

Straight quotes from AVB

"It (the Capital One Cup) is not our absolute number-one priority but I don't think we have been given a fair chance to play in this competition this year.

"It could be possible for the players who played against Cardiff to play this game, but I am not sure I want to risk the players who played getting a hamstring injury which could take them six weeks to recover from when the Premier League is more important.

"This team has not experienced having to play again after just two days and we have not been given the same chance as the other teams. So we will have to rotate our squad as the players who played in Cardiff will not be involved.

thanks for that....interesting

Prediction:

Villa 0
Spurs 0

Villa win 4-3 on penalties.

I know it's quite optimistic to predict us to score 3 penalties in a shoot-out but I'm feeling positive.

Back