• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Palace***

Not sure if this correct. But just read that 23pts from 11 games is our best start to a PL season at this stage. All this playing at Wembley.
I know we were unbeaten in our 1st 11 matches last season, but only picked up 21pts

Anyone confirm this is a correct statement?

Hmmm, whilst I read this on twitter...

It looks like our previous Premier League best after 11 games was under Redknapp in 2011/12.

25 points W8 D1 L2 GF15 GA8

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?co=1&se=20&mw=1-12&ha=-1

Was just going to post the same. Everyone thinks we've made a mixed start. Probably true but highlighted more because of City's incredible start

Exactly this. We're joint second* with Manchester United. That is a good start, given that many thought United would win the league this season.

Emirates Marketing Project are setting records all over, they are having an extraordinary start to the season. It's hard to see how they will slip up as the season continues but surely they will at some stage...

*third really, but it's too early to be concerned about goal difference so not sure it should be used to separate teams positions at least for now.

I know, but as per the two previous seasons, one team has had an even better start to the season than us. We've had our best ever start to a Prem season and yet are still 8 points behind.

Chelsea didn’t have a great start last season IIRC. They got their results after about week 5 and then had that amazing run

Happy with the win but this was another poor display at Wembley. Our matches against Palace have always been very tight and so it was proven yet again. Atleast we managed to win. It would have been really embarassing if we had failed to beat the bottom team of PL a few days after beating the European Champions Real Madrid.

Well done to Son for scoring our only goal. He took his goal really well. But apart from the goal, Son was very poor, wasting 2 other goal scoring chances. The frustrating thing about Son is he can score long range goals like this but he rarely use the skill, always trying to walk the ball into the net and losing the ball in the process. Kane had a quiet match and didn't look like scoring. Llorente didn't have any impact after coming on yet again. Not sure how Llorente scored 15 goals for Swansea last season as he doesn't look like scoring for us. In fact, he has looked much worse than Janssen.

Our midfield were poor in this match. The likes of Winks, Sissoko and Dembele were unable to lift their game. Eriksen had another poor match. After scoring against Real Madrid, really thought Eriksen would score in this match. It was clear we have missed Wanyama and Lamela in midfield. Without them we have very limited options in midfield now.

Credit to the defence for keeping the clean sheet, especially our third choice goalkeeper Gazzaniga. He almost gave away a penalty early on but improved after that, making a few crucial saves. He looked very composed for a goalie making his debut. He was also very fortunate when he came out to clear the ball but failed to do so but fortunately Zaha failed to score the open goal. Others like Dier and Sanchez also helped to keep our defence compact. But Aurier made too many mistakes which would have been punished by other teams.

This is turning out to be a strange season for us, especially for our matches at Wembley. We have been brilliant against the big teams like Liverpool, Borussia and Real but poor against all the poor teams like Burnley, Swansea and Palace. We really need to improve our performances against the poor teams if we want to stay in the title race.

I do hope we figure out the formula for Wembley soon. Most teams will bus-park against us and we won't be able to keep scraping by 1-0. Have no idea what the answer is but we do need to get better at breaking teams down - the extra space should help us but it isn't right now.

I do hope we figure out the formula for Wembley soon. Most teams will bus-park against us and we won't be able to keep scraping by 1-0. Have no idea what the answer is but we do need to get better at breaking teams down - the extra space should help us but it isn't right now.

We need to move the ball quicker, go past people and stop wasting chances. Most of our goals come from first time passing.

I can understand how people are concerned with some of the performances at "home" but feel midweek games, international breaks and continual changes make it difficult to get the team work fine tuned. In most games we are in control and it's the lack of an early goal that makes the pressure build, we've not panicked and lumped it into the box and need to be more clinical near goal. The team on Sunday was missing 6 of what I would consider our starting 11 and there aren't many teams who could cope with that and still be in the top 4.

We need to move the ball quicker, go past people and stop wasting chances. Most of our goals come from first time passing.

Haven't got the players...........like a Marne, Sarne and Salah.

These are the players that cost the big bucks....

We got Lamela...but hes not that pacy, we have tried many a cheap GKN:oops:
So its wing backs for us...

Liverpool with Mane still had one of their main problems with the bus parking teams.

Pace and dribbling can obviously make the difference, but for me passing tempo and movement is what's vital.

and done with only spending £500m since joining Emirates Marketing Project, gennius
He's spent a comparable amount to the other big money clubs, and to City in the past. Adjusted for football inflation.

With that money he's done what the vast majority of managers have failed to do. Push an English club close to Europe's true elite.

If that's not genius it's certainly close.

Going past people is not all about pace, it's timing, breaking past the midfield line opens the back line, Dembele often brushes past players, Deli and Son can do it we just don't do it enough. I personally don't think Mane is as good as he's being hyped bit quicker than Vardy but with the same vision.

He's spent a comparable amount to the other big money clubs, and to City in the past. Adjusted for football inflation.

With that money he's done what the vast majority of managers have failed to do. Push an English club close to Europe's true elite.

If that's not genius it's certainly close.
So what does that make a manager whose team cost loose change by comparison, have just annihilated the best team in the world and sit atop the Group of Death in the CL as well as joint second in the PL? :cool:

I think that we will be fine when we step up a gear around Christmas. Our passing will be more fluid and we will create more space to attack. Many of our performances were the same early last season, so I do not think it has anything to do with Wembley.

Going past people is not all about pace, it's timing, breaking past the midfield line opens the back line, Dembele often brushes past players, Deli and Son can do it we just don't do it enough. I personally don't think Mane is as good as he's being hyped bit quicker than Vardy but with the same vision.
26 apps 13 goals in league last year, 6 apps 3 goals in league this year and gets assists too. He'd be brilliant for us, we dont have an ambundance of pace and think he's a slightly more polished version of Son.....

So what does that make a manager whose team cost loose change by comparison, have just annihilated the best team in the world and sit atop the Group of Death in the CL as well as joint second in the PL? :cool:
I love Pochettino, and he's been fantastic for us. But I'm not sure he would have been able to do what Pep is doing at City.

Yeah a bit different with Winks because he needs to earn a place in the WC squad and these two games will help him do that, whereas Kane is already established
I don't think he'll earn his place by playing in pointless friendlies, but rather by being outstanding for Spurs in the remaining league and CL games. So would rather he doesn't get even a second for England during the break.

Back