• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur ****

Didn’t watch, kudos to those who suffered it. We’ve dropped points in three of our hardest 5 away games of the season and none more, the season will level out. Arsenal can’t win anything this season anyway, they lost from the start, harbouring a rapist is new lows for them. Finished club…. At least we have some games off from Royale Now. Glad to see Conte’s hand forced.

I sadly painted the general picture pre-match.

"...one thing the Marseille game showed (which was highly frustrating) is that we actually had a good 4 or 5 chances for quick, fast turnovers, but were let down by a lack of sharpness in technical execution. It was very frustrating. We cannot afford a similar lack of technical execution on Saturday, but if we are on it and sharp, believe me, Arsenal will leave plenty of fast turnover opportunities."

This happened. And we repeated the 'lack of technical execution' of Marseille (we were a but better, but even the pen can from a s hit pass to RIchy which he turned into a pen)...

I sadly painted the general picture pre-match.

"...one thing the Marseille game showed (which was highly frustrating) is that we actually had a good 4 or 5 chances for quick, fast turnovers, but were let down by a lack of sharpness in technical execution. It was very frustrating. We cannot afford a similar lack of technical execution on Saturday, but if we are on it and sharp, believe me, Arsenal will leave plenty of fast turnover opportunities."

This happened. And we repeated the 'lack of technical execution' of Marseille (we were a but better, but even the pen can from a s hit pass to RIchy which he turned into a pen)...
Exactly. Add to that a few mistakes, defending too deeply for most of the first half and Royal with too much hyperbaric oxygen rushing around his bonce, and voila. Another Emirates loss.

Even if we disregard the second half, I don't like the way Conte has us playing sitting back when we don't have world class defenders and DMs

jdnnbmtzf9r91.jpg

I feel sorry for the fans that go there year after year and have to sit through that rubbish. It’s the same nonsense every season. We don’t even make it difficult for them. They stroll to 2 goal win more often than not against us. Doesn’t seem to make any difference who the manager is or who the players are.

I feel sorry for the fans that go there year after year and have to sit through that rubbish. It’s the same nonsense every season. We don’t even make it difficult for them. They stroll to 2 goal win more often than not against us. Doesn’t seem to make any difference who the manager is or who the players are.

Since they moved to The Emirates the records in the NLD are pretty similar, we have had 1 win and 5 draws at theirs, they have had 2 wins snd 5 draws at ours over the same period.

I believe we've won once in 30 attempts at that stadium.
I'm sick and tired of going there with belief and watching us capitulate.

So yesterday, for the first time ever, I went and did something more useful with my time i.e. watched my son play football (in an 8-4 win).

When I got in the car, I turned on the radio and the NLD was not a featured commentary. Not on 5L. Not on 5LX. Not on BBC London.

Strange. 30 seconds later 5L said "and we interrupt to bring you news of a goal for Arse" so I turned the radio off.

When I got home, I turned on the TV and the second half had just started, then Royal did THAT and then it was 3-1 and then I turned it off again.

So I suffered through about 5 minutes of match and my worst fears were affirmed. Bloody useless bottlers, making rapists look like Pele.

I think Conte's tactics ultimately depends on the left and right centre back to get forward. I don't agree with it, I think it's better to have that extra man in midfield by default , but there we are. I've always hated the idea of three center backs
I would sacrifice one of the three (probably Dier) in the team and play with an out and out defensive midfield playmaker. We’d still have defensive solidity but hopefully have more ball playing ability on the pitch. To do this really successfully though I think we would need a physical, fast, powerful Left sided CB who is commanding in the air. Somebody like Ndicka from Frankfurt would fit the bill.

Keep saying it, these games are there if we want them.
Both today and Chelsea we let teams we want to compete against dominate us.
We have players with big talent, big mouths and little hearts.
We let pretty much all teams dominate us. That’s how a counter attacking game plan works. Suck them in and then hit them on the break when they have overcommitted (as Arsenal did on more than 10 occasions yesterday)

We let pretty much all teams dominate us. That’s how a counter attacking game plan works. Suck them in and then hit them on the break when they have overcommitted (as Arsenal did on more than 10 occasions yesterday)
Agreed
You need to pass better than we did but it’s a very viable way of winning games

Back