• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

The more I watch us play with Kane up front the more I think may be we should consider another option instead of relying on the Adebayor deal go through. No way should we consider starting next season with Kane as one of three strikers

For 10 minutes we had Bale on the left and were the better team
For 20 minutes we had Bale on the right and were the worse team
For 15 minutes we had Bale on the left and were the better team

It ain't fu cking rocket science is it?

Did anyone see the adverts round the pitch - what was that about?
Our logo is everywhere Saudi Sportswashing Machine Our logo is everywhere No gonads Our logo is everywhere Saudi Sportswashing Machine Our logo is everywhere No gonads Our logo is everywhere Saudi Sportswashing Machine Our logo is everywhere No gonads Our logo is everywhere Saudi Sportswashing Machine Our logo is everywhere No gonads Our logo is everywhere Saudi Sportswashing Machine Our logo is everywhere No gonads Our logo is everywhere Saudi Sportswashing Machine Our logo is everywhere No gonads

A severe case of what we in Norway call holiday football this. I have rarely seen 22 less inspired players on a football pitch. I know it is warm, but surely they could put in a bit more effort. Do they even get anything out of the game when playing like this.

Maybe Liverpool have looked slightly better than us? At least they seem to have some kind of plan when in possession. I can't see one in our play. On the other hand, we have looked more likely to score.
I hope to see Huddlestone on at half time. We need someone in the middle of the park who wants the ball, and mroe importantly, who wants to do something with it when he gets it.

Playing You'll Never Walk Alone in the crowd. It's like a home game for Liverpool!

Half-time thoughts:

Kane - Is physically imposing but will never be good enough to play at this level
Jenas - what does he do?
Gyulfi - Looks impressive so far

wow. that was a seriously high defensive line then. it seemed to work, totally squeezed the space and led to a speculative chip over the top. Seems like a very high risk strategy though.

What are the pro's of holding a high line? i guess you try to pitch the game further up the pitch? squeeze the opposition when they are in posession?

we will get ripped apart by half decent teams if we continue this high line sh!t

wow. that was a seriously high defensive line then. it seemed to work, totally squeezed the space and led to a speculative chip over the top. Seems like a very high risk strategy though.

What are the pro's of holding a high line? i guess you try to pitch the game further up the pitch? squeeze the opposition when they are in posession?

Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham - the perfect example of a team getting it right. Admittedly we also shot ourselves in the foot in that game by playing poor tactics, but they were all over us and the only times we managed to create chances, when we scored, was when we played long balls behind the defence.

Playing You'll Never Walk Alone in the crowd. It's like a home game for Liverpool!

Half-time thoughts:

Kane - Is physically imposing but will never be good enough to play at this level
Jenas - what does he do?
Gyulfi - Looks impressive so far

I really think people need to be a little more patient with Kane. He's still only 18, played well for Millwall last year and has shown enough glimpses of ability to say theres a good player in the making. I actually thought he did fairly well this half, decent effort on goal, has held the ball up a few times, brought others into the game and has shown a decent work rate off the ball. That being said i'd rather he wasn't number 1 or 2 choice for us next season.

The players will need time to start defending as a unit and we need a leader at CB to make sure it's a straight line.

all it takes is the opposition perfecting run from deep to beat the offside trap....good teams will do it time after time

Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham - the perfect example of a team getting it right. Admittedly we also shot ourselves in the foot in that game by playing poor tactics, but they were all over us and the only times we managed to create chances, when we scored, was when we played long balls behind the defence.

Arse are brilliant passers of the ball.....

we need to learn the art of keeping the ball well when under pressure

Back