• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Wenger learned from last summer and bought early this time and had his team ready for the start of the season.
We'll never learn.

AFC were brick for their 1st 2 games, looked toss for 40 mins here, they are hardly playing like champions

Gerard is toss, a bit dirty, and as I said, pepe is brick, has really lost it.

Shame I like cazorla. We have dembele ;-)

Good to see that our mispelling of player's names isn't reserved purely for our own players.

His polish descent means 'podolski', 'podolsky' and 'podolskiy' are all likely acceptable names and deviations.

Arsenal havent conceded in their first three games. First time since 1924.

Good to see that our mispelling of player's names isn't reserved purely for our own players.

Ahh yes sorry: Podolski. One reason I have not mentioned Mertesacker in this thread (because I was lazy and did not wanted to double check it!). But thanks for that love to be perfect like you ;) By the way it is 'misspelling'.

Last edited:

His polish descent means 'podolski', 'podolsky' and 'podolskiy' are all likely acceptable names and deviations.

If that's true then that's a lesson to me. I only went off the most commonly used spelling that I've seen.

Phil McNulty BBC Sport chief football writer at Anfield
"Arsenal fans going through the full range of taunts directed at Liverpool: 'You're The Spurs Of Merseyside.'"

Except Everton are more the Spurs of Merseyside. Stupid tacos.

Almost obvious that Arsenal would win today, why? Brendan Rogers is having the same difficulty with Liverpool that AVB appears to be having with us. He has them capable of playing good football and achieving results but most of the time the side fails to deliver anything meaningful and this leads to questions being raised about his long term suitability to the club.

Phil McNulty BBC Sport chief football writer at Anfield
"Arsenal fans going through the full range of taunts directed at Liverpool: 'You're The Spurs Of Merseyside.'"

Except Everton are more the Spurs of Merseyside. Stupid tacos.

Arsenal are the West Ham of Woolwich, then.

But in all seriousness, Arsenal today showed exactly why implementing a tactical system will reap dividends in the long run. Arsenal's current style of play has been in effect since they moved into the Emirates, with minor changes. And, despite countless changes of personnel, bad starts, injuries and simple bad luck, they've still finished in the top four for every season since that move. Because they have an ingrained style of play, a fluid system, that allows them to cope with wholesale personnel changes and still remain effective.

Relying on individual brilliance, like Harry did, will always be a temporary solution. But an implemented system, under a manager willing to stick around long enough to see it through; that will last for as long as the club decides it wants it to. See Moyes, see Wenger....hell, see Pep.

But so far haven't let in a goal or been beaten.

People constantly try to find excuses to make them feel better - let them - they did it last year with Arse and 'RVP will get injured - one man team blah blah fudging blah'. They think about the negatives but ultimately how can we talk when theyre ahead of us and just beaten Liverscum at Anfield whilst we struggled in our three games.

I think after today Villa are going to be rock bottom. Their line up looks terrible.

But in all seriousness, Arsenal today showed exactly why implementing a tactical system will reap dividends in the long run. Arsenal's current style of play has been in effect since they moved into the Emirates, with minor changes. And, despite countless changes of personnel, bad starts, injuries and simple bad luck, they've still finished in the top four for every season since that move. Because they have an ingrained style of play, a fluid system, that allows them to cope with wholesale personnel changes and still remain effective.

Relying on individual brilliance, like Harry did, will always be a temporary solution. But an implemented system, under a manager willing to stick around long enough to see it through; that will last for as long as the club decides it wants it to. See Moyes, see Wenger....hell, see Pep.

It is also because Wenger knows exactly what kinds of players will deliver in the system he plays. Cazorla, Arteta, Ramsey, Diaby ( -Wenger doesn't think attacking or defensive midfielder - he wants his midfielders to be able to do both.

AVB looks like he has a system of play but doesn't have the key players to make it work. Unless Dembele is going to be the playmaker.

Back