• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

That Macclesfield lad who won the pen was a bit of a porker.

That Brighton player rolling around. ****.

Pardew: "We didn't have enough quality players out there today"..."but the players that played tried their best.."

Hmmmm....not sure that's the right thing to actually say - even if true

What he's saying is he deliberately picked a brick team.

What he's saying is he deliberately picked a brick team.

Yeah, but I fear it may well backfire; those 'brick' players at least tried their best from what I saw, and he'll need them to put in that effort if they are to start winning games whilst their more talented players our out injured

Would still be nice if they could muster the occasional screw up.

There is a great quote from Shteve McLaren that sums them up:

"Man United never lose. They just run out of time"

It's absolutely spot on, they never ever consider a game lost.

A slight advantage I would say, dont think they will play their strongest X1 so not all the players that start at WHL on the Sunday will have played v WHU.
I think we need Gallas to give RVP another dig early doors like he did at Old Trafford, that worked a treat that night. Keeping him quiet is key to getting a result

I think it works for us either way. If ManU lose, then we're handed an easier field to progress through in the FA Cup.

But, United are at home and won't want to disappoint their fans by fielding a weakened side and losing in an upset. They'll put a very decent side out there. Remember, the Sunday before this game, they host Liverpool. That's their top 11 and subs out there. So they'll be tapping into their depth in two, hopefully, intense games.

We now get QPR early Saturday, giving us more recovery time.

If ManU look at the big picture, the FA cup home tie is a more must-win game than Saturday at WHL. The FA Cup is do or die now. They have a cushion to work with in the league. A draw for them might be acceptable if a tier-two eleven were fielded on the heels of a FA Cup replay win that featured more of the starting 11.

oh it would be hilaaaaaarious if Swansea win tomorrow but I think theyll have Wembley in mind and go for it on Wednesday.

don't want an easy passage to the FA Cup or CL for that matter - just want us to play whoever we have to play, so that both AVB and Levy can get an assessment of the gaps/weaknesses we need to address.

I think it works for us either way. If ManU lose, then we're handed an easier field to progress through in the FA Cup.

But, United are at home and won't want to disappoint their fans by fielding a weakened side and losing in an upset. They'll put a very decent side out there. Remember, the Sunday before this game, they host Liverpool. That's their top 11 and subs out there. So they'll be tapping into their depth in two, hopefully, intense games.

We now get QPR early Saturday, giving us more recovery time.

If ManU look at the big picture, the FA cup home tie is a more must-win game than Saturday at WHL. The FA Cup is do or die now. They have a cushion to work with in the league. A draw for them might be acceptable if a tier-two eleven were fielded on the heels of a FA Cup replay win that featured more of the starting 11.

This season especially, I would say the opposite. Fergie was naturally peeved at losing the title to City last season and I would think he will rate regaining the title higher than the winning the FA Cup. Wouldnt surprise me if he picks a similar X1 to yesterday for the replay, and goes best available X1 for Liverpool/Spurs games

The Swansea - Arsenal game could be good fun. Always good to see the scum lose, a draw means another game for them and I don't think they need it. Even a win for them and it's just the third round and whatever, they'll probably fail later on :)

That Brighton player rolling around. ****.

That was pretty sickening. Was it even a foul?

Edit: I thought Brighton passed the ball around well but if that's what Poyet is telling his guys to do and adding that to a couple of very dodgy quotes he has made..he is not exactly endearing himself to me.

Last edited:

Swansea XI v Arsenal: Vorm, Tiendalli, Chico, Bartley, Davies, Britton, De Guzman, Ki, Routledge, Dyer, Graham

Arsenal starting XI v Swansea: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wheelchair, Ramsey, Walcott, Cazorla, Giroud.

Jeez could the pundits on ESPN go more overboard about how good Walcott is, jesus wept

Brilliant Keown, he wont leave there is no one better he could sign for hahahahahaha

Jeez could the pundits on ESPN go more overboard about how good Walcott is, jesus wept

Brilliant Keown, he wont leave there is no one better he could sign for hahahahahaha

Hope the **** gets hit in the back of the head by a wayward shot again.

30 seconds in Stand Up if You Hate Tottenham

hahahaha oh dear

Back