• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Great performance by Dortmund again today. Great side to watch too. Klopp keeps looking like a genius. Hope they go through along with Real from that group, want to see more of them in the CL as well as wanting to see City fail.

I echo this. They are a joy to watch.

Also Sven Bender is a class name.

Mancini is Italian. I don't think he will drive himself mad about tonight's result and I think City will win the EPL this season (if we don't!)

How come it's not as easy as you lot made it look. :(

Cause Mancini is a distinctly average manager who has won a couple of league titles, but only when managing what has been clearly the best squad in those leagues and with some real superstars helping him out as well?

Borussia Dortmund moved ahead of Real Madrid at the top of group D with a 2-1 victory that extended the Spanish club's dismal away record against German teams to one win in 24 visits.

One in 24. Now that is an amazing stat. Wigan have a better record at Old Trafford*.

*Made up stat alert, although probably true

Wenger at the Arsenal AGM said City offered RVP £300k a week to go to them!

Valencia sources have told Sky Sports they have been offered Chelsea captain John Terry by an agent.

However, the Spanish side insist they have not made any decisions on their future transfers at this stage.

A Spanish intermediary has claimed that he is in talks with Valencia over a possible move for Terry.
Club sources told Sky Sports: "We are working the market and we have received many names, Terry is on the list we have received via an agent, but nothing is decided."

Valencia sporting director Braulio Vazquez would not talk about specific names, but insisted any signing would have to be approved by coach Mauricio Pellegrino.

"The opinion of the coach is key for any reinforcements," he said.

Reports claim that Terry could be heading to La Mestalla as early as January.

FIFA agent Francois Gallardo claims he is helping with the deal and told Radio Intereconomia: "Valencia are negotiating, and I am involved in person, with the signing in the winter transfer market.

"The offer is on his table. The player is out of contract in June and will not renew there for several reasons at Chelsea and he wants to come to Spain.

"Terry has problems. They are insulting him and he is not taking it any more. He asked to leave, not us.

"It's real. This has been going on for 15 days and two meetings have already took place. The deal is already on his table - a year and a half plus one.

"I think he will accept."

Not always next year anymore, its now in 2 years we will be the best...

Arsenal will be able to compete with the world's biggest clubs "within the next two years," chief executive Ivan Gazidis has told shareholders at the club's annual general meeting.

Arsene Wenger's side have come under renewed scrutiny following defeat at Norwich that leaves them 10 points off the pace in the Premier League and a home loss against Schalke in the Champions League.

The summer sale of star man Robin van Persie exacerbated the frustrations of fans who have not seen their side win any silverware since the 2005 FA Cup but Gazidis believes the club's prudence will pay off when UEFA's Financial Fair Play regulations become more rigorously enforced.

"In the next two years, we will have the financial resources to sit and compete among the leading clubs in the world, which is an extraordinary achievement," Gazidis said.

"In the next two years, we will have the financial resources to sit and compete among the leading clubs in the world, which is an extraordinary achievement."
Ivan Gazidis Quotes of the week

"Financial success is relevant because it supports our football vision... the money we make is made available to our manager and he decides how to invest those funds.

"Arsene has done a magnificent job against the spending of our major competitors."

Flanked by chairman Peter Hill-Wood and majority shareholder Stan Kroenke,

Gazidis added: "Our ambition is shared by everybody at this table, the whole board and by everyone in this room.

"It is all about football, to compete at the top of the game here and in Europe to win trophies and do it in a way which makes fans proud and reflects our values, and also protects Arsenal for the long term."

Gazidis was repeatedly forced to call for order as shareholders continued to question the club's financial policies, with one accusing the board of putting balance sheets before football success.

Manager Arsene Wenger attempted to halt the hecklers, acknowledging there was a "lot of dissatisfaction", but urging fans not to "go overboard".

"I believe this team can deliver and I am optimistic we will have a good season and the players will show I am right," he said.

"My job is to deliver a team with the resources we have, and I have never complained about that. I want a club to pay players from its own resources, there is no shame in that."

Wenger defends his trophy haul over the past several years

Wenger said: "For me, there are five trophies - the first is to win the Premier League, the second is to win the Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League, the fourth is to win the FA Cup and the fifth is to win the League Cup.

Wenger defends his trophy haul over the past several years

Is that not really true though? Obviously he forgot Europa League but you do get what he is getting at. CL is like a trophy - imagine the excitement we would have had this year with CL. Winning a cup like the league cup would excite you for a few days but thats it. FA Cup yeah be FA Cup winners and we would be ecstatic but it wouldnt give you that excitement that we experienced in our own CL campaign.

Cause Mancini is a distinctly average manager who has won a couple of league titles, but only when managing what has been clearly the best squad in those leagues and with some real superstars helping him out as well?

It's funny, most of that sounds like Jose Mourinho.

Is that not really true though? Obviously he forgot Europa League but you do get what he is getting at. CL is like a trophy - imagine the excitement we would have had this year with CL. Winning a cup like the league cup would excite you for a few days but thats it. FA Cup yeah be FA Cup winners and we would be ecstatic but it wouldnt give you that excitement that we experienced in our own CL campaign.

Fine by me. If he wants to keep dismissing the FA cup and Carling Cup and winning nothing, then he's welcome to.

They are not winning the league this year, so they might as well go for it in at least one of the cups.

Last edited:

Fine by me. If he wants to keep dismissing the FA cup and Carling Cup and winning nothing, then he's welcome to.

No - he isnt dismissing it is it. He is basically considering qualification for CL as a trophy in its self. Now obviously he is doing it to defend himself but he isnt too wrong. CL qualification is like a trophy now, it may not be written in history books, but its written in the accounts, bank balance, players minds, etched in fans memories etc etc etc.

Thats what clown shoe is tryin to get at and I agree with him to a certain extent.

Except he won the CL with Porto. And he hasn't failed in Europe like Mancini has at multiple clubs now.

most of that = won a couple of league titles, but only when managing what has been clearly the best squad in those leagues and with some real superstars helping him out as well.

Winning the CL with Porto (despite coming up against one good team) was a great achievement for him, so was AVB going the whole season unbeaten and winning everything possible in his first ever year.

Back