• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT Cardiff V Spurs*

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From what I’ve seen of wolves we didn’t take our for off, we were the team still pushing but literally ran out of legs

I don't think so - we started stroking it around aimlessly in midfield and at the back as soon as we went 1-0 up, and we never upped the gears even as Wolves started growing into the game.

And as soon as we started needlessly giving the all away and inviting Wolves forward, it was over. Hell, Poch admitted to it in the post-match interviews, iirc.

Probably was he has come across as so tinkled off to the Spurs journos over the last couple of days. I think the Wolves collapse has probably infuriated him because the players took the foot off the gas when they were capable of keeping the tempo up.

Great half. We’ve been super professional. I think Poch knows these players so well, he knows how to get in their heads. And this is a Fergie style, ‘no excuses, get out there and do what you should have done a couple days ago’ message to prove to them that they aren’t tired and that they can do it. It’s worked, and should stand us in good stead.

The man is a managerial / leadership genius if you ask me. Every time he comes up against a result that’s an aberration to what is expected or some crisis happens that could derail us, he seems to make the right calls every single time. It’s amazing how he does it.

Fair comment but if you want to compete you can’t have results like the one against wolves. Poch has to take part of the blame for that also.

One of those games when the ball just doesn’t quite roll for him. He’s working out the kinks and will be back in the flow soon enough. He always gets back there.
I’m wondering if he’s still bothered by the knock/pull from the Everton game.

One of those games when the ball just doesn’t quite roll for him. He’s working out the kinks and will be back in the flow soon enough. He always gets back there.

He was very poor on Saturday too. He’ll be fine though, he’s a special player.

We have to learn that games don't end when you're 1-0 just because you're better than the other team. Today is a step towards that, go 2/3/4 up and then ease off, not after 15 minutes.

Hopefully we've finally learned that lesson cause it's been a long time we've been fudging up like that.

Oh, and Trippier can't defend for brick.

I think it’s more that the players know full well they need to play until the game is won, but sometimes the collective psyche is such that no matter what you know, you need a shock to the system to make the subconscious realise what is and isn’t acceptable / possible. Wolves was that shock, and I think Poch today, by not rotating has not given the players an excuse to say they were tired, he is teaching them a lesson and getting them to grow from it by having them get into a better mental space themselves through their actions. All the while this further entrenches his authority and the trust the players have in him.

I don't think so - we started stroking it around aimlessly in midfield and at the back as soon as we went 1-0 up, and we never upped the gears even as Wolves started growing into the game.

And as soon as we started needlessly giving the all away and inviting Wolves forward, it was over. Hell, Poch admitted to it in the post-match interviews, iirc.

Thats how i saw that. There was obviosuly some fatigue there,but for me it was more a case we got into 'stroll mode' and were unable to up the ante when it became obvious Wolves were in the ascendancy

Fair comment but if you want to compete you can’t have results like the one against wolves. Poch has to take part of the blame for that also.

Of course. In an ideal world we’d never lose a game. But Poch is always thinking about the medium and long term. People wondering why he didn’t make loads of subs against Wolves - clearly it was a mental thing in his estimation because he knew how ready physically the players were. So when you get these knocks it’s about how you respond, and he is building the players mentality today by not letting them use tiredness as an excuse. It will stand us in good stead for our consistency for the rest of the season and beyond. Reading between the lines I think the Wolves collapse was one of the things that’s tinkled him off most since he’s been here.

fudging hell, Cardiff have just somehow removed one of their players from the pitch then brought on a different player who wasn’t in their starting eleven!!!

Is that even allowed, the cheating clams!!?

fudging hell, Cardiff have just somehow removed one of their players from the pitch then bought on a different player who wasn’t in their starting eleven!!!

Is that even allowed, the cheating clams!!?

it is allowed, but only after 70 mins

Back