• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Music Thread ***

Yeah, I wasn’t at the last one, but was at one of the last Wembley gigs with Kasabian. Very much that.

The mid 90’s gigs were genuinely epic though. Just noise and energy.
Knebworth was silly
Wembley was good
V was random
There my last 3 concerts with them

Knebworth and MK Bowl were amazing.

Wish I’d have seen them really early somewhere small.
I was gonna see them at about but my mum wouldn’t let me go as I was late doing some school stuff for my A Levels

It was 23rd March 1994 and my mates dad was the DJ at the venue and I’d never heard of them

Saw them at Wembley Arena, not small but not a stadium show and that arena is alright for those bigger room gigs.

Not sure on this comeback tour yet, assume tickets will be hard to get hold of and price will be high...

Some rumblings they might be doing a new album beforehand, if it was a greatest hits type show then could be tempted, if they stick in a load of new material think I'll give it a miss.

I kinda saw them at Wembley Stadium when it was quite new.
I remember The Enemy were supporting.
To be honest I was tooooo drunk to remember much at all about it.
I don't remember Kasabian being there.

Google says it was July 2009, 15 years have flown past.

My son was told by friend who works at Wembley events team they have booked 10 dates there.

3 extra dates added to the tour this morning (London, Manchester and Edinburgh)

But they have been added a few days after the last dates in each.

So they could add more, or if they are taking a break between them. Need to see if it will be 10 tour dates, or just booked out for 10 days with only 6 tour dates.

Saw them at the Limelight in Belfast (capacity circa 400) in September 1994 when there on the way up and were interesting. Got bored with the soap opera not long after that, and by the repetitive nature of the music.

I’ve still got some time for Noel. Liam is the kind of person who would force me to move on to another pub if he came in as I couldn’t stand to listen to the utter b ollocks he talks.

They’re so obviously doing it for the money that I’m pretty sure the shows will be them doing both more than going through the motions - although the media will obviously hype them to feck.

Yeah, I wasn’t at the last one, but was at one of the last Wembley gigs with Kasabian. Very much that.

The mid 90’s gigs were genuinely epic though. Just noise and energy.
Went to one mid 90s at Earls Court (IIRC). The Verve were supporting, had no idea who they were so ignored them (what-a-mistaka-to-maka) and went drinking before Oasis came on stage. Oasis were great that night though.

3 extra dates added to the tour this morning (London, Manchester and Edinburgh)

But they have been added a few days after the last dates in each.

So they could add more, or if they are taking a break between them. Need to see if it will be 10 tour dates, or just booked out for 10 days with only 6 tour dates.

They will add more for sure.

Saw them at the Limelight in Belfast (capacity circa 400) in September 1994 when there on the way up and were interesting. Got bored with the soap opera not long after that, and by the repetitive nature of the music.

I’ve still got some time for Noel. Liam is the kind of person who would force me to move on to another pub if he came in as I couldn’t stand to listen to the utter b ollocks he talks.

They’re so obviously doing it for the money that I’m pretty sure the shows will be them doing both more than going through the motions - although the media will obviously hype them to feck.

Disagree. The money is obviously a major factor but they've been offered similar sums prior. There are a couple of other elements in play here...

...I think I'll be at Cardiff for sure. First saw them Feb 1995 at The Fillmore in SF, then April 96 in SF, next at Earls Court with The Verve, then a few more times in SF...

I cannot wait.
As for all the fudging SNOBS boring off about 'overrated' and 'lad culture reboot bad' and various other fragments of uber judgemental gonads, enjoy your whinging but don't complain of people come back at ya!

Saw them at Wembley Arena, not small but not a stadium show and that arena is alright for those bigger room gigs.

Not sure on this comeback tour yet, assume tickets will be hard to get hold of and price will be high...

Some rumblings they might be doing a new album beforehand, if it was a greatest hits type show then could be tempted, if they stick in a load of new material think I'll give it a miss.

I will virtually guarantee they'll be playing greatest hits/old classics sets...

I love Oasis, but I’m not enthused by this.

I was lucky enough to see them many times before the split.

They weren’t great at the end, I expect these shows will be similar.

I totally get that, and IMO, you've put forward a respectful personal opinion.

I get fudged off with the loudmouthed naysayers who are just throwing down enormous negativity and snobbery at anyone who is excited, like you're an idiot for being so. I am not especially bothered, but I will say that I have enjoyed putting my view forward in this most frivolous of debates!

I totally get that, and IMO, you've put forward a respectful personal opinion.

I get fudged off with the loudmouthed naysayers who are just throwing down enormous negativity and snobbery at anyone who is excited, like you're an idiot for being so. I am not especially bothered, but I will say that I have enjoyed putting my view forward in this most frivolous of debates!

Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be.

Last edited:
Back