• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

7 years - that should qualify him as a servant of the club.
say what you like, even verts, naughton and caulker hasn't really impressed and have been at fault at left back

7 years - that should qualify him as a servant of the club.
say what you like, even verts, naughton and caulker hasn't really impressed and have been at fault at left back
It's one of the toughest positions on the pitch. A team's right winger is usually one of their best attacking players, so the left back has to contend with that all game. Add in the attacking responsibilities, and being a modern fullback is a nightmare!

Whose been here longer?

Defoe (2004) Forgetting he left for a year.
Lennon (2005)
Huddlestone (2005)
Dawson (2005)
Ekotto (2006)
Bale (2007)

Those are probably our longest serving players. Am I forgetting anyone?

I am not a big fan of BAE's style of defending. He is too stylish and relaxing when defending which causes too many errors. Would prefer us to sign a more reliable defender.

I remember reading a quote from him maybe a year or so ago about the way he dribbles his way out of trouble and he said something like he doesn't see the point of just punting the ball up the field and wasting possession when he can do a quick move and pass into midfield. I agree though, its great when it works, but when it doesn't we always get in trouble.

I remember reading a quote from him maybe a year or so ago about the way he dribbles his way out of trouble and he said something like he doesn't see the point of just punting the ball up the field and wasting possession when he can do a quick move and pass into midfield. I agree though, its great when it works, but when it doesn't we always get in trouble.

Exactly. That's what I hate most about his defending. Don't want us to take unnecessary risk in defence.

Good player, we forget how dreadful our left side was prior to Benny/Bale.

Think we could improve on him, but not likely for cheap, and not a lot of easy targets I could think of.

He does need to improve his form, but if he stays fit, gets a good preseason in, should be fine.

Honestly you can tell he misses having Bale on the left, they had a great understanding when they combined. Siggy/Dempsey rarely look to play BAE when he makes the overlapping run instead the usually cut in and go for goal.

Not referring to his hair style.:lol: But hate the way he always tries to dribble out of defence instead of taking the safety-first method.

it wouldn't be half as bad if he mixed it up, oh look i'm gonna slam it up the touch line, no i'm not i'm dragging it inside onto my right foot, amazes me that opposing managers have not twigged that yet, its a carbon copy at every opportunity and I only remember him being caught out a handful of times

Not referring to his hair style.:lol: But hate the way he always tries to dribble out of defence instead of taking the safety-first method.

A full back who took the safety first option would be slaughtered by the fans after half a season

Honestly you can tell he misses having Bale on the left, they had a great understanding when they combined. Siggy/Dempsey rarely look to play BAE when he makes the overlapping run instead the usually cut in and go for goal.

Missing Bale has got nothing to do with his lack of tracking back or his lack of commitment on the pitch. Lets be honest most of the time he plays like he doesn't give a brick and no amount of feel good interviews are gonna change this.

Missing Bale has got nothing to do with his lack of tracking back or his lack of commitment on the pitch. Lets be honest most of the time he plays like he doesn't give a brick and no amount of feel good interviews are gonna change this.

I think that is absolute rubbish. He has a relaxed demeanour but he works as hard as any other member of the team and is frequently asked to cover the whole of the left on his own.

Back