• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Most pointless thread title ever. Harry could lose every match from now until May 10 nil, still he'd be next England manager. He's already been selected, there is no one else.

It should be 'Is England speculation doing Spurs out of a CL spot'.

more than odds on ..aint it..

the way were playing ....maybe its a good thing......oops...sorry...................

Someone asked 'has the England thing become a bit of a destraction'. Of course it has. That is why every Man player who could get himself heard mentioned it before the game and Ferguson revelled in discussing it at every opportunity he got. We are unsettled and the talk will continue to unsettle us. Players are not known for their vast and complex brains so if you place a concept in their heads that the manager they mostly like and enjoy playing for will be going, making their futures uncertain and their prospects in question then it is bound to rattle about as it is printed on every page of the brick newspapers their orange wives read to them.

EXACTLY!

whilst I don't quite go along with the theory that this is ALL the media's fault, every single fudging rival player & manager know the impact of making sure they remind our players that Harry will leave WILL have a distraction, FFS, the commentary yesterday were fudging picking Harry's first England team for him (suggesting it will be littered with Spurs players) gonads it won't affect them... the media can't hide their disappointment that Harry is STILL in the Spurs job.

However, the players are too stoopid to rise above it, same as they were too fudging stoopid to 'forget about ArseAnal' and put last week out of their system... so now we've got the hat-trick of game scenarios to our name, and lost them all;

WE GO 0-2 DOWN AT CITY, FIGHT BACK TO 2-2 (in any other game, this would surely have led to the dramatic winner to 'complete the comeback' ...instead, we miss an open goal, and allow them a last minute winner...

WE GO 2-0 UP, AT ARSEANAL... but instead of clinging on, we allow them back into it... but no matter, 'cos as we learnt at City, when you let a 2 goal lead slip, it's fine, 'cos the team with the lead will inevitably end up as the rightful winner... ah, except we didn't... we fudging capitulated and smeared on our own fudging vaseline to allow them to arse-rape us... no lessons learnt yet...

ONTO YESTERDAY... WE GO 2-0 DOWN... but no matter, we've seen how going 2-0 down doesn't guarantee the win (same as going 2-0 up doesn't guarantee it either, if you're US) we'll claw it back you'll see, we were BETTER THAN THEM ON THE DAY... except we weren't, and we feel sorry for ourselves, whilst collapse again for the 2nd time in a week, and merely achieve disenchanting Defoe further by him scoring late on (when frankly Utd probably weren't even trying) and having him feel he's being hard done by because he's not starting... lest we forget the Emirates Marketing Project miss to explain why he doesn't start EVERY GAME!

So where does that leave us?

mind the fudging gap? fudge off.... we've already lost it mentally... I WISH the players were intelligent enough to see the bigger picture and not let the last 2 results play on their minds for next weekend up at Everton (hardly a gimme!) but they're not, they're mostly thick as overpaid brick, and believe what the media/teletext tells them to think.

4 points is a win and a draw... we need to match (or better) EVERY ArseAnal result between now and the end of the season... I'm up for it, fudge the plastic smug gooner ****s who assume the CL is their fudging birthright, and finishing above us is a yearly given... fudge off you spoilt ****s... fudging suffer for once, see how it fudging messes with your mind and your day-to-day existence!

I'd love to think we can rise above the ArseAnal surge... but I've a feeling the players have lost faith in themselves, and Harry being in charge beyond May... it SHOULDN'T AFFECT THEM, 'cos we're bigger than that... but I think it will. 4th at best for me! ...anything else will be a remarkable turnaround.

It's only been 3 games since Capello quit so I'm not ready just yet to say the speculation is affecting the club. We've just played Arsenal away, a place where we have won once in the last 18 years and United at home who we haven't beaten in 11 years and about 7 managers ago. That doesn't mean I'm not worried. Players and managers from the teams immediately around us are taking advantage of it, Rio Ferdinand and Fergie being the main culprits. I'm sure plenty of other teams will do it until the rest of the season too.

I WISH the players were intelligent enough to see the bigger picture and not let the last 2 results play on their minds for next weekend up at Everton (hardly a gimme!) but they're not, they're mostly thick as overpaid brick, and believe what the media/teletext tells them to think.

We need a thinker in our side. Someone who can put things in perspective, is well-read and can speak with eloquence and honesty on the trials and travails faced by every squad, and the importance of focus and determination. A modern Danny Blanchflower, in essence.

It's an indictment of the modern world that the best we can get is Joey Barton.

Sir Alex Ferguson surprised by Premier League's England letter

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was surprised to receive a Premier League letter asking him not to discuss the England manager's position.

Tottenham's Harry Redknapp is seen as the favourite to replace Fabio Capello, and Ferguson has described him as "the best man" for the job.

"You can't believe [I've been sent a letter], can you?" said Ferguson.

Asked why he received the warning, he said: "I've absolutely no idea. I'm not supposed to discuss it."

Ferguson is among a host of Premier League managers to have backed Redknapp for the England job.

"There is no doubt Harry Redknapp is the best man," he said last month. "He has the experience and personality and the knowledge of the game. He has changed the fortunes of every club he has been at."

While the Football Association insists it has not spoken to any potential candidates to replace Capello, it intends to make an appointment at the "back end of the season".

Redknapp admitted he is "flattered" to be linked to what he regards as the "ultimate job for an Englishman".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17308540

Former England manager Fabio Capello interested in ‘job swap’ with Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Redknapp

With Carlo Ancelotti ensconced in a ?ú6 million-a-year contract with Paris St-Germain, could Tottenham Hotspur turn to another Italian should, as expected, Harry Redknapp take over as England manager?

It is understood that, despite his experiences in this country, Fabio Capello would be interested in a return to London and a return to club management. He is monitoring what happens at Spurs if Champions League football is secured.

Whether Spurs are interested in him remains to be seen — and there is understood to be no shortage of interest from across Europe in the post should it become vacant – but it sets up the prospect of rather a curious ‘job swap’ between Redknapp and Capello.

It had been assumed by some that Capello would return to Italy after quitting as England manager because he felt that he had been seriously undermined by the FA’s decision to take the captaincy away from John Terry. But that is not the case. Capello wants one more job in club management and he wants it to be away from his home country.

The 65 year-old has had approaches from the Middle East that would be hugely lucrative, including taking on the role similar to that of a director of football across one of the fledgling leagues.

But, despite appearances, he enjoyed working in London and does not feel disillusioned by the criticism he suffered while England manager.

Spurs are an intriguing prospect. Ancelotti was certainly in the frame before deciding he could not wait any longer, and could not turn down the money on offer at PSG. Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is also an admirer of another former Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho.

Rafael Ben?¡tez would also want to be considered for the job while the link with Everton’s David Moyes — who Spurs face tomorrow — has faded. That suggests that, despite his experiences with Juande Ramos and Jacques Santini, Levy might be considering another European coach should Redknapp leave the club.

Spurs have held preliminary talks with Redknapp over an improved contract, with his current deal set to expire in June 2013. No formal offer is thought to have been made yet but substantial funds will be made available should he decide to stay.

Although Capello’s demands might be a stumbling block – he values himself highly – he would be able to work within the system that Spurs operate. It might be a risky appointment as Capello has not worked in club management in England and had a prickly relationship with the media. But it would be a big statement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9132451/Former-England-manager-Fabio-Capello-interested-in-job-swap-with-Tottenham-Hotspurs-Harry-Redknapp.html

Christ this is worrying. Capello's style could see us lose a sh!tload of players. It seemed as though playing for him was a nightmare from what I've read from certain England players.

Sir Alex Ferguson surprised by Premier League's England letter

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was surprised to receive a Premier League letter asking him not to discuss the England manager's position.

Tottenham's Harry Redknapp is seen as the favourite to replace Fabio Capello, and Ferguson has described him as "the best man" for the job.

"You can't believe [I've been sent a letter], can you?" said Ferguson.

Asked why he received the warning, he said: "I've absolutely no idea. I'm not supposed to discuss it."

Ferguson is among a host of Premier League managers to have backed Redknapp for the England job.

"There is no doubt Harry Redknapp is the best man," he said last month. "He has the experience and personality and the knowledge of the game. He has changed the fortunes of every club he has been at."

While the Football Association insists it has not spoken to any potential candidates to replace Capello, it intends to make an appointment at the "back end of the season".

Redknapp admitted he is "flattered" to be linked to what he regards as the "ultimate job for an Englishman".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17308540

Makes fudge all difference now as the damage's already been done and they got their usual 3 points.

Christ this is worrying. Capello's style could see us lose a sh!tload of players. It seemed as though playing for him was a nightmare from what I've read from certain England players.

Capello's english isn't good enough and would still need a translator, there's no way Levy is going to go back to that situation again.

SPURS PULL OUT THE BIG GUNS FOR HARRY
The man who managed to make a profit on Mido was never going to let Harry Redknapp slip quietly off to the England job, and if The Daily Mail has things right, Daniel Levy is getting out the big guns in his bid to keep his manager.

The paper reports that Levy will offer Redknapp a new four-year contract with a '?ú50million war chest' (for we all love a war chest) to persuade him to stay.

The paper still seems infuriated that the FA have not made their move for Redknapp, despite the disruption and unfairness that would cause to Tottenham.

The Mail reports: 'Tottenham, who have dropped out of the race for the Barclays Premier League title following back-to-back defeats to Arsenal and Manchester United, are frustrated with the FA over their lack of movement.

'And Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is understood to be placing pressure on Redknapp to commit to White Hart Lane.'

But who would he spend that 'war chest' on? Well, according to the paper: 'Marseille striker Loic Remy and Lille winger Eden Hazard are top of Redknapp's wishlist, with both players open to the idea of a move to the Premier League in the summer.'

i think the FA really want Hodgson, but are wary of going against the media and football people onslaught who sing Redknapp's name on a daily basis

ridiculous

from the BBC

Meanwhile, when asked about reports that he had been offered a new deal and transfer funds of up to ?ú50m in the summer to ward off interest from England, Redknapp said: "No-one has told me about that. That's not the case. I speak to [Spurs chairman] Daniel [Levy] every day and we've discussed he wants me to stay at the club which is fantastic. But he hasn't made me the offer of a contract at the moment, and I've not pushed him to either and we've not discussed amounts of money to spend in the summer."

HARRY REDKNAPP insists there is no fresh contract offer on the table from Tottenham.

The 65-year-old is the overwhelming favourite to replace Fabio Capello as England boss and admitted last month that he was "flattered" to be thought of as the No1 choice.

It had been reported that Spurs are willing to offer Redknapp a bumper new pay deal and a big transfer kitty to keep him at White Hart Lane.

But the 65-year-old says he has not spoken to Levy about an extension to his current deal, which runs out next summer.

Redknapp added: "That's not the case. I speak to Daniel every day and he wants me to stay at the club, which is fantastic.

"But at the moment he has not made me an offer of a contract, no, and I haven't pushed for one either.

"We have not discussed how much money that is there to spend either.

"That has never come up in conversation at all."

Redknapp is also unaware of any letter instructing Premier League managers to not discuss the England job.

Alex Ferguson revealed last night that he had received a letter from the top flight asking him not to speak about the vacant position.

The Manchester United boss is one of a number of top-flight managers who have backed the Spurs boss to take over from Fabio Capello.

But the Scot's revelation suggests the Premier League are not happy with others tipping Redknapp for the position given that he is currently tied to a contract with Spurs.

Redknapp himself appeared unaware about the letter this morning, saying: "I haven't received a letter, no. I haven't looked. Maybe there is one.

"I don't know whether there is a letter that has gone around to clubs. I don't know."

Following his team's defeat to Athletic Bilbao last night, Ferguson said: "The Premier League has written to me asking me not to talk about the England manager's job. I don't know why."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4183205/Harry-Redknapp-No-new-contract-offer-from-Tottenham.html

HARRY REDKNAPP insists there is no fresh contract offer on the table from Tottenham.

The 65-year-old is the overwhelming favourite to replace Fabio Capello as England boss and admitted last month that he was "flattered" to be thought of as the No1 choice.

It had been reported that Spurs are willing to offer Redknapp a bumper new pay deal and a big transfer kitty to keep him at White Hart Lane.

But the 65-year-old says he has not spoken to Levy about an extension to his current deal, which runs out next summer.

Redknapp added: "That's not the case. I speak to Daniel every day and he wants me to stay at the club, which is fantastic.

"But at the moment he has not made me an offer of a contract, no, and I haven't pushed for one either.

"We have not discussed how much money that is there to spend either.

"That has never come up in conversation at all."

Redknapp is also unaware of any letter instructing Premier League managers to not discuss the England job.

Alex Ferguson revealed last night that he had received a letter from the top flight asking him not to speak about the vacant position.

The Manchester United boss is one of a number of top-flight managers who have backed the Spurs boss to take over from Fabio Capello.

But the Scot's revelation suggests the Premier League are not happy with others tipping Redknapp for the position given that he is currently tied to a contract with Spurs.

Redknapp himself appeared unaware about the letter this morning, saying: "I haven't received a letter, no. I haven't looked. Maybe there is one.

"I don't know whether there is a letter that has gone around to clubs. I don't know."

Following his team's defeat to Athletic Bilbao last night, Ferguson said: "The Premier League has written to me asking me not to talk about the England manager's job. I don't know why."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4183205/Harry-Redknapp-No-new-contract-offer-from-Tottenham.html

Well done to The Premier League. Ferguson is obviously smart enough to know why.

I'm guessing Harry is saying exactly what he would have said regardless of if a contract had been presented or not and that they have in fact discussed how much money will be available in the summer quite some time ago.

Ferguson runs football over here

FA doesnt stand for Football Association, its a trick to fool everyone. In fact turn the letters around and you get AF, Alex Ferguson. Cnut

SPURS PULL OUT THE BIG GUNS FOR HARRY
The man who managed to make a profit on Mido was never going to let Harry Redknapp slip quietly off to the England job, and if The Daily Mail has things right, Daniel Levy is getting out the big guns in his bid to keep his manager.

The paper reports that Levy will offer Redknapp a new four-year contract with a '?ú50million war chest' (for we all love a war chest) to persuade him to stay.

The paper still seems infuriated that the FA have not made their move for Redknapp, despite the disruption and unfairness that would cause to Tottenham.

The Mail reports: 'Tottenham, who have dropped out of the race for the Barclays Premier League title following back-to-back defeats to Arsenal and Manchester United, are frustrated with the FA over their lack of movement.

'And Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is understood to be placing pressure on Redknapp to commit to White Hart Lane.'

But who would he spend that 'war chest' on? Well, according to the paper: 'Marseille striker Loic Remy and Lille winger Eden Hazard are top of Redknapp's wishlist, with both players open to the idea of a move to the Premier League in the summer.'

More rubbish from the Daily Fail.

Back