• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
There are some very stupid suggestions in this thread.

However, De Boer is a good one.

I am only on pg5 and not going to read all 11... but Capello was co-commentator on Sky Italia yesterday, hence his attendance at the game.

I had a dream last night that me and my brother bumped into George Graham and he said he was in the running for the job :eek:

De Boer is probably the one that makes the most sense out of those mentioned I have to say. Kudos to GB for mentioning him before anyone here and before the press I think. I have no idea if he would be gettable right away or if we would have to wait until the end of the season.

I still think Bielsa could be fantastic, but I get that with his rather quaint personality and most likely language issues it would be a gamble. He's available now though, that's a big plus.

Not a big fan of interim managers in general, I support Hoddle, but I would be very sceptical. Same with Sherwood or Freund. See no reason why Baldini would become our temporary manager for more than a game at most.

Pochettino will get discussed a lot I think. Also a bit of a gamble, but most options are. I don't see an obvious option that isn't anyway.

**** it, I wan bielsa. He's a little mental probably will be a disaster but we'd get some interesting tactics and football for sure!

3-1-3-3 formation anyone?

We can't afford another manager taking the summer + the start of next season implementing his philosophies. If we are going to change managers, I would rather someone be appointed now and given the rest of the season (in the league, at least) to implement his style, adapt to the league and make a list of the players he wants out and the ones he wants in.

If we miraculously manage to scrape past West Ham in the COC Quarter-final, then even better, the new man will have an opportunity to win a trophy quickly, endearing him to the fans and players.

Of course, we could just stick with AVB and see where it takes us. If he wins a trophy this season, it won't be a total write-off.

Very solid post as always Dubai.

I think if De Boer is the man Levy wants he should go all out to get him straight away. I know he's in a good position at Ajax, but a chance to take a job like ours in a big league doesn't come around all that often and not always when it suits people. They're in the EL, but so are we. I'd say his chances of winning that should be better with us than with them. They have a chance of winning the league of course, but he's already done that.

I would rather see us stick with AVB than to appoint an interim at this point. Could change if more terrible results come our way of course.

Ref Sherwood, what do we know about his style, what set up do you think he would implement?
I keep hearing he is highly regarded by Levy, do we know why?
Genuine questions, and because I think he will get the interim gig, curious to know what the immediate impact may be.

**** it, I wan bielsa. He's a little mental probably will be a disaster but we'd get some interesting tactics and football for sure!

3-1-3-3 formation anyone?

Back 3 of Walker, Vlad and Vertonghen? Sandro the defensive midfielder. Eriksen or Lamela just behind Soldado. Oh man, it would be madness...

Audere est facere, to dare is to do. Doesn't come any more daring than Bielsa.

It was broke. A man who leaves us to flounder while he dreams about England and then returns haughtily demanding a new contract when the FA rejects him and after we slump to a finish outside the CL places...is not a man I want in charge of this club, blundering successor notwithstanding.

Start again, then. Sigh.

we finihsed outside the CL places? how?

Ref Sherwood, what do we know about his style, what set up do you think he would implement?
I keep hearing he is highly regarded by Levy, do we know why?
Genuine questions, and because I think he will get the interim gig, curious to know what the immediate impact may be.

If you've ever heard Deadwood speak, he's the thickest person out there. We might as well appoint Robbie Savage and Dion Dublin for all he can comprehend and articulate about the game.

There are two things Deadwood is good at - his own PR and wormtounging to Levy.

And he has an Arsenal tattoo…

How is De Boer as a Manager? is he the total football kind of guy? I havent seen Ajax so cant say i know what style he adopts etc. Although I bet he is some kind of Laudrup?

How is Bielsa too? he strikes me as someone who wont succeed - does he have the language? does he have the motivation at his age?

If you've ever heard Deadwood speak, he's the thickest person out there. We might as well appoint Robbie Savage and Dion Dublin for all he can comprehend and articulate about the game.

There are two things Deadwood is good at - his own PR and wormtounging to Levy.

And he has an Arsenal tattoo…

This, this and this.

I've come to terms with the fact that a lot of Spurs fans don't like/trust "thinkers" but to appoint someone who AFAIK has never had a single thought process its way through his mind is going too far.

Funny about this tattoo, Sherwood stayed at same hotel as me couple of years ago, I had heard about the supposed tatt. He was at the beach in trunks, he either has one in a private place or has had it removed. There were no visible tattoos.
I would also think that levy wouldn't tolerate him just for being compliant.
I'm not saying he's the answer btw!

How is De Boer as a Manager? is he the total football kind of guy? I havent seen Ajax so cant say i know what style he adopts etc. Although I bet he is some kind of Laudrup?

How is Bielsa too? he strikes me as someone who wont succeed - does he have the language? does he have the motivation at his age?

This. Someone fill me in on de boers style, tactics, man management, achievements etc. appreciated.

Back