• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
1. Martinez
2. AVB
3. Blanc
4. Moyes

Marty #1 because I think he's special. Then AVB because it would be a bonkers gamble and I like that style. Blanc next because I fear a half-committed Santini 2. Moyes a long way back because I think the fit between him and Spurs is all wrong, despite his strengths.

I really do not understand why people would have Martinez as their first choice and his record at Wigan is pretty poor. Redknapp's detractors criticised him for playing a formation that they think did not work for a few games in succession, Martinez has a record of going most of the season with formations that do not work and giving the impression that he does not know what his best team and formation is.

Can you start this weekend? Spurs have offered job to Villas-Boas and want him to take over on July 1

Chairman Levy reckons Portuguese can take the club to the "next level."

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has offered the Spurs job to Andre Villas-Boas - and wants him to start on July 1.

Former Chelsea boss Villas-Boas has impressed the Spurs hierarchy with his plans for the club even though he was axed at Stamford Bridge after less than eight months in charge.

Villas-Boas will be expected to work with Tim Sherwood at Spurs as his star is in the ascendancy and Levy wants him to be a key part of the set-up.

France boss Laurent Blanc was also in the running but Villas-Boas impressed the most during Levy's search for a successor to Harry Redknapp.

They also sounded out former England boss Fabio Capello who, along with Blanc, will remain in the frame until Villas-Boas is signed and sealed. Capello is interested in making a return to English football but his wage demands proved prohibitive.

Levy initially fancied Everton boss David Moyes and Wigan's Roberto Martinez and decided to go foreign because he believes a new philosophy is needed to take the club to the "next level."

Villas-Boas has some reservations about the job because he wants complete control and also fears losing Luka Modric who has made it clear he wants to leave for Real Madrd.

Tottenham also want the new manager to start on July 1 for various contractual and legal reasons while Villas-Boas is also free from any ties to Chelsea.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-have-offered-a-job-to-andre-villas-boas-941324

Moyes and Martinez, two up and coming English managers. :-"

I really do not understand why people would have Martinez as their first choice and his record at Wigan is pretty poor. Redknapp's detractors criticised him for playing a formation that they think did not work for a few games in succession, Martinez has a record of going most of the season with formations that do not work and giving the impression that he does not know what his best team and formation is.

I think it's moot anyway because it's going to be AVB.

I think it's moot anyway because it's going to be AVB.

lets hope he's as smart as he is supposed to be, and has learned from his Chelsea experience.

The hardest part is knowing that Gutterboy wanted him. Still, even a broken watch is right twice a day

Not only will he want to do well for us he also has an added point to prove to Chelsea, I can live with that. His time at Porto proves he has some talent even though it was an inferior league

didn't AVB staunchly deny having reached an agreement with chelsea only weeks before signing with them?

he's not like our 'ol harry, i think he knows how to play coy to the media. which is a refreshing change.

get ready for some animated scenes on the touchline ........

Andre-Villas-Boas-celebrates.jpg
1071532627-18052011204915.jpg
andrevillasboasjumps_205x285.jpg

Villas-Boas+Celebration.jpg

love it!!

I would have thought exactly the opposite following his latest inerview branding those links as 'lies'. Has there been further development?

We don't know what, exactly, he branded as lies. Could have been referring to reports that he had already signed. Could have been referring to reports that said that he was angry that Spurs were interviewing other managers.

Or he could just have been telling porkies, as people so often do in such circumstances.

All roads seem to lead to AVB now. There are simply too many stories claiming that he is the one for us to be considering anyone else now, IMO.

Another story on AVB

AVB rejects Sao Paulo offer

Reported Spurs target turns down move to Brazil

By Paulo Freitas. Last Updated: June 27, 2012 6:12am

The club are seeking a new boss following the sacking of Emerson Leao on Tuesday after his unhappy second spell in charge.

Villas-Boas, who was sacked by the Blues in March, has been linked with the vacant Tottenham job after Harry Redknapp was dismissed.

However, the Portuguese manager rejected such rumours as "lies" at the weekend.

Sao Paulo's director of football, Adalberto Baptista, says the 34-year-old has turned down an offer to take over at the Brazilian side.

He told Globo Esporte: "He today said that he doesn't want to manage Sao Paulo. He prefers to have more time to plan things but I have no time to wait."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7843678/AVB-rejects-Sao-Paulo-offer

Back