• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

There's only a certain distance which you can take a team like Leicester surely though isnt there? I mean, he's probably taken them to a top 4 finish - are they realistically going to win the league again? Or win the CL?
Or even stay in the top 4 again once Liverpool get themselves sorted out, hopefully we become a stronger challenger, Vardy retires (he's 34),...?

We certainly have a higher ceiling than Leicester and, in the opposite way to it being harder to see Leicester going much higher than they are, he'd be coming to Spurs when our star has fallen a lot so easier to show an improvement

I think ManCity have proven that there's no such thing as ceilings in today's football. If Leicester's owners are willing to pump money into the club and we aren't, then they'll go much further than we do. Most players couldn't care less if they're playing for Leicester or Marine: they only look a the number of zeros on the check. A decade ago, living in London seem to hold some sway but it doesn't even look that way anymore.

I'm sure Messi or Ronaldo or even Mbappé would play for Leicester, if the money's right.

My thoughts exactly (except that I think I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you were pretty thick too a couple of decades ago but they didn't have social media to vent their feelings). I just hope that whoever gets the job will be given some time but the expectations seem as unrealistic as ever (from my point of view, of course). We'll be lucky if we're in a position to grab a Top4 spot a year from now.

Yep there have always been thick fans for sure but in todays game they have the likes of T w a tter to fr oth at the mouth on.

Last edited:
Not great that there's lots that most of us wouldnt want:

Sarri
Parker
Howe
Southgate
Benitez

Granted Rodgers divides opinion too (though I'd like him).

Big decision for Levy ahead....very big....

Not exaggerating at all, i would take Redknapp over all of them on that list.

There's only a certain distance which you can take a team like Leicester surely though isnt there? I mean, he's probably taken them to a top 4 finish - are they realistically going to win the league again? Or win the CL?
Or even stay in the top 4 again once Liverpool get themselves sorted out, hopefully we become a stronger challenger, Vardy retires (he's 34),...?

We certainly have a higher ceiling than Leicester and, in the opposite way to it being harder to see Leicester going much higher than they are, he'd be coming to Spurs when our star has fallen a lot so easier to show an improvement

There are some fair points there but it could be countered that:

- there is more support for a manger to build and mould a squad as they see fit at Leicester
- Leicester have actually won something recently and that memory at the club might be argued to remain atm, enough for them to push on a stay in their current position
- Leicester pay decent wages as it is
- They have already started to move away from being so reliant on Vardy and Rodgers can continue that work
- who are we actually in the scheme of football that gives us a 'higher ceiling'? We had a 'higher ceiling' than Emirates Marketing Project before the start of the last decade. Money talks, BS walks...(in our case we very much seem to prefer residing in the latter category when push comes to shove)

Even taking the 'London factor' into think I think we overestimate our attractiveness toi managers, especially given our ownership, who are less and less mysterious these days compared to, say, a decade ago..

Sarri is currently favourite with the bookies. That would be enough for me to burn the season ticket I haven't got
I'd be bitterly disappointed if we end up with that old fart!!!
I've read somewhere that both Brenton and Nagelsmann are very unlikely, so we probably end up with Sarri. I don't know why, but I just have a strong dislike to him.

I wouldn't want Sarri but i thought his coaching was actually quite good. The way he coached Chelsea to play through the high-press was some of the best i've seen.
He'd be tainted before he joined so it wouldn't work with us, but i think he'd be a very good appointment for another PL club, e.g. a Leicester or Villa

Not that I want him but Sarri made his mark as being an attacking possession based manager.

Not sure where people are getting these José comparisons from.

If we're going Italian, I'd definitely take Allegri over Sarri. Juve always incorporated skillful players as well as solid defenders and obviously won trophies (some of that is because they're Juve, but they do still have to be won).

In fact, after Nagelsmann and Rodgers, I'm not sure whether I'd go for Potter or Allegri. Very, very different propositions but either of those would be ahead of a lot of the alternatives

Back