• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

The same way Hicks and Gillette wanted too, or Glazers are paying for Utd to make them Billion dollar assets for zero input.

The football club does.

It would be a nice thought, that should Levy sell when stadium is paid for, that the difference the profit the club would be valued at from then to now would be given back to the club.

Zero chance.

I sound like a broken record lol

Is interesting, I got a mate who runs exhibitons and he said they have taken loads of business from Old Trafford to the Etihad as the facilities, services, food etc are way better there. Seems they have really upped their game.

Be interesting to see in a few years what they do about the stadium e.g. is 47k going to be able to bring them in enough revenue to match what they are trying to do

Emirates Marketing Project are running a different business model compared to most clubs/stadiums.

Their ambition for the stadium is the same as the team, they want to be the best and they're willing to put investment into the infrastructure.

There's no problem with cashflow, so they can be much more creative (and take more chances) in what they do whether that be the fans' experience, advertising technology, corporate hospitality etc. It's still got a business focus as all of these improvements drive revenue.

Most clubs won't be the first ones to take those risks, they'll be waiting to see what City do that works and then replicate it.

so the actual stadium build starts only NEXT summer i.e. 2013?

if it is it still on the build-and-stay-while-the-stadium-rotates idea, then we only have a new stadium for the 2016-17 season ? that seems like a lifetime away.

if it is it still on the build-and-stay-while-the-stadium-rotates idea, then we only have a new stadium for the 2016-17 season ? that seems like a lifetime away.

Its half way through May already, this year has flown by, before you know it itll be July and our players will be turning up for pre-season training

You'll sit in the new stadium already by 2015 if the proposed schedule is kept. And we will probably have a bigger ground capacity by this time as well.

Cant wait.

Be interested to see the new training ground, could well help bring some players in this summer too

Cant wait.

Be interested to see the new training ground, could well help bring some players in this summer too

Didn't VDV say it was a shock after the Real Madrid training facilities? I've had an image in my head since of a field and 4 scrunched up jumpers on the floor. :lol:

Found this peach on Wikipedia:

"Tottenham Hotspur had originally planned to move into the new stadium, whilst it is partially built, for the beginning of the 2012–13 season, and the stadium would be completed by the following campaign."

I havent competely given up hope on the new stadium for next season. It wouldnt surprise me if Levy has been building it underground and will stun everyone by having a fudging huge 70,000 seater rise up from a secret hatch on the first day of the season. That's the sort of guy he is.

I havent competely given up hope on the new stadium for next season. It wouldnt surprise me if Levy has been building it underground and will stun everyone by having a fudging huge 70,000 seater rise up from a secret hatch on the first day of the season. That's the sort of guy he is.

:D good one

Best chairman in the league.
Bald genius.

A photo of the east stand from outside...

...thought I'd share it. Using an iPhone 4s with camera+ app, two filters, and then re-applied another one...anyone else got some to share? View attachment 607

Nice Steff. I've played on those pitches a few times. Just look up at the stadium for some inspiration.
What app did you use?

Nice picture Steff, but it really shows how dated the stadium is now. As much as I love it, and I spent over 15 years in the East stand with my season ticket we need the new one ASAP in my opinion

If the site of that old brick work stand doesnt fill you with nostalgia nothing will. Great pic.

Back