• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Re: New stadium and training ground thread - Pg 74 Haringey Council plans 2025

i know a bit far fetched idea but why don't the club buy the land where the present sainsburys is turn it into a giant car park for the first couple of years when the new staduim opens,say charge £3/4 for parking at the same time you buy your match day ticket,therefore creating less hassle in looking for a space to park on matchday. if it creates a bit more easier flow of traffic before and after the game due to the increase attendance because its just off the north circular may help the situation,if it doesn't sell the land back.

Well, having gone to Wembley recently, they have car parks surrounding the stadium. Cost to park was £27 plus pennies.

Say you could get 1000 cars, that would be 27,000 per game. 10 games would generate 270,000 whilst 20 would generate 540k. Would this figure cover the build costs, say over 10 or 20 years.

The ideal situation would be a multistorey that could be used all year round, where people pay £1 an hour for those going to the supermarket or commuters £10 for the day.

parkingfu.jpg

Anyone know whats happening to the original Sainsbury site, great place for a multistorey

Would be great if the club could purchase the pea**** industrial estate as well, building more flats, Hotel, multi storey, franchise establishments like an Imax Cinema, Sports bars, Next, Currys, Comet, and the obligatory Sports Direct, not forgetting a mahoosive Chicken King.

Last edited:

Didn't realise the train track ran so close to it,so a bit restrictive.

How can you stop peole travelling by car then if public transport is so unreliable at times.

Didn't realise the train track ran so close to it,so a bit restrictive.

How can you stop peole travelling by car then if public transport is so unreliable at times.

Enlarge the radius of the residents parking zones around the ground?

I catch a train or bus up now. im down in edmonton now if i drive up,right down.

so it is working.

Would be great if the club could purchase the pea**** industrial estate as well, building more flats, Hotel, multi storey, franchise establishments like an Imax Cinema, Sports bars, Next, Currys, Comet, and the obligatory Sports Direct, not forgetting a mahoosive Chicken King.

Please no. Irving Scholar got us into the property business leading to our financial troubles in the late 90s. Its take 20 years to get us back to "big five" status. Ken Bates also nearly put Chelsea under leading to the Roman conquest. Property speculation is a potential disaster. Specific plans to make a new stadium possible, like Arsenal's Highbury development and our enabling develoments are a necessary gamble. But note the delays in the expected revenues on the Highbury development (and Queensland Rd development?) made things difficult for Arsenal for a few years.

In the planning application the club estimated that 13-15,000 supporters currently travel by car. The target in the s106 agreement is that at least 77% will travel by non-car mode in future. That means no more than 23% (13,000 out of 56,000) by car - ie. fewer than at present despite the increased capacity.

The club are required to pay for surveys to measure supporters' methods of transport. Until the target is met for 5 consecutive seasons the club are required to fund and implement agreed measures to support non-car use and to continue funding surveys.

Please no. Irving Scholar got us into the property business leading to our financial troubles in the late 90s. Its take 20 years to get us back to "big five" status. Ken Bates also nearly put Chelsea under leading to the Roman conquest. Property speculation is a potential disaster. Specific plans to make a new stadium possible, like Arsenal's Highbury development and our enabling develoments are a necessary gamble. But note the delays in the expected revenues on the Highbury development (and Queensland Rd development?) made things difficult for Arsenal for a few years.

Half empty glass.

I agree property speculation is a gamble, but whilst the council are on side, maybe the club can take adavantage of certain scenarios whilst they lay on their backs and we tickle their tummies.

To put into perspective the size of this site, I have superimposed the IMAX screen building from Waterloo (biggest screen in the south) using the same aspect ratio ontop of the what will be the old Sainsbury building.

Having a massive Imax screen in the North of London would be great IMO, you can see, unlike other cinemas they sell out every single showing and will bring trade to the area.

This sort of thing is what the area needs.

bfiwaterloo.jpg

In the planning application the club estimated that 13-15,000 supporters currently travel by car. The target in the s106 agreement is that at least 77% will travel by non-car mode in future. That means no more than 23% (13,000 out of 56,000) by car - ie. fewer than at present despite the increased capacity.

The club are required to pay for surveys to measure supporters' methods of transport. Until the target is met for 5 consecutive seasons the club are required to fund and implement agreed measures to support non-car use and to continue funding surveys.

So, say that figure 13,000 fans. Say the average fans per car is 3. That means some 4,333 cars invade the area.

Imagine them all paying for the pleasure.

In the next picture I have superimposed a shopping centres car park area, it has two levels and is in a C shape, missed out middle area is the shopping centre,

This multistorey on two levels can hold 1200 cars.

Therefore I do not see how a mutistorey being viable.

4 stories 2400. But we would need double that, so therefore the whole pea**** estate would need to be covered in multistorey to cover the car entering the area on gameday.

multistorey.jpg

Saying that, could you imagine 4 stories high multistorey and within the c shape large franchise type places like as I said Imax, Currys, comet, Boots, Nando's, Chick king, Burger King, carphone, etc etc

2400 parking spaces would go along way in solving traffic issues.

i know a bit far fetched idea but why don't the club buy the land where the present sainsburys is turn it into a giant car park for the first couple of years when the new staduim opens,say charge £3/4 for parking at the same time you buy your match day ticket,therefore creating less hassle in looking for a space to park on matchday. if it creates a bit more easier flow of traffic before and after the game due to the increase attendance because its just off the north circular may help the situation,if it doesn't sell the land back.

Parking near WHL isn't the issue - I do it all the time. It's gettin in and out that's the issue.

If the club/council really want to improve transport in the area, they need to remove the bus & cycle lanes and thin the pavement to create extra lanes. Then remove all central barriers and put in a contra-flow where all but one lane heads towards the ground before kickoff and all but one away after.

I think what they need to do is stop pandering to people who want to drive to the ground altogether. I'd limit the number of spaces radically and make it practically impossible to park within two miles of the stadium unless you've got a resident permit. People would get used to the idea that if they're not local, they either take public transport or they park further out and they walk. The idea even more people should be encouraged to pour in here in their cars on match days is ridiculous.

I think what they need to do is stop pandering to people who want to drive to the ground altogether. I'd limit the number of spaces radically and make it practically impossible to park within two miles of the stadium unless you've got a resident permit. People would get used to the idea that if they're not local, they either take public transport or they park further out and they walk. The idea even more people should be encouraged to pour in here in their cars on match days is ridiculous.

They could ban all those unofficial car parks that spring up on match day.

Why would they do that?

Plenty of fans want to and do drive to stadia, there's no sensible reason why bureaucratic council Trotskyites should try and stop them. It's not like the locals are driving about on match days, it's just the fans.

They could ban all those unofficial car parks that spring up on match day.

I doubt even Haringey will try to tell people what they can and can't do with their own private land.

Why would they do that?

Plenty of fans want to and do drive to stadia, there's no sensible reason why bureaucratic council Trotskyites should try and stop them. It's not like the locals are driving about on match days, it's just the fans.

In order to persuade people to modify their behaviour.

I'm not driving about on match day, no, (a) because I'm at the game and (b) because even if I weren't, it would be nigh on impossible to get anywhere. My neighbour might wish to, though, but they can't, because if they do make the attempt, their parking place will be occupied for three hours when they come back.

In order to persuade people to modify their behaviour.

I'm not driving about on match day, no, (a) because I'm at the game and (b) because even if I weren't, it would be nigh on impossible to get anywhere. My neighbour might wish to, though, but they can't, because if they do make the attempt, their parking place will be occupied for three hours when they come back.

If your neighbors parking space is on the street then yes, someone else will park there, because it's not actually your neighbors parking space.

If your neighbors parking space is on the street then yes, someone else will park there, because it's not actually your neighbors parking space.

I have lived in a house where they parked in your yard to go to a match at the stadium down the street. If you're out driving at the time you won't have a place to park when you get home. Everyone rented, so hard to know if it was someone living there or visiting that had parked there.

Back