• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Saudi Sportswashing Machine didnt sell Sissoko to us for £6m a season in a deal that we could cancel at any time.
He's brick but worth more than £6m.

Every few weeks on here this absolute garbage comes up from someone who doesn't want to believe we were that stupid to pay £30m for him.

It was started by this idiot on twitter
He put his own spin on a London Evening Standard article http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-mauricio-pochettino-wanted-the-a3334451.html

Here's the author's twitter https://twitter.com/TomCStandard/with_replies

Here's him trying to explain what he meant

just read that article of yours, @TomCStandard RE Sissoko, Saudi Sportswashing Machine will only receive £30m if he stays at Spurs for duration?

@hillyon No, they'll get their £30m, but when he's ultimately sold that will be part of the negotiations with the buying club.

So the reality is Saudi Sportswashing Machine will get their £30m. We are paying it.

If we sell early then the fee we get for Sissoko will go towards paying the instalments. But we are still paying £30m.

What Collomose is trying to say instead of the buyer giving us the money and us giving Saudi Sportswashing Machine the money, whats likely to happens is the buyer will just give Saudi Sportswashing Machine the money directly. That is his definition of us not paying it.

Paul O Keefe ‏@pokeefe1 4h4 hours ago @TomCStandard this 6 mill a year is for full amount yeah and not if he leaves we stop paying? Surely that's not right?

Tom CollomosseVerified account‏@TomCStandard@pokeefe1 No, but clearly it would be renegotiated if he did leave. Ie, they sell him to Marseille, that would be part of renegotiation 1/2

Tom CollomosseVerified account@TomCStandard@pokeefe1 (2/2) so you don't carry on paying for him if he leaves.

The reality is transfer fees are usually paid in installments and this type of thing happens all the time.

Is this just not a £6m per season loan deal for 5 seasons then?

All fair comments, I'm not even saying he will turn out to be the player we are hoping for - just that a more appropriate amount of time should be given to judge before making conclusions...

Well Poch is the one with the inside scoop not me, and it is Poch who is calling him out

Well Poch is the one with the inside scoop not me, and it is Poch who is calling him out
Indeed. But let's not make a meal out of what Poch has said, he needs to work hard and prove his worth to the team/squad. He was obviously just answering a question about why Sissoko wasn't included and there has been no indication that Poch doesn't acknowledge he needs more time....

Indeed. But let's not make a meal out of what Poch has said, he needs to work hard and prove his worth to the team/squad. He was obviously just answering a question about why Sissoko wasn't included and there has been no indication that Poch doesn't acknowledge he needs more time....

Nobody is making a meal out of it, but the player needs to get his brick together irrespective of what Poch says.

I can't remember a time when Poch has publicly called a player out for lack of effort/quality and the fact that he specific the money paid AND named the other players he included instead of Sissoko is also significant. I assume that he knows that this is how Sissoko will be motivated to be selected for the match day squad.

It's not about his age, you have to be a certain type of player to fit into Pochs system otherwise you are exposed very quickly. I want to see a full pre season where he is then in suitable physical,tactical and mental fitness for our style of play then I'll make more defining opinions about whether he's needed or not.

Many had decided Dembele wasn't good enough for Poch until he properly got him going, and I'm pretty sure he's older than Sissoko too....

Well I disagree, I think age is an important factor in this conversation. At 27 he is supposed to be the finished article and not burdened with the the inconsistency of youth like Dele, or the inexperience at this level of Janssen, and as such more is expected from this seasoned French international

I can't remember a time when Poch has publicly called a player out for lack of effort/quality and the fact that he specific the money paid AND named the other players he included instead of Sissoko is also significant. I assume that he knows that this is how Sissoko will be motivated to be selected for the match day squad.
Exactly,normally players Poch doesn't fancy are just excluded from game time and moved on with minimal fuss. Pochs response to Sissoko suggests to me it's a motivational tool....

Well I disagree, I think age is an important factor in this conversation. At 27 he is supposed to be the finished article and not burdened with the the inconsistency of youth like Dele, or the inexperience at this level of Janssen, and as such more is expected from this seasoned French international
You are correct in that players should be approaching their peak, I was talking about age as a factor in being able to play for Poch which I see was different to your reference of age. But regardless of being at your peak age, you aren't going to perform to peak of your powers if you're not settled in all aspects. He's been here three months, is that enough time for him to be properly settled in his personal life, to comfortably adapt to a new system,mentality and physical demands of a new club? I suggest not and it's these types of aspects that fans so easily forget to consider and why so many have to admit their surprise at how player X has improved a year or two down the line....

You are correct in that players should be approaching their peak, I was talking about age as a factor in being able to play for Poch which I see was different to your reference of age. But regardless of being at your peak age, you aren't going to perform to peak of your powers if you're not settled in all aspects. He's been here three months, is that enough time for him to be properly settled in his personal life, to comfortably adapt to a new system,mentality and physical demands of a new club? I suggest not and it's these types of aspects that fans so easily forget to consider and why so many have to admit their surprise at how player X has improved a year or two down the line....
There are many salient points in your post, but to harp on and on and on (and on), this is one time that Poch has publicly questioned the attitude of a player. Janssen is getting picked despite being the worst player to wear the Spurs shirt (including some of the new borns and toddlers who have them) according to many on here and Wimmer found his way back in and was not called out by Poch when he seemingly went missing. Something is clearly different about how Sissoko is behaving. Perhaps Hugo can have a word in a language he understands (and I don't mean the language of love).

But regardless of being at your peak age, you aren't going to perform to peak of your powers if you're not settled in all aspects. He's been here three months, is that enough time for him to be properly settled in his personal life, to comfortably adapt to a new system,mentality and physical demands of a new club? I suggest not and it's these types of aspects that fans so easily forget to consider and why so many have to admit their surprise at how player X has improved a year or two down the line....

I understand and accept the idea of requiring time to settle if you are a young player or if you are coming from another country however the thought of having to wait 6 to 12 months for a player to settle when he has been playing in this league for the past 3 seasons concerns me greatly.

There are many salient points in your post, but to harp on and on and on (and on), this is one time that Poch has publicly questioned the attitude of a player. Janssen is getting picked despite being the worst player to wear the Spurs shirt (including some of the new borns and toddlers who have them) according to many on here and Wimmer found his way back in and was not called out by Poch when he seemingly went missing. Something is clearly different about how Sissoko is behaving. Perhaps Hugo can have a word in a language he understands (and I don't mean the language of love).
This 'public question' or 'calling out publicly' is what I was referring to regarding making a meal out of what was said. Poch seems to tell it how it is and it's no surprise to me anyway that when asked why Sissoko wasn't in the squad he said because he hasn't performed in training or whatever exactly he said. He would have been asked this by the media because he was a big money signing, do you think he's ever been asked by the media why Wimmer wasn't included in a squad? Point being Poch just answered the question honestly, and besides lying and saying he's injured which doesn't strike me as his style I don't see what else he should have said.Doesnt mean it was some sort of major deliberate public criticism....

I have always wondered the origins to the expression, lets not make a meal out of it.

I understand and accept the idea of requiring time to settle if you are a young player or if you are coming from another country however the thought of having to wait 6 to 12 months for a player to settle when he has been playing in this league for the past 3 seasons concerns me greatly.

He has been playing for a provincial pub side though - I mean there the third best side in thein region

Also he hasn't actually had a proper manager in that time too

But that doesn't excuse effort which he needs to get to Pochs level

This 'public question' or 'calling out publicly' is what I was referring to regarding making a meal out of what was said. Poch seems to tell it how it is and it's no surprise to me anyway that when asked why Sissoko wasn't in the squad he said because he hasn't performed in training or whatever exactly he said. He would have been asked this by the media because he was a big money signing, do you think he's ever been asked by the media why Wimmer wasn't included in a squad? Point being Poch just answered the question honestly, and besides lying and saying he's injured which doesn't strike me as his style I don't see what else he should have said.Doesnt mean it was some sort of major deliberate public criticism....
It was, in my opinion, a deliberate criticism. There is no requirement for any manager/head coach to answer press questions honestly. Poch could have said he chose the squad that he thought was best suited to play against Cheat$ki, he could have lied and said Sissoko was not fit or given any number of answers or not answered at all. But to publicly say what he said is significant. A public admonition about Sissoko's behaviour/performance in an effort to motivate an expensive, highly paid player.

It was, in my opinion, a deliberate criticism. There is no requirement for any manager/head coach to answer press questions honestly. Poch could have said he chose the squad that he thought was best suited to play against Cheat$ki, he could have lied and said Sissoko was not fit or given any number of answers or not answered at all. But to publicly say what he said is significant. A public admonition about Sissoko's behaviour/performance in an effort to motivate an expensive, highly paid player.

Remember the statement that Soldado was "in his plans" a week or two before being sold?
Poch can tell a porkie to not give any undue headline like the best of 'em..

However, maybe he is being less of a bs-er these days....remember the brutal "they are not in my plans" statement before the Aussie pre-season tour re Bentaleb, Pritchard and Fazio?
Perhaps a year ago he wouldn't have been so brutal..maybe as well as looking more like a badger he is gaining the sentiment of one too:eek:

To be fair I think its a bit of both as I did think he said to use as a motivational tool, but I don't think it was some sort of pre meditated intention to public criticise/humiliate or whatever - just giving an honest answer of the situation....

I have always wondered the origins to the expression, lets not make a meal out of it.

I suspect it's just an extension of the more literal meaning of the phrase, which is to stretch some meagre ration that you wouldn't expect to be enough to go round into a full meal somehow. Not making a meal of something then becomes not investing more energy in it or taking it any further than it warrants.

Pochettino said: “It’s not frustrating for me. It’s about football. We can see in football different things that happen. You sign a player and then you expect something, and you don’t find what you expected … If another deserved to be involved, like maybe [Georges-Kévin] Nkoudou or Josh Onomah, or [Vincent] Janssen, then why not? Just because we pay money [for someone], do they deserve to play? Sissoko needs to work hard and to show in future that he deserves to be on the team.” https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/27/mauricio-pochettino-moussa-sissoko-tottenham

Pochettino saying that Sissoko wasn't delivering what was expected when we signed him is a bit of a public questioning/calling out for me. Perhaps not more of a public questioning than what dropping him from the bench for youth players already is. But it draws more attention to Sissoko not performing, not less.

Back