• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

I will be interested to see that too but is it worth gambling our season on? Because if anything happens to Bentaleb, or he hits a poor run of form, we look very short of proven options.

For what it is worth, if Dembele is still with us on September 2nd, I suspect that he will play more as the defensive part of the holding two, alongside a passer or further forward.

This would, for me, be a disaster. The only possible role left for him at the club (IMO) is as part of an attacking three behind one…he must play as far forward as possible.

I would like us to give Bentaleb a chance to shine -- but having said that, if Poch really wants this player then we should make a very good effort to sign him. Backing the manager with "his" players is important, and a reason why we have fallen short in the past is because we haven't backed our managers enough with regards their transfer targets.

Bentaleb and Schneiderlin are going to be in two different roles though...

This would, for me, be a disaster. The only possible role left for him at the club (IMO) is as part of an attacking three behind one…he must play as far forward as possible.
I don't know. He is strong on the ball and reads the game well defensively. I think that he could have a future as a defensive midfielder who can break with the ball.

I cannot see him getting many opportunities further forwards and he hasn't really impressed there when we have played him there in the past.

I think one of the 2 needs to be a top ballplayer, but not necessarily both.

Remember at Soton Schneiderlin was partnered by Wanyama (a Poch signing) who is very Sandro-esque destroyer.

Wanyama has ability on the ball, more than Sandro anyway.....

Would be interesting to hear whether you think Wanyama has really good ability on the ball or you don't think much of Sandros technical ability. I think Sandro is good on the ball....

I don't know. He is strong on the ball and reads the game well defensively. I think that he could have a future as a defensive midfielder who can break with the ball.

I cannot see him getting many opportunities further forwards and he hasn't really impressed there when we have played him there in the past.

Agree that he's strong on the ball however problem is that dribbling skills arent that valuable for a CM who is playing just in front of the back 4 - in some ways they're a liability. He's never going to break meaningfully from that deep as if he dribbles and beats 1 then there's still plenty in front of him.

For me he's far too slow in using the ball to play as a deep CM - it stops our attacks. So I would either move him further forward, or sell him....and given that there are others ahead of him in teh queue in advanced positions plus with a Depay/Bernard/someone similar possibly coming in, I would probably flog him if we can get a sensible price for him

I really can't see the sense in having Dembele further forward. He's about the least creative player at the club. It would just move our bottleneck further up the pitch

For me his strengths are his pressing and positioning. If he could be taught to release the ball early and play the simple pass, he could become a good DM.

I totally disagree. I don't know where the concept that Sandro isn't capable on the ball has come from. I certainly think he uses it much more effectively than Paulinho or Dembele.

If we don't get Schneiderlin, my preferred pairing would be Sandro / bentaleb personally

I'd go Sandro-Bentaleb for bottom 13 games, and Sandro-Capoue against the other top 7 sides.

Agree that he's strong on the ball however problem is that dribbling skills arent that valuable for a CM who is playing just in front of the back 4 - in some ways they're a liability. He's never going to break meaningfully from that deep as if he dribbles and beats 1 then there's still plenty in front of him.

For me he's far too slow in using the ball to play as a deep CM - it stops our attacks. So I would either move him further forward, or sell him....and given that there are others ahead of him in teh queue in advanced positions plus with a Depay/Bernard/someone similar possibly coming in, I would probably flog him if we can get a sensible price for him

Yeah I just struggle to see a role for him moving forwards.

He's not as good a DM as Sandro or Capoue, and he's not as good a ballplayer as any of Bentaleb, Capoue or Sandro.

It's frustrating as there was potential if he'd been coached better as a younger player.

I really can't see the sense in having Dembele further forward. He's about the least creative player at the club. It would just move our bottleneck further up the pitch

For me his strengths are his pressing and positioning. If he could be taught to release the ball early and play the simple pass, he could become a good DM.

His tackling is one of his main strengths isnt it? Im sure I read somewhere his tackle success rate was one of the best.....

I don't especially rate Sandro on the ball. He is OK but it isn't a stand out area of his game.

Would be interesting to hear whether you think Wanyama has really good ability on the ball or you don't think much of Sandros technical ability. I think Sandro is good on the ball....

they are both defensive midfielders, destroyers, i dont think being that good on the ball is absolutely vital.....its just that i personally feel Wanayama appears a bit more comfortable and progressive with his passing

Back