• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Monaco OMT

If we had two important fixtures BOTH in the league, say on a Wednesday and a Saturday, would this "let's rest x" debate even be going on!??!
It's Monaco, hardly far in comparison to other teams we've encountered, and will be a tough game. As LemonadeMoney pointed out, no one should need a rest yet!

Trippier in for Walker, N'Jie in for Son, the rest should pick itself. Why run the risk of playing Fazio, Vorm, Carroll etc. Go for the win and let's get in a strong group position first before we try rotating the squad.

We should be trying to win (and prioritise) this and the FA Cup, as we have a chance of winning them.
For anyone who thinks we should prioritise the league to get into the CL, why?, because we're not going to win that cup (and don't say to sign better players because it's more about how much you pay). Until we can offer big wages (stadium paid for), our players will get bought as soon as they show serious talent.
Therefore, know our level and bloody win something.
IMO.

We have more chance of finishing fourth than we do winning a cup.

Spurs_team.png

This is apparently the formation according to L-Equipe

Actually looks very realistic...

Wish I had BT Sport, computers broke so can' even use one of those watery things. Will be following using a live score insteD COYS

Forgot they had Coentrao. What a good fb he is! Was high on my wish list when the rumours circulated he wanted out of Madrid. Still got bags of energy and pace.

...And Toulalan. :eek:(

I think Lamela will play.

We have more chance of finishing fourth than we do winning a cup.

You honestly believe that? I strongly disagree. Most CL drop outs wont take this seriously and there isn't any team I can think of in it currently who are superior to us on paper. A fair few teams are pretty level with us but I think its by far our best chance of getting CL football.

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Alli
Eriksen Lamela Chadli
Kane

Vorm, Fazio, Wimmer, Njie, Townsend, Carroll, Winks​

Lloris (c), Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Alli, Dier; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane

subs: Vorm, Fazio, Wimmer, Carroll, Njie, Townsend, Winks

Want us to take this match seriously. We are always vulnerable after getting big wins against big teams. We tend to get complacent after getting brilliant wins. Hope it won't be the case in this match. After beating ManCity 4-1, everyone will be looking at how we do in this match. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a good result in this match.

Lloris (c), Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Alli, Dier; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane

subs: Vorm, Fazio, Wimmer, Carroll, Njie, Townsend, Winks

Nice to see us starting a strong team. I think players like Dier, Lamela and Alli needs to continue their good form. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality, play well and get a positive result !

We should be trying to win (and prioritise) this and the FA Cup, as we have a chance of winning them.
For anyone who thinks we should prioritise the league to get into the CL, why?, because we're not going to win that cup (and don't say to sign better players because it's more about how much you pay). Until we can offer big wages (stadium paid for), our players will get bought as soon as they show serious talent.
Therefore, know our level and bloody win something.
IMO.
I really hate this attitude that we should "know our level." Our performances so far have been very good and, if we had better luck, we could have easily been top of the league. So what is our level, anyway?

Want us to take this match seriously. We are always vulnerable after getting big wins against big teams. We tend to get complacent after getting brilliant wins. Hope it won't be the case in this match. After beating ManCity 4-1, everyone will be looking at how we do in this match. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a good result in this match.
Depends on what team we put out. If it is the same team as Saturday, yes. If it is a team with 60% of the squad rotated, maybe not so much.

EDIT: OK, it's almost the same team, so I would agree.

You honestly believe that? I strongly disagree. Most CL drop outs wont take this seriously and there isn't any team I can think of in it currently who are superior to us on paper. A fair few teams are pretty level with us but I think its by far our best chance of getting CL football.
As milo and I have said numerous times, one fluke result in a knock-out competition and you're out. Happens all the time. With the league you can always recover from a fluke result and even a few match dip in performance.

Back