• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Levy - End Of Season Letter

Yeah, I don't expect him to leave quietly through the backdoor.

I think that he will. There will be a clause in his settlement that makes him go quietly, the same as there has been with our previous managers.

Just walk down to the changing room after the game Daniel, show some balls and sack him infront of the players. Then sit back and enjoy tomorrow. Dare I say be the manager yourself for the day. lol

Solid statement from Levy as per usual.

I agree with most in this thread on the interpretation of what's going on.

hahahhaha you think that line was directed at Sherwood? that's funny.

It was probably aimed both at AVB and at Sherwood. By just about all reports Sherwood is done despite impressive results.

I think that he will. There will be a clause in his settlement that makes him go quietly, the same as there has been with our previous managers.

True. Might be some media reports from "sources", but probably very few quotes directly from Sherwood.

He's already dealt with AVB with the forced changes line. The mention of disappointed players makes it far more likely to be Timmeh.

Levy isn't the type to air his dirty linen in public. What he's got to say about AVB and Sherwood will have been behind closed doors. I just think that the letter sums up a disappointing season under both managers and the players have got a reason to be disappointed because they have not performed.

"Our challenge now is to ensure we are in the best possible position for the start of next season - a season in which we shall look for a new level of commitment and performance from all."

dig dig............obviously there have been some problems behind the scenes

nothing in that statement about spending to strengthen in the summer??

"Our challenge now is to ensure we are in the best possible position for the start of next season - a season in which we shall look for a new level of commitment and performance from all."

We don't really need drastic spending at all. Few incomings here and there but nothing major.

He said in the financial statement a couple months back that the squad was fine and we would only "strengthen in key areas" of the first team. Hopefully he means three things striker, LB and central midfielder.

Also, if it wasn't for Archways we'd be building the new stadium by now and 'pre-commencement works' means that money will hopefully be going elsewhere for a while but not for too long like the Nomads.

It's clear he shares the fans disappointment with the season, the performances and commitment and is demanding improvement.

We need a manager who can motivate players to play their hearts out for him, a manager such as Ferguson, Mourinho and Martinez.

levy needs to sort out the division of duties and the role of the group - comprising himself whom we know still hangs on tightly to the pursestrings, baldini and the coach. also the recruitment process should be better done, and a succession plan in place.

We don't really need drastic spending at all. Few incomings here and there but nothing major.

we have good "stock" so i do believe its going to be incomings and outgoings for a more balanced team. would be interesting to see if we can recoup the investments from the 7 players - baldinis first tranche!

Otherwise, I think the letter is as good as Levy could have written under the circumstances. He tries to stay on side with the fans which is always important under these circumstances.

Agree - he couldn't not have written a letter as the absence would have spoken volumes. However equally the lack of acknowledgement of Deadwood is striking. Hopefully he'll be gone within the next few days and the club can start to move forward again

Back