• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Is he better than Dani Carvajal? I think not. And Juanfran is under 33. And while Serge Aurier is dodgy off the pitch he is an excellent right back. Would you really complain if we lost Walker and gained Danilo? For the record I think Walker is the best right back in the league just not sure you can say best in the world under the age of 33. I just remembered Fabinho is no slouch as well.

Walker, Alves and Lahm are in a class of their own IMO, well above anyone else.

So you would have me believe that Walker is one of the top 3 right backs in the world and in the same vein you do not believe Wanyama is good enough to start for us. I do not get you at all

So you would have me believe that Walker is one of the top 3 right backs in the world and in the same vein you do not believe Wanyama is good enough to start for us. I do not get you at all

Maybe you shouldn't try? Sometimes things cannot be understood.

Do you really not see any nuance in there at all?

Pretty much every club in modern football has or wants a full back that plays the way Walker does. Not everyone wants a defensive player like Wanyama in midfield. If we take as read that we will be playing with that sort of player then Wanyama is as good as a club our size has a right to expect. But if we want two passers in midfield then clearly it's not his area of expertise.

Do you really not see any nuance in there at all?

Pretty much every club in modern football has or wants a full back that plays the way Walker does. Not everyone wants a defensive player like Wanyama in midfield. If we take as read that we will be playing with that sort of player then Wanyama is as good as a club our size has a right to expect. But if we want two passers in midfield then clearly it's not his area of expertise.
Wanyama is a pretty good passer IMO. Bit unfair to tag him as just a defensive player.

He's a very good passer for a defensive player. That's not nearly the same as being a good or even average creative player though.

True but then that isnt his role per se

What was clear last year wad he had the nous to get himself into some great scoring positions an really should have doubled his tally with some of his misses

Over simplified. Kane will stay here until he wants to leave. It doesnt matter how many trophies we win.

Same with any player then, but some want to win things sooner then later so IF we do not win things soon there will be a few looking elsewhere.

True but then that isnt his role per se

What was clear last year wad he had the nous to get himself into some great scoring positions an really should have doubled his tally with some of his misses
That was the point I was making.

I wouldn't choose a player of Wanyama's type and I think that's what @Gutter Boy was saying too

You cannot put Walker in that class, no way.

Alves and Lahm are on a far superior level to Walker in the attacking 3rd. Walker has pace, defensively he has improved, but there is plenty of work to do with his crossing and final ball in the attacking areas.

Alves and Lahm have been the perfect full backs, just brilliant at everything.

No matter where they are playing or what the have won they all want go to Real, Barca and Bayern.

Alternatively, Kane could be to Tottenham what Shearer was to Saudi Sportswashing Machine who rejected the biggest and most successful team in the country to play for his boyhood club. Even more so if he were able to win just one title with us.

As I said earlier, bottom line I think we are guaranteed to have him for the next 2 years then we will see how things lie. At the very least if stays without us winning a title he would need to be on £200K plus a week and even that would be no guarantee

You cannot put Walker in that class, no way.

Alves and Lahm are on a far superior level to Walker in the attacking 3rd. Walker has pace, defensively he has improved, but there is plenty of work to do with his crossing and final ball in the attacking areas.

Alves and Lahm have been the perfect full backs, just brilliant at everything.

Lahm I agree

Alves has made his name for his attacking and is IMO another great defensively

Helps he has played in such dominant sides

Back