• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

How is Levy to blame if a player has been distracted? Walker DOES not want to remain at Spurs. That has been clear to me since the last few weeks of the past season. His head has been turned. The only thing Levy can do is either not sell Walker or sell him. It doesnt mean Spurs is a selling club. I cant think of one player at any club who was unsettled and stayed for more than one season. If Levy decides to sell, his decision may be to sell Walker out of the country. That is something that I would purposefully do especially when the rumour is that he is homesick. Eff that!

It doesn't work though in practice. Not once have we sold a top player and improved overall. It just sets us back at least 2 years

I beg to disagree. We sold Modric and Bale and without them achieved our highest position. Meanwhile with them we couldnt even finish third!

Or is it Berbatov and Keane - we sold them and got into the Champs League a couple of seasons later. Players will leave. You cant force them to stay. However Spurs history shows that the club improved further when Berbatov, Keane, Modric, Bale, Carrick left.

Last edited:
Would winning a FA cup STOP e.g. Walker leaving?
Would a new contract on £300k pw keep him?

Now be honest!

You/we see things from a totally different perspective to the top players.

Winning a cup or even wages will not keep a player if they want to go. Case 1 - You win a trophy. Player will say he needs a new challenge or he wishes to join Real or Barca to play with much better players. Case 2 - You offer a new contract on 300k. Player can still decide to move. Some clubs if they want him will match the wage.

The only thing that can stop players from moving is the player himself. Look at David Beckham. He won a lot of trophies and was one of the highest paid. Yet he worked for a move out of Utd. Ditto a lot of players. Loyalty depends on the player. Look at King - He stayed here for many years despite the poor trophy haul, despite the low wages compared with other clubs.

I am very upset with Walker at the moment because I feel the first opportunity that a club comes sniffing for him, he decides to jump ship.

Replacements need to be equal or better than those on the field.

Look a Chelsea's Willian, Fabregas, Batbrickcrazy plus, I think you get my drift (can't think of many more):cool:
Not the likes of Sissoko an Janssen then academy players (but I'm a big fan of Winksy) but we need backups for midfielders, Importantly of a good quality (see Chelsea example)

But Jansenn was certainly no worse than Batbrick. Jansenn actually changed some games when he came on in some games. Chelsea are loooing to offload batbrick as he just doesn't carry a threat it seems

Sissoko actually created a few chances and was better than most think (which is really low) but is far from a decent player.

But actually our backfill compared to Willian is Son who IMO was better than him!!!!

Don't forget Chelsea didn't have to play as many games or change the team as much as they played once a week and were very lucky with injuries

Winning a cup or even wages will not keep a player if they want to go. Case 1 - You win a trophy. Player will say he needs a new challenge or he wishes to join Real or Barca to play with much better players. Case 2 - You offer a new contract on 300k. Player can still decide to move. Some clubs if they want him will match the wage.

The only thing that can stop players from moving is the player himself. Look at David Beckham. He won a lot of trophies and was one of the highest paid. Yet he worked for a move out of Utd. Ditto a lot of players. Loyalty depends on the player. Look at King - He stayed here for many years despite the poor trophy haul, despite the low wages compared with other clubs.

I am very upset with Walker at the moment because I feel the first opportunity that a club comes sniffing for him, he decides to jump ship.

I thought Beckham was pushed!

Walker hasn't said he wants to leave once, just the papers and he has no reason to say anything at all to be fair.

And players tend to want to go after they know what's on offer

I beg to disagree. We sold Modric and Bale and without them achieved our highest position. Meanwhile with them we couldnt even finish third!

Or is it Berbatov and Keane - we sold them and got into the Champs League a couple of seasons later. Players will leave. You cant force them to stay. However Spurs history shows that the club improved further when Berbatov, Keane, Modric, Bale, Carrick left.

It took us several years to properly replace all those players. They were all set backs that delayed progression

Berbatov > Kane
Keane > vdV
Modric > Dembele 2016 vintage
Bale > Son
Carrick > Modric

And helpfully we've been saved by our academy producing some gems.

The moneyball approach of selling your top player(s) to buy several others with potential never ever works

Last edited:
It took us several years to properly replace all those players. They were all set backs that delayed progression

Berbatov > Kane
Keane > vdV
Bale > Son
Carrick > Bale

The moneyball approach of selling your top player(s) to buy several others with potential never ever works

But we don't develop players with the aim of selling.

I'm certain had Bale, Modric or Berbatov not wanted to go and had they not considerably rocked the boat, Levy would have kept them.

When the situation develops that they do want to go, then it's only pragmatic for the greater harmony and long term prospects that we should sell.

The club, squad and team is bigger than any player.

Berbatov > Kane
Keane > vdV
Bale > Son
Carrick > Bale

Remind me of Sol Campbell. Even if we refuse to sell - What if the player runs down their contract and leaves? Levy has had to make decisions for the good of this club and that includes the timing of selling players. He has to take the long term view for the good of the club. If a player doesnt want to leave and is an integral part of the team, I doubt Levy would sell him. Every one of those five above put down tools and demanded to leave.

Also I still repeat - we have sold those players and gotten even better without those players. Kyle Walker IMHO is not irreplaceable and not in the class of the five mentioned above.

Remind me of Sol Campbell. Even if we refuse to sell - What if the player runs down their contract and leaves? Levy has had to make decisions for the good of this club and that includes the timing of selling players. He has to take the long term view for the good of the club. If a player doesnt want to leave and is an integral part of the team, I doubt Levy would sell him. Every one of those five above put down tools and demanded to leave.

Also I still repeat - we have sold those players and gotten even better without those players. Kyle Walker IMHO is not irreplaceable and not in the class of the five mentioned above.

Walker has 4 years left on his contract. He'll be only capable of playing for someone like Fulham by the time he's that old.

He's the best RB in the world under 33. He is irreplaceable

That is something that I would purposefully do especially when the rumour is that he is homesick. Eff that!

You would not be able to sell him abroad if he does not want to go abroad or if nobody abroad is eager to offer an acceptable fee

I think he will be sold to Emirates Marketing Project if they cough up, and I think they will, or he will stay.

looking for year on year improvement is short sighted, look at our improvement over the last 20 years, we've sold some wonderful players yet here we are

And now we have the best squad in 20 years, and if we do not improve we will eventually lose key players.

Kane may love Spurs but he will not stay here for ever if he continues to excel for us but we fail to win anything

Walker has 4 years left on his contract. He'll be only capable of playing for someone like Fulham by the time he's that old.

He's the best RB in the world under 33. He is irreplaceable

Is he better than Dani Carvajal? I think not. And Juanfran is under 33. And while Serge Aurier is dodgy off the pitch he is an excellent right back. Would you really complain if we lost Walker and gained Danilo? For the record I think Walker is the best right back in the league just not sure you can say best in the world under the age of 33. I just remembered Fabinho is no slouch as well.

Last edited:
And now we have the best squad in 20 years, and if we do not improve we will eventually lose key players.

Kane may love Spurs but he will not stay here for ever if he continues to excel for us but we fail to win anything

As long as the likes of Real and Barca are bigger clubs than Spurs, we will lose key players.

Its as simple as that ( imo).

Back