• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jay Rodriguez

I would, whats wrong with Chadli? hardly had a chance has he?

We need two LWFs and we only have one. It's the only position we don't have two senior players for now.

Poch isn't happy with Chadli tho

He tried to sign Griezmann and is going after Rodriguez who both would be a lwf. Id say its a safe bet he's after a lot of players but so far hasn't got his man/men (which is probably why we left to so late to go for the Southampton duo)
If he ends up sticking with Chadli id say it would be down to none of his targets coming in than actually rating him

personally i think he wanted Depay and Griezmann but can't get them and is going for Rodriguez as a last resort

I don't think there's anything to suggest we tried for Griezmann - he was always out of our league.

Kono, Depay and Rodriguez look to be our 3 on the table. Moving for Vorm, Davies and Schneiderlin suggests EPL- experienced is the watchword of this window, and why Rodriguez may be top of that list of 3

He tried to sign Griezmann and is going after Rodriguez who both would be a lwf. Id say its a safe bet he's after a lot of players but so far hasn't got his man/men (which is probably why we left to so late to go for the Southampton duo)
If he ends up sticking with Chadli id say it would be down to none of his targets coming in than actually rating him

personally i think he wanted Depay and Griezmann but can't get them and is going for Rodriguez as a last resort

I don't know what exactly in my post this is in response to, but it was certainly implied in my post that if there are players Poch isn't happy about and wants to get rid that's fine by me - almost without exception.

the problem with Chadli is i dont see the motivation, the urgency, he looks heavy and slow......imo i dont see much of a future for him at spurs

The only reason I think he is a footballer is because I've seen him in a spurs shirt. Technically he looks poor and I think your description hits the nail in the head

Anyone playing a wide forward riel nowadays has to be able to create, score and work bloody hard. It's what the likes of Mourinho looks for hence why the German lad at Chelsea is so bloody good. He works his socks of and does all of the above with little fuss

Whoever we play wide they have to put a shift in and I don't think I've ever seen Chadli put it anywhere beat a shift IMO. Regardless of settling in time.... You still have to put the effort in

The only reason I think he is a footballer is because I've seen him in a spurs shirt. Technically he looks poor and I think your description hits the nail in the head

Anyone playing a wide forward riel nowadays has to be able to create, score and work bloody hard. It's what the likes of Mourinho looks for hence why the German lad at Chelsea is so bloody good. He works his socks of and does all of the above with little fuss

Whoever we play wide they have to put a shift in and I don't think I've ever seen Chadli put it anywhere beat a shift IMO. Regardless of settling in time.... You still have to put the effort in

I'm confident that any player who dons a Spurs shirt this season (and for as long as Poch is manager) will have to work his socks off every game if he wants to stay in the team.

work bloody hard. It's what the likes of Mourinho looks for hence why the German lad at Chelsea is so bloody good. He works his socks of and does all of the above with little fuss

Schurrle is built like a marathon runner, very slim and wiry. Chadli is built like a middleweight boxer, more powerful but not able to run so far.

Schurrle is built like a marathon runner, very slim and wiry. Chadli is built like a middleweight boxer, more powerful but not able to run so far.

I use to box mate and when you train for boxing you run miles. The problem is the lack of effort not the Build surely?!?!? And the lack of decent aptitude and possibly tehnique

I use to box mate and when you train for boxing you run miles. The problem is the lack of effort not the Build surely?!?!? And the lack of decent aptitude and possibly tehnique

But there is a reason marathon runners are built more like Steve Gerrard than Didier Drogba

But there is a reason marathon runners are built more like Steve Gerrard than Didier Drogba

Yeah because they run a 26 mile race... We need a player to run 7 miles a game on the wing. That's the premier league norm now. And drogba for a big lad still worked his **** off.

Considering that Poch has not seen him train as he was only back this week, can you please enlighten us how you know this?

These flippant comments really p**s me off! If you don;t like the player just say so; but to give him this label on nothing more than your personal dislike of the player is frankly pathetic

Considering that Poch has not seen him train as he was only back this week, can you please enlighten us how you know this?

These flippant comments really p**s me off! If you don;t like the player just say so; but to give him this label on nothing more than your personal dislike of the player is frankly pathetic

or is it you not reading above missing half the conversation voiding your comment thats pathetic?

mug

Yeah because they run a 26 mile race... We need a player to run 7 miles a game on the wing. That's the premier league norm now. And drogba for a big lad still worked his **** off.

Marathon runners also don't need to fend off other players when trying to win/hold up a football.

Marathon runners also don't need to fend off other players when trying to win/hold up a football.

True, and there also running with the ball at their feet (footballers)

Chaldi however has shown very little of either of the characterics. For his size he should boss the physical side but he hasn't yet in any games that I've seen... And he rarely runs anywhere with the ball

What I would say is why on earth did ****wood play him in the holding two so many times last season I'll never know as that's clearly not a role he is strong at. What I'd like to see is what he is string/good at because he had a great reputation and a good record for scoring before he came and he has really shown very little for us IMO

Chaldi however has shown very little of either of the characterics. For his size he should boss the physical side but he hasn't yet in any games that I've seen... And he rarely runs anywhere with the ball

What I would say is why on earth did ****wood play him in the holding two so many times last season I'll never know as that's clearly not a role he is strong at. What I'd like to see is what he is string/good at because he had a great reputation and a good record for scoring before he came and he has really shown very little for us IMO

He has looked far from convincing when he has put on our shirt. However i think the same and Alotofdross Townsend, you can bet that if we are one nil down with 90 on the clock he will put his head down and look to shoot from 20 yards when a simple pass could have put his team mate through.

These two players are currently out for speculation at the moment, I dont think they have done anything to live up to the media hype from previous.

I think that you have give all of last year's signings the benefit of the doubt considering the instability at the club. Even our so called successful signing, Eriksen, was largely inconsistent but just to lesser extent than the others. Chadli had a few good moments that I can remember, he looks like he has a decent cross and shot, but his poor form was not a whole lot different than anyone else for the most part. I get that Poch trusts and wants Rodriguez but this is looking unlikely now so I'd like to see what Chadli could do within Poch's high pressing, quick passing framework. It might work.

I think that you have give all of last year's signings the benefit of the doubt considering the instability at the club. Even our so called successful signing, Eriksen, was largely inconsistent but just to lesser extent than the others. Chadli had a few good moments that I can remember, he looks like he has a decent cross and shot, but his poor form was not a whole lot different than anyone else for the most part. I get that Poch trusts and wants Rodriguez but this is looking unlikely now so I'd like to see what Chadli could do within Poch's high pressing, quick passing framework. It might work.

Fair comments. I just want players on on merit playing a cohesive system and working their **** off. It Chadli or Townsend can do that then I'll back them 100%. We can carry a few luxury players to a point but they have to deliver and the likes of eriksen has done that (luxury doesn't mean lazy just one who doesn't do defending as well as he could).
I like Rodriguez but I don't see why we would sign him when we have a lot of others who do the same Job first and haven't been given a chance under the new man.

Depay seems to be available. A cheaper and more acquirable solution to the left attacking midfield slot?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-tottenham-target-memphis-3968368?

Manchester United and Tottenham target Memphis Depay has admitted for the first time that he could leave PSV Eindhoven this summer.

The Dutch starlet impressed onlookers at the World Cup after a breakthrough Eredivisie campaign.

And the winger was bullish that it will be he, not anyone else, who decides where his future lies.

"I have done my time at PSV but if nice clubs from big leagues ask, I will think about it. There is lots of interest but it is definitely an option to stay."

"I understand fans want me to play well this season in Eindhoven, but I'm one who decides how my career will look, no one else."

The 20-year-old is one of a number of widemen being looked at by Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino as he looks to reshape Spurs' squad, but is also understood to have impressed Louis van Gaal at close quarters in Brazil.

Sounds like a bit of a brat imo. Guaranteed he'll be having a tantrum in 3-4 years if we signed him.

What basis is there for wanting Depay or Konoplyanka over Jay Rodriguez? Other than them being foreign of course.

What basis is there for wanting Depay or Konoplyanka over Jay Rodriguez? Other than them being foreign of course.

From my view their both potentially cheaper, and are genuine wide forwards/wingers rather than a centre forward playing wide. Neither I'm aware of has had a major injury problem so would be available to play now and both would have some potential resale value whereas I believe Rodruiguez is possibly at the top of his bracket (may be wrong there)

Rodriguez scored plenty of goals last season and deserves credit and if happily take hi to be fair but hopefully my answers above highlight why the alternatives may (I emphasise may ) be better

Back