• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Transfer Deadline Day Specials
Singles only Applies to the first cliche said by Jim White live on Sky Sports News between 9-11pm. Exact phrase must be said in its entirity to count. Bets are void if no phrase is said in full.

You'll hear it here first5/1
Two phones20/1
Completed a dream move40/1
The clock is ticking5/1
Before the window slams shut20/1
The Tevez saga is over40/1
We can now reveal5/1
Sensational breaking news25/1
Come and get me plea40/1
A Sky Sports exclusive5/1
Have swooped to sign25/1
Looks set to snub40/1
Put pen to paper11/2
The eleventh hour25/1
Spotted at the airport50/1

Last minute business9/1
damp squid25/1
Dismissed reports linking him with a move50/1
If this is true9/1
Twitter is in meltdown33/1
Gary Cotterill outside Spurs Lodge50/1
Spotted at the training ground18/1
Spotted entering the ground33/1
I'm like a kid on xmas eve66/1
Hold on to your hats20/1
Weighing up his options40/1
Are football clubs the only people who still use fax machines?80/1
Sky sources have informed me20/1
Dipped into the transfer market40/1
Right out of leftfield80/1

Does anyone remember Tevez at West Ham before he started using them as a stepping stone to greater things? He was nothing, nothing came off, couldn't score to save his life, he didn't have the players around him. Now I'm not comparing Rodallega to Tevez in any way shape or form, completely different players but Rodallega is a striker, who's fast and strong and playing in one of the best leagues in the world, with Bale, Lennon, Adebayor, VDV and Modric all supplying him, he could be a real handful for many teams. Let's just see what happens if we do sign him instead of jumping on his back right away

Zamora for Pav would be about the only one of that bunch worth taking. Zamora can hold the ball up well which is what we need if Ade gets crocked. He's no prolific but then again neither is Ade.

Looks like we went in for Remy and Leandro but didn't come across with a big enough bid. It's good we are trying for these players and just maybe Levy might go back in with a bigger offer and pull the proverbial rabbit out of the whatever.

If we sign Ade on a perm. deal that would be decent business.

im getting excited about Rodallega, worth a punt

will be just our luck if he ends up somewhere else

Does anyone remember Tevez at West Ham before he started using them as a stepping stone to greater things? He was nothing, nothing came off, couldn't score to save his life, he didn't have the players around him. Now I'm not comparing Rodallega to Tevez in any way shape or form, completely different players but Rodallega is a striker, who's fast and strong and playing in one of the best leagues in the world, with Bale, Lennon, Adebayor, VDV and Modric all supplying him, he could be a real handful for many teams. Let's just see what happens if we do sign him instead of jumping on his back right away

Rodallega has had plenty of time to show what he's made of. It turns out he's made of poo.

If Pav played in every fcuking game like Ade does - I'm putting my **** on the block and saying he'd have 10 goals by now.

Everyone turns brick on the bench after 6 months and no match fitness - why invest in some useless cloggers who'd cost us wages to sit on the bench? How about players who can make a difference and fight/push for a starting spot instead, ones which have potential and are under 34 years old?
For me It's not about match fitness but effort. I appreciate that Pav feels badly treated and like he doesn't get a chance but then whenever he does get a chance he doesn't give Redknapp enough reasons to pick him again. Surely the minimum we can expect is some effort and workrate? If Pav added that to the obvious goalscoring talent he has then he would be rotating with Adebayor and sometimes even playing alongside him. I would swap Pavyluchenko for Rodellega in a heartbeat. He might not have as much talent as Pav but at least he puts himself about and tries to make things happen. Rodellega would also be more of a direct replacement for Adebayor in terms of him being able to play as the lone player up front, having a bit of pace and being prepared to run the channels.

We'll see what happens if he signs then.
How bizarre would it be if he played tonight against us and was a Spurs player a few hours later. I just can't see that happening. What if he bloody scored against us!! How crap a start would that be to your Spurs career.

If he doesn't line out tonight for Wigan then I'm turning over the SSN to see Jim White's head explode.

The agent of Roman Pavlyuchenko has rubbished reports claiming his client has suffered a falling out with the Tottenham coaching team, but he has refused to rule out the prospect of the Russian striker making a move before Tuesday's deadline.

QPR defender Matthew Connolly has joined Reading on loan, supports the suggestion that Khumalo is going elsewhere.

Leeds have confirmed Adam Smith joining them.

Everton have confirmed they have agreed a fee for Jelavic.

Lucho returns to Porto from Marseille.

Rodallega has had plenty of time to show what he's made of. It turns out he's made of poo.

Wigan are pretty brick themselves though arent they. Id be depressed playing for them, half empty ground every other week, no investment in the team etc

who knows what he might achieve at a club like Spurs,if the price is right bring him on down i tell thee

SSN claims Fulham will bid for Odemwingie after failing to land Barrios as replacement for Zamora.

BBC Sport's @philmcnulty says Louis Saha from Everton to Spurs #efc #thfc is a "done deal

Krasic is also possible, so we could end up with Saha and Krasic coming in on loan. Would definitely add more to our team, fresh faces, better depth, would probably see Pav and Pienaar move on too I'd imagine

Louis Saha to Spurs, Twitter going mental d'oh! :-S

If we do go for Saha who is 33, that will be going back on our progress by signing old players. Will be really disappointed if we sign any players who are over 30 except for the goalkeeper.

Back