• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

****in' 'ell!

Anyone else as bored as I am with these jokes about how soon the next manager will be in?

Get a new schtick, fellas!

Some are. But regardless of whether they are or they aren't, I still find it boring.

Cynicism is just lazy thinking.

I know what you mean but...you can't escape the fact that if you're managing here longer than 2 seasons, you're doing well.

Then again, thats applicable to the vast majority of teams in the PL these days....

I know what you mean but...you can't escape the fact that if you're managing here longer than 2 seasons, you're doing well.

Then again, thats applicable to the vast majority of teams in the PL these days....

Exactly. There's nothing out of the ordinary about the way Tottenham is run.

Who: Grey Fox
When: 17th July
Where: SC

We have recieved bids for three of our players and placed bids on at least 5 to come in, with 2 accepted. Its all about wether the individuals concerned want to move either in or out as most have choices of more than one offer. We have had two bids for Dawson accepted and an enquiry about Rose (not a firm bid yet) thought to be Hull.

Poch is concerned about our our defence and how we move the ball from back to front wants some experience in the squad , but has been impressed with some of the younger players and attitude of the players he has been working with. Vertonghen is happy to give it at least another season and will almost certainly sign a new contract, almost doubling his wages.

Been told we after a couple of "big" named players, but wages will be a problem if we can't off load a few. Apologies for being vague about some of this, but been asked not to mention too many specifics. Although we are on tour there still might be some business done as everything has been agreed in principle before they left. I am a bit Meh about a couple and excited about the rest of names mentioned, but that is my own opinion.

Exactly. There's nothing out of the ordinary about the way Tottenham is run.

Exactly just look at Man Utd held up as the bastion of managerial stability for keeping the same bloke for 26 years. Only to fire the new bloke after a few months. Levy is no more trigger happy than any other chairman. He gets berated for wanting this club to continually improve.

People have to realise that modern football management has changed vastly in the last decade. The days of Fergie staying a quarter of a century at a club and someone like Wenger nearly 20 years will simply never happen again, not just in the premiership, but in the whole of europe. Even lots of successful managers move after 3 or 4 years. Its just the way it is now.

People expecting Poch to be here in 5 years and to plan his transfer windows over the next few years are going to be disappointed.

Who: Grey Fox
When: 17th July
Where: SC

We have recieved bids for three of our players and placed bids on at least 5 to come in, with 2 accepted. Its all about wether the individuals concerned want to move either in or out as most have choices of more than one offer. We have had two bids for Dawson accepted and an enquiry about Rose (not a firm bid yet) thought to be Hull.

Poch is concerned about our our defence and how we move the ball from back to front wants some experience in the squad , but has been impressed with some of the younger players and attitude of the players he has been working with. Vertonghen is happy to give it at least another season and will almost certainly sign a new contract, almost doubling his wages.

Been told we after a couple of "big" named players, but wages will be a problem if we can't off load a few. Apologies for being vague about some of this, but been asked not to mention too many specifics. Although we are on tour there still might be some business done as everything has been agreed in principle before they left. I am a bit Meh about a couple and excited about the rest of names mentioned, but that is my own opinion.

The most cliqued ITK bull**** line in history.

Exactly just look at Man Utd held up as the bastion of managerial stability for keeping the same bloke for 26 years. Only to fire the new bloke after a few months. Levy is no more trigger happy than any other chairman. He gets berated for wanting this club to continually improve.

I can't remember the exact stats off hand, but they were something like this:

Average EPL managerial lifespan - 1.5 years
Average EPL managerial lifespan excluding Wenger - 1.0 year
Average Levy managerial lifespan - 2.3 years

People have to realise that modern football management has changed vastly in the last decade. The days of Fergie staying a quarter of a century at a club and someone like Wenger nearly 20 years will simply never happen again, not just in the premiership, but in the whole of europe. Even lots of successful managers move after 3 or 4 years. Its just the way it is now.

People expecting Poch to be here in 5 years and to plan his transfer windows over the next few years are going to be disappointed.

3 years is a good innings these days.

If you aren't successful you'll not be given a 2nd summer transfer window. If you are successful bigger fish will move for you.

Tbh though that corresponds with most industries - you go stale if you stay in the same job longer than 3 years (certainly 5 should be an absolute maximum).

I think the only longer term planning (which is Baldini's job anyway, not Poch's) is perhaps to wait 12 months to see what happens to Rodriguez, rather than going for someone like Kono now.

So one ITK says no real 'ins and outs' or big name signings, just and focusing on a few youth signings and the other says plenty happening and possibly a couple big names.

:-s

The point is it is impossible to predict the future. If poch looks like he is taking the club somewhere, if he wins trophies or has us qualifying for the champs league and keeps his nose clean why wouldn't levy keep him for 5 years?

Back