• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Jasper on SO:

I am informed that bids are in on all our targets, and we will wait on those before we move on. Areas are obvious target wise.

Cheers Jasper. When you say areas are obvious target wise. I assume LB, CB, CM and maybe a striker if we move one on?

That's right.

Forgot to mention (FTM). Tevez's people trying to get buyers for him over here, and we have been approached. Targets is what media are on point with. Hope permit inquiry for 19 year old Argentinian attacking midfielder is positive, somehow doubt it from what I have heard.

Ginter, Dier, Lascelles and Stones. I'm happy we are looking for young, talented CB's that can hopefully become first team starters week in week out in the near future.

Tevez, age 30.
Scored 19 league goals in 31 apps last season, their highest goalscorer and won league.
Last year cost Juve £10m + £2m add on, 2 years left on contract.
Doesn't like bench warming.

Tevez, age 30.
Scored 19 league goals in 31 apps last season, their highest goalscorer and won league.
Last year cost Juve £10m + £2m add on, 2 years left on contract.
Doesn't like bench warming.

Bit of a dingdong, but Tevez is a quality player, argentine and high work rate .. hmmmmm

Wages probably beyond our reach, and I would be amazed if no one else wanted him.

With players who are EU nationals it would be illegal to limit on place of birth

Not strictly true. Sport is recognised as being different in the European treaties, although the extent to which it should be treated differently by the European Commission and ECJ is not made clear. However, where limits could be demonstrated to encourage the development and opportunity to play of local talent, they could be jusitified and ratified by the Commission.

The Commission ratified the current transfer fee system, even though technically it is contrary to Article 42, freedom to accept offers of employment actually made and freedom to move between member states for this purpose.

So for example, take Modric situation a couple of seasons back. He had an offer of employment from Chelsea, but was not free to accept that offer or move within the community to do so, as his employers were utilising FIFA transfer rules to block the move (i.e. the requirement for the owning club to accept a transfer fee acceptable them and release their registration certificate).

This is contrary to article 42, but the Commission is happy for it to happen.

Not strictly true. Sport is recognised as being different in the European treaties, although the extent to which it should be treated differently by the European Commission and ECJ is not made clear. However, where limits could be demonstrated to encourage the development and opportunity to play of local talent, they could be jusitified and ratified by the Commission.

The Commission ratified the current transfer fee system, even though technically it is contrary to Article 42, freedom to accept offers of employment actually made and freedom to move between member states for this purpose.

So for example, take Modric situation a couple of seasons back. He had an offer of employment from Chelsea, but was not free to accept that offer or move within the community to do so, as his employers were utilising FIFA transfer rules to block the move (i.e. the requirement for the owning club to accept a transfer fee acceptable them and release their registration certificate).

This is contrary to article 42, but the Commission is happy for it to happen.
I think that you are nit picking there. It would currently be open to challenge and to ratify a change it would require another round of negotiations between UEFA and the EU which, I suspect, neither body has an appetite for.

I think that you are nit picking there. It would currently be open to challenge and to ratify a change it would require another round of negotiations between UEFA and the EU which, I suspect, neither body has an appetite for.

They might not have the appetite for it, but i suspect such negotiations will happen at some point as most European FA's are experiencing the same concern, in that their domestic clubs are not using enough local talent.

Who: Hertyid
Where: COYS
When: 16th July

Apparently we have agreed terms with a young but very good CB. Still in discussion with the club though.

Barca definitely want Jan. Not sure if we'll sell him.

Interest in Soldado from outside UK but the offer very low so far. If it gets to acceptable level I think he'll be gone.
Nothing else interesting.
Have a good day.

Who: Hertyid

Apparently we have agreed terms with a young but very good CB. Still in discussion with the club though.

Barca definitely want Jan. Not sure if we'll sell him.

Interest in Soldado from outside UK but the offer very low so far. If it gets to acceptable level I think he'll be gone.
Nothing else interesting.
Have a good day.

At a guess, I'd say that the above was about Stones.

At a guess, I'd say that the above was about Stones.

At a guess Id say its all a load of nonsense. Every piece is hedging his bets:

Agreed terms, but yet to agree fee
Interest in Jan, not sure if will sell
Interest in Soldado, only if we get a good enough offer.

All ready made excuses when none of the above happens...

I don't fall much for the ITK stuff either but, in playing the game, Stones seems the likely candidate.

Stones has been linked to us by the press ITKs as well as the forum ITKs. Everton apparently issuing a hands off warning. I'm not even sure if I believe that we're in for the others, even if Ginter would be an excellent acquisition.

I'm unconvinced by Lascalles although that, in itself, doesn't mean a lot as there have been several players that I've not wanted us to sign, who we haven't signed, who have then turned out to be excellent players. I think I'd fit right in as a Spurs scout. :oops:

Forest are looking to sign Mancienne. Could be as a replacement for Lascelles. We've been watching him for quite some time now and he apparently did very well last season.

Stones makes no sense to me at all. Rival club, super expensive.

Forest are looking to sign Mancienne. Could be as a replacement for Lascelles. We've been watching him for quite some time now and he apparently did very well last season.

Stones makes no sense to me at all. Rival club, super expensive.

Yeah I remember all the French Gaol **** or whatever it was...

Who: Ali Z

ali z:

Young CB is Jamal we are very close to Davies too.
Guys do not expect major signings we are in addition to these two look for another CH and a LWF as well as 2/3 younger players. We are not going to get any head line grabbing signings, Poch is building from the back and realises he can only do it through 3/4 windows not in 1.
Jan likely to sign new deal.

ali z:

Guys do not expect major signings we are in addition to these two look for another CH and a LWF as well as 2/3 younger players. We are not going to get any head line grabbing signings, Poch is building from the back and realises he can only do it through 3/4 windows not in 1.

[-o<

ali z:

Out of all the ITK i've seen, this seems the most believable.

Keep majority of squad together from last season, tie the best players down on long-term contracts, fill squad gaps with young players with potential.

Back