• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

IF you believe the rumours

Pickford

Tripper Walker Stones Konsa Saka

Mainoo Rice

Foden Jude

Kane

That's my worry, 5 at the back 2 midfielders holding hands with the CBs, we are the beat team in the world playing 5 yard passes to stationary team mates. Kane, Bellingham and Foden living on scraps and expected to win the game.

It was a tactical masterclass from Southgate, completely fooled the watching public and Switzerland by playing Trippier at LB

I'm going to have eat my shorts as Trippier made more than 1 forward
pass.

It was a tactical masterclass from Southgate, completely fooled the watching public and Switzerland by playing Trippier at LB

I'm going to have eat my shorts as Trippier made more than 1 forward
pass.

I was surprised with Saka playing as RWB and Trippier remaining on the left side, thought there would have been more bitching about it on here tbf. But then keeping Saka on the side where he offers the most threat was what kept us in the game with a pretty delightful finish. The guy did also put in some balls in to reasonable areas but there was very little movement in the box.

Trippier, as much as people want him to be a punchline for some reason has put in some solid performances as expected. Of course it's predictable that he is often going to cut in to deliver a cross and that isn't always ideal but fair play to him, he's not a flashy superstar (especially on the left) but he consistently puts in 6 / 6.5 performances which is what we've needed to get through to this stage of the tournament.

Good that Shaw got some football though, it'll be interesting to see if he starts.
Well would you look at that. Into the semi finals.

And given the way of the world, you'll have plenty of Ingerlish fans disappointed as they wanted it to go horribly wrong as to confirm their belief that Southgate is an idiot.

One post in the Euros thread called Southgate a "reactive prick" as he made three substitutions - We scored three minutes later. So I don't mind having a "reactive prick" as a manager, I mind more about having a bizarrely toxic and entitled fan base desperate for the team to fail.

Southgate going on about all the grief he is getting
He has brought it all on himself with his ridiculous team selections and tactics
Suck it up Waistcoat
You've spawned it to the SF's
Pick the right team from the start on Wednesday and you won't get the grief

Southgate going on about all the grief he is getting
He has brought it all on himself with his ridiculous team selections and tactics
Suck it up Waistcoat
You've spawned it to the SF's
Pick the right team from the start on Wednesday and you won't get the grief

Right on cue lol! Spawned it to three SFs I guess?

You could offer something to the conversation by at least suggesting what you would do but you'd rather keep it vague by suggesting that he picks the "right team".

It beats posting NF propaganda for a change but it's still dumbing down the forum, you should try actually contributing something one time, it might be a good feeling to engage in adult level discourse

Right on cue lol! Spawned it to three SFs I guess?

You could offer something to the conversation by at least suggesting what you would do but you'd rather keep it vague by suggesting that he picks the "right team".

It beats posting NF propaganda for a change but it's still dumbing down the forum, you should try actually contributing something one time, it might be a good feeling to engage in adult level discourse
No one will care if we do manage to win the Euros playing this brick but if we don't win (lose to the Netherlands or in the Final), will you still be satisfied with his body of work during his spell with England? Honest question, Because some we say we had had multiple semis and a final and its been a great period while others will say its a wasted opportunity where he has had a great selection of players and wasted their potential blah blah.

Where do you sit Spurspinter1?

No one will care if we do manage to win the Euros playing this brick but if we don't win (lose to the Netherlands or in the Final), will you still be satisfied with his body of work during his spell with England? Honest question, Because some we say we had had multiple semis and a final and its been a great period while others will say its a wasted opportunity where he has had a great selection of players and wasted their potential blah blah.

I think Southgate's record in tournaments is outstanding, despite the hope's of many we don't have good enough players, some very good and a few average. His system has worked but it's just not entertaining, pragmatic and hard working but lacking that little bit of magic. We don't have a midfield which can control a game and without an in form Kane we look limited. Perhaps a new man will get us playing a more expansive game, but winning tournaments playing that way may be difficult as we've seen this year.

It is worth mentioning that Englands improved tournament progression has coincided with bigger tournaments - padding out the games we should surely and invariably do, lose.

If we do not win this tournament, our record will still be incredible by our standards. If you're only satisfied when you win trophies, as an England and Spurs fan life would be an incredibly difficult proposition.

This idea that we should be blowing away good, organized teams because we have got a lot of talented players is staggeringly naive. There's always been a wealth of talented players and getting them to perform to the sum of their parts hasn't been easy for managers of varying calibre.

What's different is that within the camp you actually get a feeling of togetherness and the players (by top level footballer standards) are actually quite likeable. I've enjoyed the journey, up until yesterday in this tournament the football has been quite painful to watch so I'm not out here pretending that we've been scintillating.

And if people genuinely think Southgate is a clown / out of his depth, fine, it's fine to have an opinion that I disagree with but at least back it up with some context. Take it back to the world cup finishing bottom of a group with Costa fudging Rica and I could get people venting and simply saying "We're total brick", the results and the performances warranted that kind of response. But now, everything just seems rather spiteful to Southgate, I guess it's the nature of the internet, come online and say malicious brick anonymously that you wouldn't say in person, directed towards people that are infinitely more qualified/ experienced that actually have to make decisions.

I think win or lose the Southgate era should probably come to an end but saying that I'm not sure exactly who should take over or what kind of profile coach should do the job. For a poisoned chalice type position, Southgate can and will hold his head high whatever happens in the next couple of games. Constant moaning from miserable clams whether you win or lose is part of the parcel in any job in football, this is why they (coaches and footballers) learn to blank it out.

Look through all of the teams we have played in the last 3 tournaments (thats including this one so far). Only once have we played a big team and won and that was a poor Germany team. We have had teams of the standard of our usual qualifier groups for most of these tournaments. We have been extremely lucky with our route in those 3 tournaments and most would have expected us to get as far as we got in all of them and we struggled in quite a few of those games.

Look through all of the teams we have played in the last 3 tournaments (thats including this one so far). Only once have we played a big team and won and that was a poor Germany team. We have had teams of the standard of our usual qualifier groups for most of these tournaments. We have been extremely lucky with our route in those 3 tournaments and most would have expected us to get as far as we got in all of them and we struggled in quite a few of those games.

That attitude is part of the problem, many assume their are 5 or 6 "big teams" and we should beat the rest easily, no respect they're just s bunch of farmers etc. All teams seem to play with greater national pride than us and most are well coached to a level where they can make it difficult to breakdown. When we do well against one of the "big teams" its put down to they were poor not we were good.

If we do not win this tournament, our record will still be incredible by our standards. If you're only satisfied when you win trophies, as an England and Spurs fan life would be an incredibly difficult proposition.

This idea that we should be blowing away good, organized teams because we have got a lot of talented players is staggeringly naive. There's always been a wealth of talented players and getting them to perform to the sum of their parts hasn't been easy for managers of varying calibre.

What's different is that within the camp you actually get a feeling of togetherness and the players (by top level footballer standards) are actually quite likeable. I've enjoyed the journey, up until yesterday in this tournament the football has been quite painful to watch so I'm not out here pretending that we've been scintillating.

And if people genuinely think Southgate is a clown / out of his depth, fine, it's fine to have an opinion that I disagree with but at least back it up with some context. Take it back to the world cup finishing bottom of a group with Costa fudging Rica and I could get people venting and simply saying "We're total brick", the results and the performances warranted that kind of response. But now, everything just seems rather spiteful to Southgate, I guess it's the nature of the internet, come online and say malicious brick anonymously that you wouldn't say in person, directed towards people that are infinitely more qualified/ experienced that actually have to make decisions.

I think win or lose the Southgate era should probably come to an end but saying that I'm not sure exactly who should take over or what kind of profile coach should do the job. For a poisoned chalice type position, Southgate can and will hold his head high whatever happens in the next couple of games. Constant moaning from miserable clams whether you win or lose is part of the parcel in any job in football, this is why they (coaches and footballers) learn to blank it out.

We’ve definitely rode our luck in this tournament. And in general we have had favourable draws in the tournaments Southgate has managed the team in. It would just be nice if we could enjoy the games. I guess it doesn’t matter how we play if we go on to win it but it will be frustrating if we crash out in the semis or lose in the final and don’t show any attacking intent and lose with a whimper. I’d rather we play more like Spain with a bit of verve and intent. What I will say for Southgate is he has made this team a lot more likeable than previous England teams and they all seem to really get along which previous England teams didn’t with their cliques. We’re also better at penalties. As a coach I don’t really rate him but you have to also be fair and credit him for the results he has achieved as football is a results business. I would love to see us go for a progressive manager like Pep or Klopp, I’m sure they’d consider it if we threw enough money at them. Not that I would want to lose Ange but he would have us in the front foot a lot more, albeit we’d probably concede loads from set pieces 😜

Back