• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Personally I’d get back to basics
I’d go 4-2-3-1 - most players know it
Kane can play central in the 3 too if we need more creativity
We have saka and Foden who can play right
Grealish and Sterling who can play right
Toney, Abraham and Kane as strikers
Problems is that 10 role
Mount can keep us functional
Maddison could be anything But won’t get a sniff

Indeed. He's never played well for England. I think his lack of experience of anything other than that particular Guardiola style really limits him. Mount is a far more effective option.

It's true isn't it. Foden has been lauded as the best of a generation but never seems to have a stand out game whenever I see him. Do City fans rate him highly? I'd be interested to see what they think as they see him week in week out. Maybe he just doesn't play well as well for England, I mean Kane doesn't look great sometimes with Sterling etc around him.

It's true isn't it. Foden has been lauded as the best of a generation but never seems to have a stand out game whenever I see him. Do City fans rate him highly? I'd be interested to see what they think as they see him week in week out. Maybe he just doesn't play well as well for England, I mean Kane doesn't look great sometimes with Sterling etc around him.
He is class IMO but club and country are very different
He plays with better players in a more structured way at club level
I always think at country level it’s 10 cpas before you even get it

He is class IMO but club and country are very different
He plays with better players in a more structured way at club level
I always think at country level it’s 10 cpas before you even get it

Yeah, I don't watch enough of him to know how to get the best out of him for England.

He's brilliant, always excellent for City

Again, why?
Little end product before last night. Can’t really pass as a creator
He reminds me of a weak lampard
Be interested to know your logic
All professionals I see on TV say that Mount is incredibly important and wonderful at breaking the lines and linking midfield to attack etc. Also he is often deployed to disrupt the opposition's DM/playmaker.
The midfield 2 could easily get overwhelmed by other teams:
Rice can sit and destroy, then Bellingham is more box to box and really throws himself into challenges and into goal attempts which creates panic... Mount will help them out to control midfield.

All professionals I see on TV say that Mount is incredibly important and wonderful at breaking the lines and linking midfield to attack etc. Also he is often deployed to disrupt the opposition's DM/playmaker.
The midfield 2 could easily get overwhelmed by other teams:
Rice can sit and destroy, then Bellingham is more box to box and really throws himself into challenges and into goal attempts which creates panic... Mount will help them out to control midfield.
They also rate sterling which to me shows their recency bias rather than an understanding of the game
Mount is another decent player. He doesn’t shine at anything though and ticks the functional box which is why England won’t win anything … as usual

Mount - he's good at driving through the lines with an eye on his team mates ... reminds me a bit of Lothar Mattheus, went he decides to move up, the whole team goes with him. Only thing missing with Mount is character and leadership , if he had Hojberg's attitude he'd be Mattheus Mk II

Foden - does the same but tries to hard to be in the poisition to be in the finishing position, quite disruptive (pros and cons)

Sterling - most selfish of the lot and could have been a Mount or Foden but wants to be Kane LOL.

Mount - he's good at driving through the lines with an eye on his team mates ... reminds me a bit of Lothar Mattheus, went he decides to move up, the whole team goes with him. Only thing missing with Mount is character and leadership , if he had Hojberg's attitude he'd be Mattheus Mk II

Foden - does the same but tries to hard to be in the poisition to be in the finishing position, quite disruptive (pros and cons)

Sterling - most selfish of the lot and could have been a Mount or Foden but wants to be Kane LOL.

I think Sterling wants to be a train driver or fireman.

Mason Mount an Lothar Mattheus? Come off it seriously, they are nothing alike. YOu are comparing him to one of the biggest driving forces in world football history, played sweeper and DM and was incredible. Mount is closer to a loafabreed

Back