• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

lamela's unassuming nature doesn't do him any good. kinda like lennon, always giving, never demanding. so now and then he gets the raw end of the stick from the other players. however i trust that poch has ans iron fist across the team, and that in the debriefs and post-game evaluation all is made good again.

Former Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe admits he's delighted to see Erik Lamela doing well at White Hart Lane

Jermain Defoe has admitted that he is delighted to see Erik Lamela proving his doubters wrong by playing an important role in Tottenham's title challenge, Sky Sports reports.

The 24-year-old endured a poor start to his time in the Premier League, but he has started to show this season exactly why the club signed him in the first place.

And after playing alongside the attacking midfielder from when he first arrived from Roma in 2013 until Defoe left for Toronto the following year, the Sunderland striker insisted that he was pleased to see his former teammate doing so well.

"It's nice to see someone like Erik Lamela doing so well because I was there with Erik and there were times when there was a lot of pressure on him," he told Sky Sports.

"He'd come to the club for a big fee and you could see at times it was really getting to him because he wanted to do well but the Premier League's a difficult league.

"But now seeing him do well is unbelievable."

Lamela has scored four goals and contributed seven assists in the league to help Mauricio Pochettino's men move into the title picture in the top flight.

It is perhaps his consistency that has been such a revelation in recent times. While Spurs fans were often treated to moments of brilliance - such as the rabona goal in a Europa League game in 2014 - they were arguably too few and far between for him to be relied upon to be a key player for the club.

However, this season he has been influential on a much more regular basis, so will surely be one of the men that Pochettino looks to to help the side overturn the five-point deficit to Leicester at the top of the table.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/2...iker-jermain-defoe-admits-hes-delighted-to-s/

---------------------------------------------------------------

It is nice to see Lamela getting appreciated more for all his contributions this season. He now has 4 goals and 7 assists in the league and 10 goals and 8 assists in total. But for all his workrate and skills, Lamela should have scored more league goals. He really should have been more greedy and scored the goal himself against Stoke instead of passing to Kane for our third goal.

"you're spurs and you know you are". always loved defoe

Photo: Erik Lamela issues rallying cry ahead of Tottenham v West Brom
Erik Lamela is ready for Tottenham Hotspur's clash against West Brom on Monday night

Tottenham Hotspur’s clash against West Bromwich Albion at White Hart Lane on Monday night.

The north London side will face an anxious wait to see how leaders Leicester City get on against Swansea City at King Power Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Tottenham are just five points behind the Foxes after Mauricio Pochettino’s men were 4-0 winners against Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium on Monday night.

Lamela trained with the Tottenham squad on Saturday afternoon as the Spurs manager put his players through their paces ahead of Monday’s clash.

Lamela3.jpg

And the north London side’s club-record signing posted the above photo and uploaded a rallying cry to his Tottenham team-mates.

Lamela wrote: “A photo of training today , looking forward to Monday night… come on you spurs !
1f44a.png
#COYS”

The 24-year-old has scored four times and has made seven assists in 30 Premier League appearances for the title contenders this season.

Tottenham can book their place in next season’s Champions League with victory over West Brom.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2...-rallying-cry-ahead-of-tottenham-v-west-brom/

--------------------------------------------------------

Lamela has been in great form lately. Hope he can continue it against WBA with more goals and assists !

Last edited:
Is Man U in the cup final a positive or a negative for their game against Leicester?

Possibly they will be on a high and have good confidence but possibly they will put their champs league qualification priorities into the cup.

Apologies for wrong thread

Is Man U in the cup final a positive or a negative for their game against Leicester?

Possibly they will be on a high and have good confidence but possibly they will put their champs league qualification priorities into the cup.

Who cares about ManU as long as they beat Leicester ! But the question for us will be was it worth to throw away the FA Cup match against Palace to concentrate on the league ? As it is, if we had beaten Palace in Round 5, we would had free ride to Final as we would have beaten Reading(QF) and Watford(Semi final).

I'd say it's a good thing. They get some momentum, and really must push on to fight for that fourth place. They need to beat Leicester if they are to have any chance of 4th.

Who cares about ManU as long as they beat Leicester ! But the question for us will be was it worth to throw away the FA Cup match against Palace to concentrate on the league ? As it is, if we had beaten Palace in Round 5, we would had free ride to Final as we would have beaten Reading(QF) and Watford(Semi final).

The numbers would have been different though so you can't say who we would or wouldn't have got in the event that we came through. Anyhow, I think even if we don't win the title focussing on the best chance we've had to win the league since 61 is always the right choice. Even if we finish 2nd we will have overtaken Arsenal at last, got a little bit more prize money and, most importantly, will go in as 2nd seeds in The Champions League rather than 4th or 3rd.

We'll enter the FA Cup from now until the competition ends, if ever does. This could be the only chance we'll get in years to win the title so we needed to throw 100% at it.

The numbers would have been different though so you can't say who we would or wouldn't have got in the event that we came through. Anyhow, I think even if we don't win the title focussing on the best chance we've had to win the league since 61 is always the right choice. Even if we finish 2nd we will have overtaken Arsenal at last, got a little bit more prize money and, most importantly, will go in as 2nd seeds in The Champions League rather than 4th or 3rd.

We'll enter the FA Cup from now until the competition ends, if ever does. This could be the only chance we'll get in years to win the title so we needed to throw 100% at it.

Not advocating the argument at all but the numbers for the draw are the same whether Palace or Spurs had won. Its pre determined by the match number as it was drawn out. So in the 5th round there are 8 matches drawn out with 16 teams and say we were the 7th tie then the winner of that will be no.7 ball out of 8 Balls for the quarter final drawn whoever wins.

Just to add to the general theme on a personal level, I would have in hindsight preferred losing to Florentina had I known what we were going to do against Dortmund and maybe really had it put in against Palace and gone for the double. In fairness though we did put out a strong side and were a little unfortunate if I remember? Didn't we hit both posts in the first few minutes and have a goal disallowed?

I still remember meeting Erik after 0-3 loose to Liverpool.
He looked really upset (and I couldn't tell the same about Ade or Capoue f.e.). I cheered him up, said that fans fully support him and see his desire, but he should continue working hard and as result he will achieve success at WHL. I'm very glad he listened to me. A memorable moment.

He can still be overrated.

3rd highest scorer in the PL in 2016, and if Sunderland do stay up, its 100% due to him. JD is a good (not great) top level PL striker that probably was born a decade late (the pure poacher role is used so much less now). Part of a group of players (Keane, Lennon, etc.) that helped lift Spurs out of mid-table mediocrity to "best of the rest" and for that I will remember him fondly.

Lamela has had a great season, he's contributing more now (vs. just work rate/effort), as I've said before, still feel he's no where near his ceiling ability wise.

Back