• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Homophobic Chanting at Old Trafford

Ron Burgess

Chris Gunter
I haven't seen a post about the homophobic chants at Old Trafford so please merge if there is already one.

Just putting it out there that Proud Lilywhites have excellently come up with a 2nd line for the new Solanke chant "Leaves defenders on their arse" instead of the Mik Arteta nonsense.

Spurs didn't specify whether it was the Mason Mount chanting or Solanke they are referring to, but it's probably both. I'd like for us to start leaving Woolwich and Chelsea out of our chanting full stop, but especially stuff about sexual orientation. It's 2024 and people are going to start getting banned and criminal records if that section of fans don't grow up.

I haven't seen a post about the homophobic chants at Old Trafford so please merge if there is already one.

Just putting it out there that Proud Lilywhites have excellently come up with a 2nd line for the new Solanke chant "Leaves defenders on their arse" instead of the Mik Arteta nonsense.

Spurs didn't specify whether it was the Mason Mount chanting or Solanke they are referring to, but it's probably both. I'd like for us to start leaving Woolwich and Chelsea out of our chanting full stop, but especially stuff about sexual orientation. It's 2024 and people are going to start getting banned and criminal records if that section of fans don't grow up.
I’m with you.
I couldn’t give a toss about anyone’s preferences if they’re there to support our team

Ron you were my dads favourite Spurs player

Anyone know what the chant was? I wondered if it was the vile Campbell chant referring to HIV? Not sure if it is homophobic but certainly grossly offensive, and the one chant I would be happy never to hear again.

I don't like to do the look over here brick .. but ..

- The Solanke chant (didn't hear anything re Mount) is hardly homophobic ... it may not be appropriate, and it's a bit out of touch for the times but like the Judas one, this isn't a anti-gay chant, it's an insulting chant for a specific individual.

My hand waving thing .. maybe the FA should be more concerned about having actual rapists/abusers playing in high visibility teams

- The Solanke chant (didn't hear anything re Mount) is hardly homophobic ... it may not be appropriate, and it's a bit out of touch for the times but like the Judas one, this isn't a anti-gay chant, it's an insulting chant for a specific individual.

My hand waving thing .. maybe the FA should be more concerned about having actual rapists/abusers playing in high visibility teams
Insulting? You are saying that gay sex is an insult?

I don't think it's a very good chant or witty and understand some might be offended but that's the whole point of this type of thing, what next? Expelled from ground for calling a player a dirty bastard as the player might have a very intense personal hygiene programme and not illegitimate?

It is homophobic. It is quite unambiguously targeting sexual orientation in a negative and derisive way. Much like the Henry amarillo song and others. Suggestions that it could be referring to Arteta's wife are like blocking out the sun with your hand then claiming it isn't there.

All that should matter is that Lilywhite Spurs and the LGBTQ+ community who support spurs have asked that it stops and have offered a much better alternative version that avoids offensive discrimination and Woolwich. I really believe at some point in the months or years to come the authorities will make an example of a club who engage in this archaic form of abuse with games behind closed doors, banning orders, and mass criminal records. Maybe then it stops.

Back