• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harrys Trial

so i was looking in to arsenals history with the tax man trying to find something to reply to a mates* facebook status there 2"not being any tax dodgers in sight" - i thought well there must be something i can hit him back with other than - "nah, but there's plenty of rapists pedophiles and murderers at your club" or something along those lines - well anyway up pops this story about there bonus scheme from few years back, can't find anything about it anywhere else and this site doesn't look the most reliable, wondered if anyone knew much about the story ?

http://www.footballeconomy.com/archive/archive_2005_oct_11.htm

so i was looking in to arsenals history with the tax man trying to find something to reply to a mates* facebook status there 2"not being any tax dodgers in sight" - i thought well there must be something i can hit him back with other than - "nah, but there's plenty of rapists pedophiles and murderers at your club" or something along those lines - well anyway up pops this story about there bonus scheme from few years back, can't find anything about it anywhere else and this site doesn't look the most reliable, wondered if anyone knew much about the story ?

http://www.footballeconomy.com/archive/archive_2005_oct_11.htm

Great find. Looks like systemic fraud on a grand scale (allegedly) and puts Arry's trifling peccadillo (if found guilty) - into perspective.

found a bit more on it, looks like it actually happened, funny - can't remember much being made of it at the time

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1467295/Parlour-divorce-exposes-Arsenal-offshore-tax-dodge.html

whats also funny is that since all that happened Arsenal have gone further and further downhill, wonder if there's a link between their success and their ability to pay their players more money than the competition by way of tax avoidance ??

In one season alone, some ?ú7.6 million of the club's wage bill is estimated to have been channelled through one of the trusts, with nearly 30 players having to pay a total of just ?ú76,000 tax, according to an investigation carried out by the Sunday Times Newspaper.

Legal bods:

If Harry is found guilty, can his defence team use the Arsenal case as a precedent for sentencing? Clearly, given HMRC's dogged pursuit of that case, various people at Arsenal were guilty of going beyond tax avoidance and strayed into tax evasion to a far greater extent than anything Harry is accused of. Yet , as far as I'm aware, no one at Arsenal received a custodial sentence.

The thing which is the scariest about this for Arry is that there might be an iceberg and we might only be privy to the tip of it's tip!!!! I sincerely hope not, but you have to wonder what sort of person doesn't know that the 250k they loaned someone has never been paid back?!!! I am good friends with some multi-millionaires and I can guarantee you they would notice!

I seems to me like the whole defense is based on 'reasonable doubt' the fact that no-one could be so stupid as to dodge such a proportionately small amount of tax given their annual earnings, and the fact that said-person is also 'clueless' about business dealings beyond a very simplistic level. On that level, harry will absolutely avoid a sentence of any description. That is not to say there's nothing there, it is simply saying that his defense is based on the one solid stone cold fact of this entire case; that no-one can be sure if Harry has any clue about what went on!!!!

I will say I do wonder what 'revelations' we will hear this week.

The thing which is the scariest about this for Arry is that there might be an iceberg and we might only be privy to the tip of it's tip!!!! I sincerely hope not, but you have to wonder what sort of person doesn't know that the 250k they loaned someone has never been paid back?!!! I am good friends with some multi-millionaires and I can guarantee you they would notice!

I seems to me like the whole defense is based on 'reasonable doubt' the fact that no-one could be so stupid as to dodge such a proportionately small amount of tax given their annual earnings, and the fact that said-person is also 'clueless' about business dealings beyond a very simplistic level. On that level, harry will absolutely avoid a sentence of any description. That is not to say there's nothing there, it is simply saying that his defense is based on the one solid stone cold fact of this entire case; that no-one can be sure if Harry has any clue about what went on!!!!

I will say I do wonder what 'revelations' we will hear this week.

I wouldn't have thought that there's much more to come. It's the defence's turn to present their case this week.

Trial gets interesting now as its the turn of the defence.

Surely all they have to do is prove that Harry didn't deliberately cheat the HMRC

Which shouldn't be hard as apparently he's an illiterate macaron

Interesting stuff today:

"Mandaric told jury that tax had already been paid on all of his money in Monaco. Tax had been paid in USA, so told R not to worry about tax"

"Mandaric says it wasn't Redknapp's money in Rosie47. 'It was my money'. Mandaric says Redknapp only entitled to profit on it"

As far as I can make out, they cant prove sh#t.

Im so looking forward to Harrys speech when he's aquitted.

Interesting stuff today:

"Mandaric told jury that tax had already been paid on all of his money in Monaco. Tax had been paid in USA, so told R not to worry about tax"

"Mandaric says it wasn't Redknapp's money in Rosie47. 'It was my money'. Mandaric says Redknapp only entitled to profit on it"
If that's true then it's Mandaric's responsibility to pay the tax, and nothing to do with Redknapp, surely? I could pay my salary into my brother's bank account, but it's still my salary, so it's still my responsibility to pay the tax on it no matter what bank account it ends up in.

Maybe it is just because of my US location (tax day is April 15th), but did anyone else get the banner ad for "Tax Slayer" software? Harry could use a copy if he wasn't computer, and apparently otherwise, illiterate!

BTW, I sense a PR opportunity for Harry if acquitted---how about a public service announcement to encourage kid's to study so that they can write better than a 2 year old? Of course, the untold millions that he has earned despite this apparent handicap may under cut the benefit. As an alternative, maybe Harry could enroll in an Adult Education class to show that it is never too late to learn.....

cant wait till the trial and the transfer window end

lets get back to the football

Trial gets interesting now as its the turn of the defence.

Surely all they have to do is prove that Harry didn't deliberately cheat the HMRC

Which shouldn't be hard as apparently he's an illiterate macaron

Interesting stuff today:

Harry doesn't have to prove anything - its for the prosecution to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that Harry and Mandric together conspired to cheat the Revenue.
They don't have to prove that they actually did cheat the Revenue, just that they reached an agreement to put money into account with the intention of avoiding the payment of tax on that money.
If Harry's team can introduce sufficient doubt to mean the jury cannot be sure that the allegation is made out, the jury have to return a 'not guilty' verdict.
In the absence of any documents/emails/phone calls etc, even with the account in the dog's name, given Harry was at the time paying hundreds of thousands in tax each year (and probably actually over-paying as most of us don't declare every last penny we could set off against our tax bill) and also giving away a fortune to charity, I think it unlikely a jury will be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that Harry conspired to cheat.
We'll see. Be interesting to see if he gives evidence or whether his team just call his accountant to set out matters.

Pretty sad that Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal fans only hope of them overtaking us is Harry going to jail. Must be very hard for them to stomach that we are a better team.

Redknapp: "We had our ups and downs. We were both a bit volatile, especially me. There's nobody I'd rather go for dinner with"
Redknapp: " I always pay my tax. I'd rather pay too much tax than not enough. I always pay my tax"

Laughter in Court when Redknapp reveals that barrister representing Milan Mandaric is an Arsenal fan

He takes the oath and gives his name as Henry James Redknapp

Breaking - Harry Redknapp WILL take the stand and give evidence in his trial. Called to the stand now

Mandaric's lawyers call 2 character witnesses. 1st is American. "Milan will race you up stairs in subway. Doesn't drive round in limousine"

Mandaric: "Being here (in Court) is not something that I deserve, but hopefully one day we can forget it"

Mandaric says entitled to be friends with his manager + make investment for him, in same way entitled to holiday and play tennis with him

Mandaric says "never in a million years" had he discussed with Redknapp trying to hide money in Monaco

Pros: "This was off record bonus paid to your manager offshore." Mandaric "That's nothing to do with truth. Sad I have to defend it"

Prosecution claim Rosie47 was secret account. Mandaric :"No, there was no secret account. There are no secrets about this at all"

More discussion in Redknapp/Mandaric trial about name of Redknapp's Monaco account. Mandaric "Rosie was a very cute dog"

Mandaric "For GHod's sake. He had contract over ?ú4 million. Would be insult to say to Harry 'I'll give you ?ú100,000 on top of your 4 million"

Pros: "Your friend Harry Redknapp knew perfectly well the money was connected to sale of Crouch." Mandaric: "You'll have to ask him that"

Prosecution: "I'm saying Mr Mandaric that you paid a a bung." Mandaric: "I don't understand where you are coming from"

Prosecution to Mandaric: Monaco money was "partly in relation to sale of Peter Crouch, isn't that right?" Mandaric: "Absolutely not"

Redknapp is in dock. Mandaric will continue giving evidence this morning. Once again Jamie Redknapp is here. He hasn't missed a day yet

Once again Jamie Redknapp is here. He hasn't missed a day yet

Bit chilly for golf this time of year.

Since Harry has taken the stand most of the tweets about the trial have started with "Laughter in court as Redknapp says,"... they won't convict him, he's charming the pants off everyone in that courtroom :lol:

Back